• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Remaster. Hide the announcement of next in-universe game in there somewhere.

Official announcement at E3/TGS 2020.

Let's go. đź‘Ź

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I want a Remaster of Nier where they go the Japanese Route and have Old Man Xbox and Young Man PlayStation.

Unsure where PC and/or Switch would land.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I'd buy a remaster of NieR in a heartbeat. I played it on 360 but I stopped after Ending A so...basically I haven't experienced Nier at all technically.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing Nier Replicant actually. (Got retranslated a couple of months ago for anyone who cares btw)

I like it even better than Automata.

I hope they are remaking it !

KNoMfQL.png

v7gcbs3.jpg

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Remake revealed at the world tour (yes please as i'm going to be in London).

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Also if Platinum is making the hypothetical remake, I'll pretend this is Rising 2, two birds one stone ;o

d9feeaacaceb5c032230ba6bd011679f.jpg

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I want a Remaster of Nier where they go the Japanese Route and have Old Man Xbox and Young Man PlayStation.

You could have the Switch transform between the two.

I think the most batshit thing they can do here is Trojan horse NI3R into an original Nier remake. I'd prefer that over a straight remake by Platinum, since I think Automata is less interesting to play, even if it feels better to control.

Chazzhay

Oct 29, 2017

I would love them to include both campaigns, with Gestalt having the English audio and RepliCant having the Japanese audio with an official translation of the subs.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A Nier Replicant remake with a better gameplay and QoL fixes would be gold. Nier Automata's story is fantastic, and still not as good as OG Nier.

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
YES. I'll take a remake or a remaster. Just need a way to play this game again.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
A Nier Replicant remake with a better gameplay and QoL fixes would be gold. Nier Automata's story is fantastic, and still not as good as OG Nier.

I also really enjoy how the world is designed and the amount of npcs and dialogues.

Makes the world feel alive. Yoko had stated this wasn't a pure action game so he felt like this would fit better to have these things and it elevates the game.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Whatever game Taro comes up with I'm there Day 1. Be it a remake, remaster or new game.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I also really enjoy how the world is designed and the amount of npcs and dialogues.

Makes the world feel alive. Yoko had stated this wasn't a pure action game so he felt like this would fit better to have these things and it elevates the game.
Indeed, the world building in Nier is top notch. All the characters, all the notes you find... When you understand everything at the end and everything makes sense it's mindblowing.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Please give us a remake, too many people have been convinced by the internet that the original Nier is a bad game and that only Automata is worth the time. And used copies have got pretty expensive so I can't afford to keep giving out copies to prove otherwise.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Please give us a remake, too many people have been convinced by the internet that the original Nier is a bad game and that only Automata is worth the time. And used copies have got pretty expensive so I can't afford to keep giving out copies to prove otherwise.

I just want a remake so I dont have to play it on PS3. Just put in on modern systems.

Cyborg

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Still need to play Nier: Automata (my first Nier game)
What route should I choose for the first time? What do you guys recommend?

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Still need to play Nier: Automata (my first Nier game)
What route should I choose for the first time? What do you guys recommend?
You don't choose routes like a traditional game, think of each route as a chapter of the story, the credits rolling is not the end of the game but the end of an arc.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Nier 1 is so much better than Automata

100% this. I still have only finished route A on Automata. It just isn't grabbing me like 1.

The world and music and just everything about the first game just. I love it so much. I can't express it. I was over the moon excited having discovered the game so late thinking that it would never get a sequel and then soon after hear it would be. And then...idk. I like Automata. And I really really want to know where the story goes...but man am I bored.

Also hearing how bad the PC port is made me pretty damn annoyed with Squeenix.

I wish Automata wasn't so obsessed with it's boring combat, or at least balanced the story more. That's the most interesting part, and the first game had the decency to keep the story going much more often.