• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
The last 2 years, they went up against it and I guess this year, they got scared for nothing.

Is the VMAs live this year or are they doing what they did with the Movie Awards and having it tonight but not show it til tomorrow?

It's live.

Also, they didn't go up against Game of Thrones the past two years. It was Monday last year too.

Oct 29, 2017
Australia
MhyrGV7.gif

This gif...I can't breathe.

Dec 12, 2017
Being 35 years old is now grounds for "her age doesn't help her either."

I'm sorry, but again, how often are you going to hear that kind of comment about a male rapper?
Not when her shtick is sex appeal and at a certain age it seems desperate and corny. I'm pretty sure that no one notes the age of Rapsody when discussion of her music comes up.

Khaos Prime

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
She's going to be melting down again later this year when she gets no Grammy nominations and Cardi B gets several.

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not her trying to dial back.

This meltdown is so Azealia Banks-esque. If Nicki didn't have a PR team, we would probably get meltdowns like this often. We already know Nicki is problematic, with her defense of multiple pedophiles, her homophobic history, her bringing up social issues only when it's beneficial to her, and her iffy antisemitic video.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
For those of you whom don't know, rapress Onika Minaj just released her controversial album last week, oddly titled 'Queen'.

Onika has spent the past year flustered, pressed, obsessed, with colleague Cardi B, shading her in multiple songs and interviews. One may wonder if it's because Cardi's debut album topped the charts, had a solo #1 hit, something Nicki had not done in 6 years and ever, respectively.

Onika recently released a song with pedophile-charged rapper 6ix9ine titled "Fefe"

It somehow, became a moderate hit.
When reports came out predicting Onika's album was not going to go #1, she made the decision to add FEFE to her album despite the album already being released and the song not even having her as the lead artist. Since song streams count towards "album equivalents" these days, her plan was hopefully the popularity of the song could be enough to edge out Travis Scott's Astroworld for #1. In further desperation, she began selling the album for $5 on her website.

Well, it wasnt. Queen was just announced to debut at #2. Nicki furiously fired off a tweet storm when this happened:

https://twitter.com/NICKIMINAJ/status/1030888110157164544
https://twitter.com/NICKIMINAJ/status/1030888977233010689
https://twitter.com/NICKIMINAJ/status/1030891220854362112

What does ERA think of this situation? Should we all be laughing at Nicki Minaj right now? Is Cardi the real queen? Discuss.

What were the deleted tweets?

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What were the deleted tweets?
She pointed out that Lady GaGa has worked with R Kelly , and didn't receive as much criticism as she is for working with pedophile 6ixty9ine or whatever his name is. Essentially, "she worked with an abuser, so why can't I?"

Lady GaGa fans flooded her comments and got "#NickiIsOverParty" trending worldwide, so she deleted the tweets.

Francesco

Nov 22, 2017
She pointed out that Lady GaGa has worked with R Kelly , and didn't receive as much criticism as she is for working with pedophile 6ixty9ine or whatever his name is. Essentially, "she worked with an abuser, so why can't I?"

Lady GaGa fans flooded her comments and got "#NickiIsOverParty" trending worldwide, so she deleted the tweets.
Damn.

Sony

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Being 35 years old is now grounds for "her age doesn't help her either."

I'm sorry, but again, how often are you going to hear that kind of comment about a male rapper?

Not when her shtick is sex appeal and at a certain age it seems desperate and corny. I'm pretty sure that no one notes the age of Rapsody when discussion of her music comes up.

Exactly. People would be lining up if Missy Elliot would drop a new album.

Though I still think Nikki is really attractive and will continue to be for a really long time.

Deleted member 2809

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not her trying to dial back.

This meltdown is so Azealia Banks-esque. If Nicki didn't have a PR team, we would probably get meltdowns like this often. We already know Nicki is problematic, with her defense of multiple pedophiles, her homophobic history, her bringing up social issues only when it's beneficial to her, and her iffy antisemitic video.
But she gave money to some students so she's cool !

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
How is Akamedimiks coming looking like the voice of reason?

