• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
I'll try to read more through other players today, because I don't like the idea of spending another day focussing only on Dr Monkey, but I'm adamant that she needs to be flipped; will not be changing my vote.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
When did Neki reveal being used Before it after Stan?

Mafia can easily Just lie about the ability being used on them For Town Cred

This is not sn automatic clear to me.
I assume that was meant to be "before or after".

Neki was #3,383
Not sure how relevant this is but I was targeted by someone last night that forced me to either target Maol or be role blocked for the entire night so I ended up being role blocked for the entire night. There is a lot of role blockers in this game by the sounds of it.
Stan was #3,418
N1: i was "ordered" in red text to protect HP, i could refuse but would then be roleblocked. I protected HP and he was not a machine.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
Why did you feel that yesterday was a bad day for this but today is a good one?
If Monkey is scum she is Even Scum meaning She would not kill anyone Last Night if we left her alive.

Monkey is an active player putting Down many reads and playing Hard I want Her to Live as long as possible to get down as much as possible for us to go back through later.

Tonight however theres a chance to shut the door on Even Mafia before there next Night Kill making the timing more Ideal

Maolfunction

Oct 27, 2017
I think Stan's claim plus how how he's behaved in general this game means we can safely clear him. With his claim, looking back at his posts you can see the consistent behavior that a role like his would indicate. I think he's telling the truth and absolutely think he believes his stances here today. This doesn't feel like a gambit to me, he's consistently advocated for Monkey ever since her claim. That's a townie thing to do.

jman1954goat

Linked the Fire
May 9, 2020
I'll try to read more through other players today, because I don't like the idea of spending another day focussing only on Dr Monkey
As someone who's Major reason Voting for you is wanting To Turbo the day and Wanting the rest of Town to not even Think about anything else.

What made you change your mind?

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
As someone who's Major reason Voting for you is wanting To Turbo the day and Wanting the rest of Town to not even Think about anything else.

What made you change your mind?

I said before it was stan's claim -- I think people need to work through it.

The nature of a turbo is that it can only happen if a majority of players vote that way, so my putting my opinion out there was just that -- my opinion.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
It's not actually that many killing roles, given that the working theory is that the scum teams have their powers split over multiple nights. With that restriction it's essentially the same as one large scum team with a nightly kill, except that they don't coordinate with each other. But overall I don't want to solve based on game balance, because there's just too much we don't know.

Except there are a lot of killing roles? Game setup has an SK along with some scum team makeup. That's two kills a night there. Add in a vig shot and yes that is a pretty decent amount killing potential each night. There is not solving based on game balance and then just totally not considering balance which is what you are doing.

This is the big sticking point for me. I don't think Maol could be lying to frame Monkey, since wouldn't he just say that he saw her visit Sawneeks? He couldn't have predicted how the discussion turned out. So seeing her visit herself and a dead townie, which is is not accounted for by her claim, is close to a red check for me.

So do you think Random's flip was tailored? Because based on his flip I don't know how Monkey does what you are saying she did. From his flip Even Team had a 1 shot strongman and 1 shot ninja, he was the strong which means there is a ninja out there. Random had no other abilities listed for himself. So on a two person team, based on Random's flip, Monkey would have only had the ninja and no means of protection. On a 3 person team Monkey could have healed herself to tank HP's kill but why would that 3rd person not take the presumed ninja kill?

It's really not about picking out the words you used, it's not about your phrasing of "perfect" or "mirror." I understand what you're saying, I just have an actual substantive disagreement with it. I don't think that your role existing means that Monkey's claim has to be real or that she has to be town.

I don't think mafia had fully developed fake claims. I think either Monkey is a scum doctor -- there's precedent for that in multiball, see Fantasy Star-- or she developed the fake claim, based on scum roles existing that target only machines or only androids.

Fantasy isn't really a good example. I mostly did that to give the scum teams a sense that there was a powerful town.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I mean, we don't have to try and solve by the design, Monkey. You visited Sneeks the night she died. That has to be resolved, you know this, we can't just leave it alone all game for scum to use against town in MELO. Even if you are town, that has to be resolved. If you're actually town, you're walking bait. It's better to resolve it now while town is up.

