• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Still need to play Nier: Automata (my first Nier game)
What route should I choose for the first time? What do you guys recommend?

Only time routes matter is at the very end of your third half playthrough. Route A takes you through the whole game, Route B recontexualizes the second half, and then you do that basic thing again and then at the end C and D are both variations that you need to unlock all weapons for I believe. Once you are nearing the end of your C playthrough, you can save before the final part, and do the C ending, and then reload your save for the D ending. Just make sure D is after C. Because uh. Reasons.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not sure how much I want them to touch the original Nier. It's a bit clunky but otherwise perfectly playable. A simple remaster should suffice.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I just want this game on current hardware since I sold my PS3 and Xbox 360 ages ago. Sucks that this wasn't included in the XB1 backwards compatibility program.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Would really like a remake of Nier. So many innovative ideas, but the developer was simply not able to produce them well. Working on a ground-up remake would be the best way to bring the original game to the new, much larger post-Automata audience.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Can you explain it to me? So after the credits I need to keep playing and I will experience new things?
Yes, you finish the game and save it. When you load that completed save you will be in another different Route.

In Nier Automata you do this at least two times (one for getting into Route B and another one for Route C/D, after Route C you unlock a Chapter Select option, so you can get to Route D easily). In OG Nier is the same + the need of getting all of the game weapons to unlock the final route. it may sound confusing, but the game is very explicit telling you this, Nier Automata even has a message after the credits telling you this process.

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
The main thing I love about Nier 1 is the story, music and voice acting. I don't see how you can keep the VA as good in a remake tbh cause you can't capture lightning in a bottle twice.

The stuff that's 'bad' about old Nier is the repetitive structure, side quests and combat. Automata really only improved the combat part and even then it wasn't that good. IMO they should just remaster and bring the old game as is to new audiences rather than trying to 'fix' things that don't need fixing.

Then they should make a whole new game. Don't waste time remaking something that's already perfectly wonderful.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Can you explain it to me? So after the credits I need to keep playing and I will experience new things?
Yeah, Patitoloco explained it above so I'll just say one thing - do not give up at route B no matter what. Opinions on it are very mixed, if you need to just speedrun through and ignore all side stuff, but the game ramps up to 12 when you finish that and hit route C/D.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine Yoko Taro rather dies than bring out a remake.

Expecting things like a pen and paper RPG, a new music collection, perhaps a book of some sorts.

Yabberwocky

Oct 27, 2017
This game broke me, and I'll never forgive Yoko Taro for it. neveeeeeeeeeeer

I'll never forget booting up the game for the first time -- the following began to play, with Laura Bailey swearing and screaming over the title cards:

holy_shit_keegan_michael_key.gif

Dont get your hopes up, they already said there isn't gonna be anything big for this event

...2021 it is!

(Seriously, though, that's good to know - I'll be realistic with my expectations, lol.)

danhz

Apr 20, 2018
Nier Gestalt/Replicant remake would be great, an only remaster would not be enjoyable for many people with its control

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I can see a remake being announced.
Hopefully the Drakengard series is revived someday and gets the same treatment...

Oct 30, 2017
Amazing franchise... Automata had the better gameplay and art direction but the Original had one of the best stories and OST of all time.

FrostweaveBandage

Unshakable Resolve
Sep 27, 2019
It would be so weird to see the original remastered with crazy graphics considering the game's graphics were really criticized the first time around. But it would expose it to more fans for sure.

Jun 23, 2019
I would literally cry if they announced a remake of Gestalt/Replicant. Last time I cried was playing Automata and not because the game was good.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
What the hell. Neir came out 10 years ago?! Fuck I feel old.