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think Nicki expressing herself sexually is fine no matter her age, and think it's really sexist and ageist to say she should stop just because of her age, but you'd think someone who calls herself the "Queen" of rap at every opportunity wouldn't have temper tantrums like this and go around pointing fingers at everyone because her album didn't perform as well as she expected. THAT'S embarrassing to see from a woman at her age who's been big for about a decade now.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2018
Uh, no. She's arguably the biggest and most technically proficient woman around in the rap game these days. Even if you don't like her, she most certainly does not suck.

She's not the most technically proficient female rapper by any stretch. Cardi doesn't even have a natural talent for rap, and she even admits in her GQ interview how she has to re-do takes a bunch of times to even get her bars to come out properly. Even then, many of her punchlines fall flat and she raps off beat very often.

Y'all may like Cardi on this forum, but stop posting false shit like this.

It's disrespectful to female emcees that are actually flawless in their execution.

Jun 10, 2018
You'd think someone who deems herself the "Queen" of rap would actually back that up, with y'know....some actual wit/ingenuity in their lyrics rather than pushing the same stuff as before. Or hiding behind sales for that matter.

At least Cardi is fun to listen to with her off-the-wall comparisons, even if she's not the best lyrically.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
She tweeted that she might delay her North American tour until next spring this morning. They also gave her donkey of the day on the Breakfast Club lol. So many Ls.

Deleted member 9746

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Nicki expressing herself sexually is fine no matter her age, and think it's really sexist and ageist to say she should stop just because of her age, but you'd think someone who calls herself the "Queen" of rap at every opportunity wouldn't have temper tantrums like this and go around pointing fingers at everyone because her album didn't perform as well as she expected. THAT'S embarrassing to see from a woman at her age who's been big for about a decade now.
I think it's fine for her to express herself sexually, but don't try to shame sex workers and then use sex to sell your music. It's hypocritical as fuck.

Anyway, Cardi B's new music video is out so let's talk about that instead:

Francois Dillinger

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2018
Nicki's wyling but promotion is promotion in 2018. Her second week numbers, if she gets outsold again by an album in its 3rd week, is gonna cause another breakdown.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's fine for her to express herself sexually, but don't try to shame sex workers and then use sex to sell your music. It's hypocritical as fuck.

Miss Nicki has some major talent but it is weird to me how Cardi already put out a great album when Nicki still hasn't put out a good album. Missy and Kim had multiple great albums by this point ten years into their careers too (before Kim herself ended).

Maybe it is just the curse of trying to find the balance between pop songs and rap but.. these filler midtempos and ballads are not iT.

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

omg I forgot she did that. She's seriously messed up.

Also, amazing song and video wow! I wonder if it could become Cardi's 3rd #1!...

Con_Smith

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Miss Nicki has some major talent but it is weird to me how Cardi already put out a great album when Nicki still hasn't put out a good album. Missy and Kim had multiple great albums by this point ten years into their careers too (before Kim herself ended).

Maybe it is just the curse of trying to find the balance between pop songs and rap but.. these filler midtempos and ballads are not iT.

I think it's the huge cosign cosign she got during the beginning. She came during a high point for Gucci and Wayne, which also highlights her main issue, she had feature or crew success before personal.

Sex appeal is good enough to get you some random spins while the pop team UPS got her more focus in non urban markets. Nicki before the blow up was rapping with dude's dud could hold her own surprisingly well but she came in the market when punchlines were really in the decline. I think her chase for Mass market blunted alot of her edge and the fact her material is really one note and not as discussed erse compared to the underground emcees that were popping up it kind of leaves her stuck at this point in her career.

