• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Koeta

Dec 12, 2017
this is so sad it's funny, game sells tons on pc even being a broken port, they can't be bothered to patch it, randomly comes to gamepass patched and still no word on a steam fix.

Pasha

Banned
Jan 27, 2018
Looks like all that preemptive crying about no mods for the MS Store version of Nier was all for nothing.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
They're gonna update the Steam version, right???

screenshot_2021-03-18c4kx6.png

outlooknotsogood.jpg

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
i dont think square will fix the steam one, they're more likely to sell the new version with the xbox addons as a separate game lol

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like all that preemptive crying about no mods for the MS Store version of Nier was all for nothing.
I can't blame people for being concerned about it. There was no reason to believe the Windows Store version of the game would be any different than the Steam release, especially considering it's a game from Square Enix's Japanese side.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I can't blame people for being concerned about it. There was no reason to believe the Windows Store version of the game would be any different than the Steam release, especially considering it's a game from Square Enix's Japanese side.
I mean, they literally said "BECOME AS GODS EDITION"

It's a bunch of people that can't read.

Steam/PS4 is "Game of the YoRHa Edition"

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if MS paid for SE to port Automata to Xbox in the first place? If so, it would make a lot of sense for the PC Game Pass version to be that BECOME AS GODS EDITION and not what they did previously on Steam.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
If it's the become as gods edition and a legit new port, I wonder if it's running in DX12 now then

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just started playing the Steam version though. Paid 20 quid for it so I could play it on Steam. I hope they update it.

LuigiV

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Perth, Australia
Not that I recall. I've always maintained a decent PC, was this only an issue with mid-ranger or lower specs?
Hmm maybe you were just lucky but it has nothing to do with specs, the stuttering is completely arbitrary (my PC is certainly no slouch and nothing I've tried has fixed it). The DF video does a good job demonstrating the issue.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. The game of the decade didn't deserve such a shitty port.

I assume you can buy it on the Microsoft store too, right?
Of course

Buy NieR:Automata BECOME AS GODS Edition | Xbox

Invaders from another world attack without warning - unleashing the machine lifeforms. To break the deadlock, a new breed of android infantry is sent into the fray: the YoRHa squad. Highly-acclaimed and award winning NieR:Automata™ is a fresh take on the action role-playing game (RPG) genre that...

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Do we know if MS paid for SE to port Automata to Xbox in the first place? If so, it would make a lot of sense for the PC Game Pass version to be that BECOME AS GODS EDITION and not what they did previously on Steam.

They probably did. It's the same case with the FF stuff on PC. All have Xbox Achievements (FF9 even has Play Anywhere).

I won't be surprised if FF13 Trilogy arrives on PC Gamepass in a similar fashion where the PC versions are better ports than what's on Steam lol.

DPB

Nov 1, 2017
What was "broken" about the Steam release? I played it (albeit a year or so after it came out) and don't recall any glaring issues.

Unless you use the FAR mod then it isn't displaying the correct resolution in full screen mode. From PCGamingWiki:

The game requests the current desktop resolution of Windows as stretched to output the rendered framebuffer to. Since the desktop resolution is usually set to the native resolution of the monitor and the native resolution is not and can not be stretched, it instead picks the closest available resolution that can be stretched; scaling the image up or down in the process, usually to a different aspect ratio as well. The GPU/monitor will then either show the outputted image with black borders around it (scaling disabled) or upscale the image back to the native resolution (scaling enabled) causing additional scaling artifacts in the final image.

For example, 1080p displays at 1680x1050, which isn't 16:9.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, they literally said "BECOME AS GODS EDITION"

It's a bunch of people that can't read.

Steam/PS4 is "Game of the YoRHa Edition"
There still wasn't anything to indicate that it would functionally be any different than the Steam version. The Game of the Yorha and Become As Gods editions have the same content (minus the Valve accessories in the BAG version), so I can't blame people for thinking they'd just take the existing PC port and change the title.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
FUNNY!

But complaints about the PC version are way overblown. FAR mod fixed everything. It ran like a dream on my creaky old machine.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
There still wasn't anything to indicate that it would functionally be any different than the Steam version. The Game of the Yorha and Become As Gods editions have the same content (minus the Valve accessories in the BAG version), so I can't blame people for thinking they'd just take the existing PC port and change the title.
Xbox version had improvements over the PS4 version, especially in frame pacing and framerate in open areas.

And that was with a 1920x2160p framebuffer, while the Pro chugged at 1080p due to the code :(

www.eurogamer.net

Nier Automata's surprise Xbox One port tested

A welcome announcement at Microsoft's E3 2018 media briefing, Nier Automata is receiving a long-overdue port onto Xbox …

Bill Gaitas

Oct 25, 2017
Did a longer session, no stutters on my RX 580, framerate however seems to be locked at 60 regardless of V-Sync setting. GPU utilization hovering around 50 to 65%. Xbox Game Bar shows 59fps, don't know whats up with that, maybe it's locked to 59 lol

bbCTEbV.png

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
it's more about needing the mod
We're playing on PCs here. We can download mods. It takes all of a couple minutes to get it setup. If you are one of these fabled "I just want to put the disc in in plaaaaaaaaaay" types then Nier: Automata on PC is a good example of the Console Difference. Everyone who reads this forum knows the basics of sussing out why a game isn't running right on their computer, and the FAR mod fix for Nier is as braindead as those fixes come. Then it runs great! High resolution, sharp textures, perfect framerate.

I am the first person to cut bait on shitty ports and games that don't work. Life is too short. Nier: Automata on PC is not in that category.

Akash

Oct 27, 2017
So I could buy this on Microsoft Store and have access to this version on PC? Or is it some sort of gamepass exlusive?

ThatNerdGUI

Prophet of Truth
Mar 19, 2020
Maybe MS did the port? I don't know but so far it's been flawless and UW works without issues LOL
So I could buy this on Microsoft Store and have access to this version on PC? Or is it some sort of gamepass exlusive?
edit
only issue is that it's locked at 60fps
You can, it's $40.

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
You can buy the game outright on the Windows Store as well, it's just included in Game Pass if you don't want to. Either way, you get access to this version.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This doesn't automatically become the best version on PC. For those who don't bother with FAR, perhaps, but generally you'll want a modded version if you want the best experience. But we'll need more info on how many things they've fixed in this new version. Does it run in native resolution now? Did they fix the 60fps cap? How about ultrawide? Did they improve the jarringly low textures in the game?

5-1546869227-1999176390.jpeg

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Quantum Break got dx11 option for the steam release, win store is dx12 only, remedy had more experience with dx11 at the time so dx11 ended up running much better than 12
Yea there we go. Think there were some vulkan improvements too that weren't in the WS version either. Still salty about that