• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
78388272-9dd4-4dec-b715-7d1f3044afbc.jpg

Store Page: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/n...tion/BPPZVT8BZ15N?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

game.watch.impress.co.jp

「NieR:Automata」、「Xbox Game Pass」の対象タイトルに

スクウェア・エニックスは、「NieR:Automata(ニーア オートマタ)」が4月2日より「Xbox Game Pass」の対象タイトルとなることを明らかにした。

This was apparently announced during the stream. I'm sure we'll get further confirmation later in the day on if it'll be just for Xbox or PC as well. It is kind of interesting though since Gamepass isn't available in Japan yet, despite the announcement being tied to a Japanese Marketed Stream. I'd imagine the recent Yakuza, FF, and now Nier push might be to get the service ready for a Japanese launch (Something MS has said they're trying to do) so it has more games known to appeal to that region.

Update:
In addition, Japan is currently not covered by the "Xbox Game Pass" service, but the service will be launched soon in Japan.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Such good timing. Anyone who's managed to miss this masterpiece until now is in for an absolute treat. GOTG.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
GamePass is THE game changer for the Xbox brand when it comes to Japanese 3rdParty support.
Getting money upfront negates pretty much all the risks and fears these publishers had of putting their games on a (for J-Content) unproven system.

This isnt necessarily the case for SE - but we all know how this works and what kind of message it sends. Yakuza, KH and co. wouldnt be on Xbox without GP.

Lunatic

Oct 27, 2017
If it were on PC gamepass. Not sure FAR mod would work with it. You probably won't want to play the borked PC port without it.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Played it day one but this is such a good get for the service. Seems like I'm gonna replay it 😏

edit: woops forgot the gif

KQTWbK0.gif

Last edited:

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit, amazing. I completely missed this one too. Getting added to my download list soon as it launches on the service.

Genio88

Banned
Jun 4, 2018
It can't be on PC GamePass cause only Windows Store games are in there and i don't think there is a Windows Store version of Nier Automata, only a Steam one and it's not even that good from what i've heard

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
Play this masterpiece. Don't listen to the lies above, the PC version is great.

Aru

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the PC port is bad and somehow the FAR mod made it worse for me, so I played without it.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Very nice! Bought it a while ago. One X-version is the best version.

GhostTrick

Oct 25, 2017
You probably don't want to play this game without the FAR mod, and you can't mod Game Pass games because they install into a locked folder. We have an "original Dark Souls port" situation here.

Not really.

I feel like people are way hyperbolic with the Automata OG port.

First of all, the crash issues:
- Those were related to GPU drivers. FAR doesn't fix any of those.

What FAR does though is mitigate framerate issues... Which are a problem in every versions of the game.
And also another issue the port has: Resolution support is borked in exclusive fullscreen. In borderless though, it has no issues. The MSAA (which is absent in every other version) is broken, so use the post process AA.

As for the rest, those are issues inherent to the game, not the port.

Oct 28, 2019
Glad I didn't buy this again on Xbox. I believed the dream and hoped for my next Bayonetta but was let down. Maybe I'll try again because the base PS4 version was looking rough the last time I played it.

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
It can't be on PC GamePass cause only Windows Store games are in there and i don't think there is a Windows Store version of Nier Automata, only a Steam one and it's not even that good from what i've heard

They could just add it to the Windows Store when it goes on Game Pass. A lot of games are showing up in Windows Store like that. For eg. Mother Russia Bleeds shows a Store release date of 5th March 2020, which is when it got added to Game Pass. It's been on Steam since 2016, meanwhile.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Bought this last year and have yet to get round to playing it...

This is why I've stopped buying games.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
You probably don't want to play this game without the FAR mod, and you can't mod Game Pass games because they install into a locked folder. We have an "original Dark Souls port" situation here.
I have played through the game on PC without any mods and still loved it. So if your choice is between not playing the game at all and playing the vanilla PC version i would still recommend it because it is that awesome of a game, even with the issues the PC port has.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
GamePass for Japan should be very low priced. I wonder if it picks up and is seen to be popular will Sony change the model for Now

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
gamepass japan lineup

nier automata
max and the curse of the brotherhood
kalimba

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
GamePass for Japan should be very low priced. I wonder if it picks up and is seen to be popular will Sony change the model for Now

nah. The number of xbox owners in japan is small so any popularity would be muted.
I think the biggest gain from Gamepass in Japan will be more Japanese games coming to Xbox.

Deleted member 5028

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
nah. The number of xbox owners in japan is small so any popularity would be muted.
I think the biggest gain from Gamepass in Japan will be more Japanese games coming to Xbox.
Given a lower cost of entry, seeing Japanese games in a sub might be something that drives a small modest increase in sales

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Nice, I liked the first one when I played it (can't believe it was ten years ago!)

Majukun

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i would love to get it on the pc one so much, but considering the type of game, the chances are close to none.

roly82

Apr 2, 2019
No interest on it but I will download it to support japanese games like I did with Yakuza.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Everyone must play NieR: Automata :)

If they tie in (mobile) xCloud support in Japan early, I can see this service as a chance for Xbox to at least gain some traction back in this difficult market. xCloud and Game Pass are supposed to be integrated, so there is a chance for that in the future.

Also makes me positive that we will see the next Yakuza and Final Fantasy games on Xbox Game Pass soon.

Nov 2, 2017
Not really.

I feel like people are way hyperbolic with the Automata OG port.

First of all, the crash issues:
- Those were related to GPU drivers. FAR doesn't fix any of those.

What FAR does though is mitigate framerate issues... Which are a problem in every versions of the game.
And also another issue the port has: Resolution support is borked in exclusive fullscreen. In borderless though, it has no issues. The MSAA (which is absent in every other version) is broken, so use the post process AA.

As for the rest, those are issues inherent to the game, not the port.
You forgot about the cutscene stuttering which the mod fixes. I don't think it's present in the PS4 version.