• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 31, 2017
I wonder what he'd do with a Final Fantasy level budget from SE? Let's at least get some nice CGI cutscenes going forward.

Also I hope he is able to revisit Drakengard one day. I still adore the series from a lore standpoint and there are many bridges yet to cross.

Yessss Drakengard 1 and 2 had some phenomenal CGI cutscenes. 3's opening was great, too. A high budget Yoko Taro game with good gameplay would be amazing

Monogatari

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Give this man and Platinum control of Final Fantasy XVI.

They've earned it.

Great interview. Such honesty. Such passion.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm only partway through Route B or Nier: Automata but...the way the game cuts through the pretentiousness of alot of its themes and just goes straight for the jguular, even if its a little rough around the edges, is incredibly endearing. Instantly a GOTY contender for me, and regardless its one of my all time favorites in the same way MGS2 is.

Every Taro interview feels like a gift.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
We're going to get philosophical here. What do you feel is the meaning of life?

So first of all, I have to check whether this interview is going to be written in Japanese, and it's not, so I can tell you. Basically, when I was young and I was in school, I was really, really unpopular with the ladies and it was very hard to get a girl. So I felt at that time that the purpose of my life was to find a girlfriend, and I struggled really hard with that. And when I reached 21 years old, I finally got a girlfriend for the first time, and I thought, "Wow, this is great, I've achieved my life's goal now", so the rest of my life is really just leftover time. I've told this story once before when my wife was around and she got very angry at me and said, "You never tell that to anyone ever again."
too real

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm only partway through Route B or Nier: Automata but...the way the game cuts through the pretentiousness of alot of its themes and just goes straight for the jguular, even if its a little rough around the edges, is incredibly endearing. Instantly a GOTY contender for me, and regardless its one of my all time favorites in the same way MGS2 is.

Every Taro interview feels like a gift.

Only on Route B? Oh man, only continues to get better.

The Pharmercy

Oct 26, 2017
Only on Route B? Oh man, only continues to get better.

Yep, I know. I never got that far in Route A but last week one of my friends said she'd just beaten it and had many good things to say about it so I felt compelled to give it another go...I really should have been writing my thesis - hey i'm 25% through well ahead of time >_> - but I ended up playing it pretty well for 3 or 4 days and...it was late game in Route A that made me think "holy fuck, this game..."

The suicidal robot cult in the factory

And then I started Route B the other day and just tonight I beat the Amusement Park area again and...

The backstory of Simone just made me go 0_o Yoko Taro you madman.

My love of MGS2 is spurred by how bizarre and meta it is and how the thematic elements feel like a trick rarely emulated or repeated in video games...but my love for Automata is similar, but in how matter of fact Taro + P* are about dealing with it. There's no real long winding monologues, and there's lots of wry humor.