She knows this. She just shit flinging in hopes town doesnt let's her skate.........again. You can't have some questioable stuff like what has transpired and still follow her blindly.

Hawthorn

Jul 16, 2020
It's very clear from Random's flip that the ninja kill is a factional ability, similar to the night kill, while Random's stong kill is a personal ability-- the other(s) on his team would have personal abilities we don't know about yet.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe Maol was the counter wagon to Chuggs last day. I don't particularly town read him but of all the other options? Reeks of scum protection.
That was my thinking as well at the time, but chuggs was town and the only real target when that pushed happened right?
The loudest voices were on Chuggs and his only real defender was Sorian who was a claimed neutral scum reading everyone. I'm actually more surprised there was a counter wagon after what happened D1.
This mainly got followed up with talk of Sneeks being Chuggs' main defender not Sorian, but I'm setting that aside.
I'm interested in what you were actually saying about the Chuggs and Maol wagons in the first place because I'm an idiot who needs explanations instead of implications. What were you seeing there?

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
It's very clear from Random's flip that the ninja kill is a factional ability, similar to the night kill, while Random's stong kill is a personal ability-- the other(s) on his team would have personal abilities we don't know about yet.

Sigh. I was about to argue with you again, went back and read the PM to get ammo and:

"You can not use the factional ninja shot the same night the factional kill is used."

I don't know how many times I have read that PM and that part didn't register.

So yeah I need to step back and recalibrate a bit because something I was crystal clear about in my mind was incorrect.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Design can inform. Stop trying to solve on what you can't see and can't guess. It is a trap. And you know what else? Let's call it busywork, as Zeke likes to throw around. Why not? He's not actually engaging with anything real. He's just yelling at clouds and trying to figure out a PM gotcha. Looks like busywork to me.
I havent even mentioned the PM stuff at all again. More deflection
My challenge to the people who are so insistent on flipping me today is to engage me on my play, not on the role situation, at least once. I jumped into the thread as a replacement, started working, fucked up, came back, started again, fought off all and worked hard to actually solve yesterday. There's plenty to work with. If I'm so scummy, you should be able to find it.

Like this is nothing. Reads like you want ppl to sympathize with you.

Again Moal's tracking results need to be resolved.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Design can inform. Stop trying to solve on what you can't see and can't guess. It is a trap. And you know what else? Let's call it busywork, as Zeke likes to throw around. Why not? He's not actually engaging with anything real. He's just yelling at clouds and trying to figure out a PM gotcha. Looks like busywork to me.
Mighty convenient you come to this conclusion after you spent a large part of last day phase making it seem like Sorian's death was to screw you over and HP's shot was redirected.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's the most notifications I've ever had in a game so clearly there's some things waiting for me to answer.
Mighty convenient you come to this conclusion after you spent a large part of last day phase making it seem like Sorian's death was to screw you over and HP's shot was redirected.
Since this is the last post and I can see it right there -
Sure. I raised the point. I did think it was important. There was no great reason to target Sorian.
But when it turned out there wasn't anything there that was useful, I moved on. That's the difference. I didn't know the answer and couldn't answer it. Doesn't mean I didn't wonder. Doesn't mean it didn't feel targeted. But I couldn't answer, so I moved on & looked elsewhere in order to solve. There are a lot of things I can't answer. I'm not going to flip everyone just to get answers. My wincon isn't figure out what happened n2. At some point, you have to look at the mechanics on the table, and at the holes, and determine if you can actually see anything or if you're just throwing darts.

You're throwing darts.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

Dr. Monkey (3 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #3,353
Hawthorn - #3,354
EvilChameleon - #3,391 #3,443
Maolfunction - #3,413

Hawthorn (2 votes)
jman1954goat - #3,434 #3,447
jman1954goat - #3,459
Stantastic - #3,531

EzekelRAGE (0 votes)
jman1954goat - #3,447 #3,459

Not voting: CheshireCat, EvilChameleon, Neki, NeonBorealis, MrHedin, Ephidel, Lone_Prodigy, Dr. Monkey