Let's look at Jean Grae, who by all means has a better flow, punchline/metaphor setups, and is in tune with different culture types (No matter how you feel about Chun lee, there is a huge sense of Nicki not knowing a damn thing in her references.) Jean has wildly different styles but doesn't have that "bop" and never pushed the sex appeal thing to the forefront. Now we can argue the Justus league and talibs handleing of her under him didn't do much to help propel her to the spotlight (we can go into a lot about 9th wonder and how folks cribbed alot from his collective while he just let everything go with no proper check but this ain't the place) but Nicki had alot in her corner to get her to a spot where she could truely define her sound and a loyal enough fanbase where she could have elevated her shit. Queen should have been her teaming up with the top females above, under or SoundCloud and giving them their push while stating her dominance. Instead she has a tepid feature with foxy and a bunch of shots at Cardi with poor PR and divisive gotcha track with 69 that isn't moving the needle.

She done fam. If we really gonna go there she should started some Pusha T shit with Rapsody. At least then we could gauge her bars with someone more hungry and competitive. No amount of love for Cardi will make me think she can hang with Nicki, period but because they have similar lanes we going there. Now we wait for Remy to see how shit pop if she even release this year, and watch the desperation train as Nicki walks back dissing Joe and maybe(?)get a drama filled phone call.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen a meltdown like this in a hot minute. Nicki is really trying her hardest to double down on everything people don't like about her as is. Time to secure that crown on Cardi's head.

She was never the #1 artist - there was always a bigger one to block her from #1.

Screen_Shot_2018-08-13_at_5.10.14_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-13_at_5.07.29_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2018-08-13_at_5.06.30_PM.png
Didn't this happen to Jay for a chunk of his career too? She might just be the female Jay.

Hate this guy but this is kinda true lol

This cannot be understated. This was one of the biggest Ls in recent memory and if people remember it, that media push from every Kardashian and Kanye was strong as fuck.

Tyga did like 4k or something, didn't he? It was INCREDIBLE. Someone ran the numbers and mentioned that like a fraction of a percent of everyone who promoted it had to have cared to stream it to make up for all those numbers.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not one to normally care about these things anymore, but she has been annoying the shit out of me lately. That Flex interview was insufferable. And now this. What the hell happened to her lol.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Spotify has also responded to her claims of not promoting the album making her look even more foolish.

Oct 25, 2017
She's off it. Her attacking a fan for suggesting she mature a little was a red flag and now this. She's Cardi B without a sense of humor. Nobody is in the mood for her schtick these days.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Spotify has also responded to her claims of not promoting the album making her look even more foolish.

Spotify supported Nicki Minaj with a Times Square billboard, a host of the largest playlists, New Music Friday and the new music release shelf," the rep said. "Her song 'Bed' actually saw an increase based on the promotions put behind the campaign. The company continues to be big fans of Nicki.

She was upset she wasn't treated like Drake probably tbh. But Drake gets special treatment because he's super popular (which makes sense from a business POV)

feyder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spotify supported Nicki Minaj with a Times Square billboard, a host of the largest playlists, New Music Friday and the new music release shelf," the rep said. "Her song 'Bed' actually saw an increase based on the promotions put behind the campaign. The company continues to be big fans of Nicki.

She was upset she wasn't treated like Drake probably tbh. But Drake gets special treatment because he's super popular (which makes sense from a business POV)
Yeah, it's hilarious that she thinks there's some sort of conspiracy because she isn't getting the same level of treatment as DRAKE of all people.

It doesn't matter how much Drake involves himself with Apple Music, he pulls in massive numbers for Spotify. They're always going to give him treatment that no one else, including Nicki, will get.

OP
OP
bye

bye

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Apparently Travis and Kylie just moved their VMA seats from behind Nicki to besides Cardi

Travis Scott and the VMAs are taking musical chairs to a whole new level.

Travis is on the move after originally being seated behind Nicki Minaj ... a decision that raised eyebrows in the wake of Nicki going nuclear over Travis beating her out for the top spot on the Billboard chart.

Sources tell TMZ ... Travis will now sit on the opposite side of the room from Nicki. We're told it's more about avoiding bad optics -- Travis has the top album and shouldn't sit BEHIND the artist with the no. 2 spot -- and not about fear of retaliation or continued beef from Nicki.

http://www.tmz.com/2018/08/20/travi...i-minaj-twitter-feud-astroworld-kylie-jenner/