• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
The dumb shit actually had an even worse harriet Tubman tweet today

Lmao

giphy.gif

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I hate that celebrities keep trotting out this fake Harriet Tubman quote. That quote was made up decades after she died and was used to make slavery sound tolerable - it's literal pro-slavery propaganda.

SMFH
Did she ever relly say "They can't kill me but one time"

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017

She jacked both Kanye's monumental moves towards streaming-only AND his misunderstanding of slavery.

A-Trak weighs in (thread):

A-Trak is that dude.

The thing that saddens me most from this thread is the bottle at sea analogy. Artists literally work for years on these projects and it's out there and it's over with in a few days time. I don't know how we'll ever cope with this much new music all the time. For hip-hop especially, these last two months have been fucking insane. If I was any of these artists, big or small, I would've pushed my shit back to Q4 or Q1.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She did change the game when it comes to streaming numbers, hip hops album sales are actually respectable now thanks to the RIAA system.

Nabs

Oct 26, 2017
She can't even accept an award like a normal person. She just ended her acceptance speech by telling people to tune into her radio show to find out who the cocksucker of the day is.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
She looked a fucking mess on the VMAs. They gave her that trophy to shut her ass up. Her new surgery literally has her looking like a minotaur on the bottom half it really disturbs me. Not even in a "I don't think this is cute" way but like it's scary because it's so unnatural.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
She seems so transparently desperate for attention and validation and hollow on the inside. I wonder what someone like this would do if they reach the point where people stop caring and don't recognize them anymore. She doesn't even sound like a person when she talks half the time. Not sure what kind of mental illness that is or if it's all just an obnoxious act.

Also if she goes any further up her own ass she'll be able to replace her own butt implants.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
That performance was awful. She really has no stage presence at all. My friends are I were just like wtf the whole time.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
She looked a fucking mess on the VMAs. They gave her that trophy to shut her ass up. Her new surgery literally has her looking like a minotaur on the bottom half it really disturbs me. Not even in a "I don't think this is cute" way but like it's scary because it's so unnatural.
I like you and this post.

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
She did change the game when it comes to streaming numbers, hip hops album sales are actually respectable now thanks to the RIAA system.
What did Nicki do? Feels like she's taking credit for a conversation/transition that was happening anyways, that she didn't have an immediate stake in because she hasn't put anything out since 2014.

If we're talking about the merch stuff, that's hardly a game changer, as I don't think anyone has really done this before Travis?

Oct 27, 2017
They always do that. The most egregious being the sorry awards to Britney Spears and trotting russel brand back out another year

Oct 27, 2017
I think Cardi B is around for as long as she wants to be. She is charming, engaging, and self aware enough to make up for her technical issues. People love her, more importantly white people love her
She's charming yeah but she's only around as long as "they" want her to be. She doesn't have the talent to stay around otherwise. If Nicki can barely hold on against the machine, the next young female rapper will mop the floor with Cardi. If Iggy Azalea wasn't such a screw up Cardi wouldn't even exist

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Not at all Chun-Li is a horrible song and the video sucked too. I actually don't even dislike Queen, but that's a horrible song. Her single choices have been really poor. You have LLC and Good Form and you put out Bed and Chun-Li (-_-)
chun li is one of the better songs in the album actually.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno.

Legit, I've never been huge on Nicki but I really enjoy the new album.

I didn't hate the album. I think she has bangers on that album and has yet to release one as a single. I felt the way with Cardi. She had Bickenhead Money bag, and She bad and released Be Careful as a single. :(

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Don't mean it's good. So, Yeah.

Aren't these voted on by fans? How anyone can say " It won" as if a VMA means anything... and ya its incredible that people are caping so hard for someone so utterly narcissistic and so devoid of any warmth whatsoever , she comes off just as phoney and insecure as Taylor Swift.

I just picture someone tripping and falling on a sidewalk in the Bronx , Cardi would help that person up and ask how they were as she tried to get them to laugh , Nicki would glare and keep walking, "How dare you tumble in my presence, on my sidewalk."

enzo_gt

Oct 25, 2017
Twitter is on fire right now. And Travi$ just ended his performance saying Astroworld #1 LOOOOOL