Post Counts:
jman1954goat: 50 EzekelRAGE: 37 Maolfunction: 32 Stantastic: 31 Hawthorn: 28 EvilChameleon: 24 NeonBorealis: 22 Dr. Monkey: 18 MrHedin: 9 Lone_Prodigy: 9 Neki: 6 Ephidel: 3 CheshireCat: 2

Current Countdown:
s7ecbsxpf2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

CheshireCat

Feb 6, 2021
People seem weirdly unintersted that someone vistied me considering we are trying to figure out flavors right now? Hedin and neon we scum lean reading me yesterday, and I was scum reading hedin and haw. Take a look-

ok - some people would like to here more from me. This is quick and dirty

People I read as Town:
HP
Ephi
Zeke
Neki

Maybe
EC
Maol
Monkey
Neon
jman
LP

Scum lean
Hedin
haw

stan?

ON monkey- if monkey brought up sorian so much to try to start a train on me it failed lol. And if i was the person who killed Sorian after being the only one to bring up my bad vibes on Sorian MULTIPLE TIMES I'd have to be the worst person ever at this game. But if she killed sorian as a way to get town to kill me today, then i would have expected more of a bus in my direction. Honestly this Monkey vote is messing with my pride. I want her to be town, because I don't want to be wrong about everything. In Hawthorns case for Monkey being Evenscum, she would need to have like 3 abilities she can use at the same time to make it all happen! It seems so unlikely, so she would have to be odd scum, and have a team mate who could do it.

This c4 started very fast, who knew Jman was gonna be our next fearless leader.

C4 is someone I had town read yesterday. But these long quotes people are posting of their reads do lay out a case. I'm going to park my vote there for now. If Monkey is town, losing her would suck. And I just don't think she is foolish enough to have killed Town chuggs on purpose by claiming to know beyond any doubt. If monkey flips town and did not shoot Sorian what do we learn from the flip?

At this point I trust Maol more than I trust C4. I think he is a tracker. I think he saw monkey do those things. Or at least he was TOLD that.

Anyone wanna claim that Sorian kill? You can just whipser to me?

vote: c4e5g3d5

This was bascially the only big reads list I posted yesterday. And then I woke up today to a pm saying I was GIVEN AN ITEM - and therefore LOST MY ABILITY TO VOTE?
So who gains by not having me put down a late vote?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I think that's the most notifications I've ever had in a game so clearly there's some things waiting for me to answer.

Since this is the last post and I can see it right there -
Sure. I raised the point. I did think it was important. There was no great reason to target Sorian.
But when it turned out there wasn't anything there that was useful, I moved on. That's the difference. I didn't know the answer and couldn't answer it. Doesn't mean I didn't wonder. Doesn't mean it didn't feel targeted. But I couldn't answer, so I moved on & looked elsewhere in order to solve. There are a lot of things I can't answer. I'm not going to flip everyone just to get answers. My wincon isn't figure out what happened n2. At some point, you have to look at the mechanics on the table, and at the holes, and determine if you can actually see anything or if you're just throwing darts.

You're throwing darts.
No, you didnt move on. You threw a lot of shit about the Sorian stuff. And you carried the Sorian stuff into the later parts of the last day phase
Nah, not really. No, I don't think a scum team targeted Sorian for night kill. That's true. I do think HP's kill was redirected and I wonder if it wasn't redirected to Sorian for meme or meta reasons. Because as you yourself say, we got confirmation from Chuggs that Sorian's power was what it was. So... why just kill him?

I'm not "scrambling." I DO think it's an important piece of the puzzle.

Why do you have to work on a claim post?
And for the last time, Sorian DOES matter. Because either HP is lying, or someone - unclaimed, so scum - redirected his shot and probably into Sorian. Why?

Because it leaves me alive for this moment right here. Even if we didn't have Maol's track, I'd have claimed the visit to Sneeks. Again, I was already in that process. So someone wanted me alive to take the hit today or at least to have to answer for being alive - because no one is going to cover my ass last night. Willfully ignoring that and actively trying to block it does not help us figure out what happened. My death doesn't either. (It wouldn't be an empty death because it does give you info about today, but it doesn't solve that, and the situation doesn't actually point to me being scum, either.)

You arguing about it 7-8 hours before eod.

