• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Karma. #JusticeForLilKim
mechero_750w.jpg

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I stop following this thread for a few hours and Nicki has a complete meltdown. Pathetic.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
We hadn't had a week as entertaining as this one in pop music history since Gaga's fuckery a few years ago and maybe Rihanna's latest album rollout, so we'll give her that. Maybe if she had worked harder on the album instead of finishing it up hours before the release date, which was pushed back twice, things would have gone differently. You don't release that Ariana feature and expect people to buy an album full of that.

Difference is that Rihanna's last album rollout resulted in Nine week #1 Hot 100 single "Work" and a triple platinum album that spent multiple weeks at the top of the Billboard 200. QUEEN seemingly has neither of the aforementioned accomplishments happening.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Outside of her guest spots on MBDTF and on Knockout with Wayne, her flow has always been trash and she still managed to be as successful as she is.

Guess the luck ran out.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Uh, no. She's arguably the biggest and most technically proficient woman around in the rap game these days. Even if you don't like her, she most certainly does not suck.

I mean. Her lyrics are the same inane, vapid shit we've heard in a lot of popular rap for numerous decades about diamonds, being #1, liking how hot xyz person looks, etc. Etc.

Lyrically it's nothing special. Music composition wise it's nothing fresh either. She's the same as many before her and I won't be surprised if she pulls a Minaj down the line.

Delaney

Oct 25, 2017
Difference is that Rihanna's last album rollout resulted in Nine week #1 Hot 100 single "Work" and a triple platinum album that spent multiple weeks at the top of the Billboard 200. QUEEN seemingly has neither of the aforementioned accomplishments happening.
Yeah, I was talking about the all the promotional stuff that happened beforehand with the random singles and the mobile ads that led nowhere.

QUEEN is also doing pretty good for a posthumous release.

puebla084

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (Permanent): Defending sexual abuse of a minor.
That song is fire and I quite like 6ix9ine. He wasn't charged as a pedophile - the charge was "sexual performance in a video with a minor." Being 18 and posting a video of yourself on Instagram with your friends and naked girls to get cred and then finding out later that one of the girls was underaged is a dumb mistake. Nobody would intentionally post a video of themselves with a naked girl on Instagram if they knew she was 14. Regardless, he didn't have sex with the girl in the video and even if he did privately off-camera, I still would chalk it up to dumb teenaged ignorance (clearly he didn't know to check the girls' id's and get release forms), rather than purposely seeking out underaged girls to have sex with, aka "pedophile". Anyway, as a now 21-year old with a dirt-poor background and no education he is quite a good communicator, handling these three much-older experienced interviewers' attacks well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNjiBBCNkk0
U spoke the truth about 6ix9ine. He was just a young dude doing hood shit, didn't even know the girl and the dudes who invited him to shoot the video, he had met that same day. I'm enjoying watching him succeed in front of all the adversity. Sucks he's probably going to prison for violating probation.

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes, now Jean Grae finally can be relevant.

*Crickets

Everything's Fine, on all major streaming platforms. :(

louisacommie

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I mean I was 18 2 years ago and I never filmed under aged woman in sexual acts and then uploaded it, idk about you but that doesn't seem like a difficult thing to avoid doing.

Jeez are we going to defend R Kelly, Kevin spacey, or Chris Brown next.

Oct 26, 2017
Let's not crazy and act like she isn't the best female MC right now. If she spits like her mixtape days, she could easily out rap most people out right now.

I mean, she seems like a terrible person and she doesn't really use her talent in most of her music.

Nicki Minaj is hypothetically good in the same way that Eminem is hypothetically good but neither are actually good.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's not crazy and act like she isn't the best female MC right now. If she spits like her mixtape days, she could easily out rap most people out right now.
Noooooooope. If we talk about female rappers, you have Jean Grae, Tierra Whack, NoName, Stefflon Don, 070 Shake, MIA, Kamaiyah, Bbymutha, CupcakKe, Lizzo, City Girls, Rapsody, Princess Nokia, and more out there. All of them are doing more than Nicki when it comes to advancing their sound or just being dope artists. It's only after you narrow down the field to those making mainstream pop hits that Nicki's name can even enter the conversation regarding the greatest. And even then, Cardi B would still come out the winner considering how "Invasion of Privacy" bucked all the major pop album trends and still sold more than "Queen."

Oligarchenemy

Oct 25, 2017
U spoke the truth about 6ix9ine. He was just a young dude doing hood shit, didn't even know the girl and the dudes who invited him to shoot the video, he had met that same day. I'm enjoying watching him succeed in front of all the adversity. Sucks he's probably going to prison for violating probation.

Fuck out of here with this pedophile defence force.

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't see this Cardi B individual having a particularly long shelf life.
I think Cardi wins this conversation at this very moment in time.

There is a chance she could mature into a musician marrying critical acclaim with popular success. There is a chance that 10 years down the line she'll be collaborating with terrible people and melting down over "Invasion of Privacy 5: This Time It's Personal" not going to #1. But, as of right now, she's beat Nicki at her own game.

Honestly, going off of raw talent, I'd put Cardi and Azealia over Nicki anyday.