Tracked to a dead person and tracked to yourself on the same night HP shot you.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
The mind control thing seems to be a soft clear for the people involved. I highly doubt it's a town power and it would be too risky to have the mind control target use their action on scum.

If that clears Stan and Neki, that leaves Hawthorn as the only unknown on anex D1.

I think that there are more machines than androids as Chuggs was a vanilla machine, and Ephi and Zeke have claimed to have a similar flavour name. So Stan's claim makes sense. It also complements Monkey's.

Role and design spec aside, I still think Monkey is scum here. But looking at the bigger picture, I can see her claimed role fitting in. And if I also consider the above info on Hawthorn, then flipping her could explain her dogged pursuit of Monkey (to a degree, both could be scum).
Treating it as a soft clear on either Stan/Neki or Maol is something I can't actually follow the logic on.

If you're assuming it's a scum power (it's been used to influence N1 and N3 targets that we know of, I'll grant that the implication is there but that's not certain) then all The User would have known when picking targets was that Stan/Neki weren't on their team, not that they weren't on a team, and the same goes for Maol as a target.
(It also wouldn't stop Neki and Maol being teamed as he refused to follow the order, though that's not actually an option I'm considering at the moment).

I also don't like the idea of trying to solve based on who is left on the runaway train.
Yes at first glance being amongst everyone else on a large train seems like a nice place for them, but I've seen people analyse a train like that before and whittle down the remainders when there wasn't actually anyone else there to find.
An equal number of people were off wagon. Jman/Me/Zeke were all sitting on you that day, Shirou and Neon were on Hawthorn, Cheshire was on Sorian, Sparks was on Shirou, EC was on Maol, and You didn't vote.

CheshireCat

Feb 6, 2021
I have purposely not said more so that we can confirm if people had. If anyone else lost the ability to vote b/c they were given something, what were you given?

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
People seem weirdly unintersted that someone vistied me
I expressed interest!

And then I woke up today to a pm saying I was GIVEN AN ITEM - and therefore LOST MY ABILITY TO VOTE?
Not sure how best to approach this though, let's try this.

Does it just last today?
Or is the item an actual thing and you're blocked for as long as you have it?

Has anyone else Been given an Item or Lost Voting Privileges?
Not that have declared it.

I have purposely not said more so that we can confirm if people had. If anyone else lost the ability to vote b/c they were given something, what were you given?
Pretty sure the only person who didn't vote on D2 was HP and I feel like he'd have said. Everyone voted yesterday.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Catch up posts. If some of this is outdated by now, sorry.
This part does not track Ninja Kill is a faction ability I see no reason why both could not be used.

Everything else seems plausible.

I am buying into the Tiny scum teams theory now that I have seen multiple Neutrals.
Yep. The ninja action is specifically labeled as a factional modifier, which should mean it can be used anytime the factional kill is - but that's just based on the wording. That's how it reads. But that's an unusual modifier so I'm hesitant to state firmly either way. That's just how I read it.

Honestly, I feel like it was only C4 because I wasnt a good option.
I'm not allowed to say I felt like Sorian's death was meaningful, but it's fine if Zeke gets conspiratorial, I guess.

Have you noticed I'm STILL not voting you? I can find this annoying without transferring it to an automatic scum read. You're in full BEC mode, but I still don't know where to put you.

I think it was a great result, so I can't say I regret that it happened that way, but I think it makes it all the more important to vote Monkey out today. Let's say I don't think votes for c4 were a mistake, but I think hesitation on voting out Dr M was a mistake.
If y'all turboed me mid-phase yesterday, do you think you'd get c4 today? Real question. Not hypothetical. People were on him but there didn't seem to be a lot of focus there.

Ironic that so much time was spent on finding who's teamed with scum and we end up eliminating scum...but not teamed.
Once again, starting with one method doesn't mean that's the only method. I really don't understand why everyone is so up my ass about my approach when... it worked?

You not liking it isn't your win condition, either.

I'm gonna be a dick with this post but honestly, I think it deserves a touch of dickery.
These are the FACTS.
HP the flipped townie shot Monkey. Monkey didn't die. The shot instead went to Neeks, who monkey just so happened to visit that same night.
Monkey has been trying to link the Sorian stuff to her to just distract from the fuckery of the tracking results.
fact /fakt/
noun
  1. a thing that is known or proved to be true.
1. HP is a flipped townie.
2. HP shot Monkey.
3. The shot went to Sneeks.
4. Monkey visited Sneeks.
5. Monkey has been trying to link the Sorian stuff to her.
6. Just to distract from the fuckery of the tracking results.
This is six statement. I would call this 2.5 facts and a lot of speculation.
HP is in fact a flipped townie, per his PM. Actual fact.
I did visit Sneeks. I confirmed this and Maol also got the result. We can consider that something known, though it's not proven.
I did float the idea of a Sorian connection.

The rest is speculation. Putting a word in capital letters doesn't mean what you're about to say is more true.

Monkey DOESNT want us to look at the situation involving her/Neeks/Maol
Nonsense. I spent loads of time talking about it today. I do not see the point of repeating myself. You, however, can do whatever floats your boat.

So there are missing kills.

Why does that matter? That obviously means there is a real protection role somewhere else, so leave it alone.
We only speculate about what happened when Zeke wants to, guys.
Sorian didn't die N1, that implies c4 was blocked, hence my result
No, that should mean you were blocked - c4 blocked/not moving should be "your target did not move" or similar. You blocked = no result.

SHOULD. Doesn't mean that's what happened here, but SHOULD. Mostly gamerunners use consistent language on results. You can probably clarify this with LoVe, even. They probably won't offer more info but will tell you if the result was misworded or not.

I mean not really. Scum has already had this exact conversation in scum chat We are not feeding them Some Grand revelation.
thank you. yes. Scum is more likely to see the breadcrumbs and hints even than anyone else and of course in multiball they're talking about this stuff.

All obstructive or offensive scum powers that we know of (i.e. Randomness's powers) are only able to be used on Even nights. Thus, it would make sense that a roleblock on night 1 could come from OddMafia.

You can't establish a pattern on the sample size of 1 LoL

I know, I was just trying to explain the rationale behind that assumption.
...this is probably a sign that you should not make the assumption. jman is right.

What Neon said, Random's flip made it look like each mafia can only use personal + factional powers on their respective nights. I guess you're right that we should question that assumption though.
Unless you know the other scum powers, yeah, you cannot make this assumption. seriously. y'all. stop it.

How many times? How many times have we made assumptions on mechanics like this and had it burn us? ffs
This overreliance on roles and design assumption makes me crave a more normal game.

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
I was given a tracker scanner on N2, but I didn't loose my ability to vote.

Btw. Today is proving to be crazy. I can't promise to be present for the day, but I'll try to read snd respond tonight, if possible.

CheshireCat

Feb 6, 2021
is there someone that can give items without knowing what they are? is that a thing? Or is it more likely that this is someones one shot? That just doesnt seem to make sense. I haven't had time to make any tunnels?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Seriously, this is largely outside of game and most of you will ignore me anyway but I gotta say this. I want all of y'all who speculate on mechanics to volunteer for modchat and gamewatching or reviewing if you haven't. Our games are not professional. They are not consistent. They are messy. There are SO MANY GAMES where this has bit us in the ass. TMBG was one. Was it LB3 when forever we assumed that one team was town when they were messengers? etc. etc. etc. etc. Misread wording, inconsistencies in PMs, role names, all that - it happens all the time and y'all do not learn.

It is incredibly frustrating to put the time and effort I do into this game only to see it ignored because someone decided to make an assumption about game design that is based on absolutely nothing, and it's worse because everyone does it regardless of alignment and it helps no one and only harms.

We go through mechanics to see if we can figure things out but we have to stop making assumptions based on some kind of consistency that doesn't always exist and based on assumptions that don't bear out.

Again, if someone absolutely feels they must resolve me visiting Sneeks: I get that. I don't like it, but I get it.

What I deeply dislike is people throwing around their guesses and assumptions as "facts." Mathematically, I do not think you can all be scum, so friggen stop it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
is there someone that can give items without knowing what they are? is that a thing? Or is it more likely that this is someones one shot? That just doesnt seem to make sense. I haven't had time to make any tunnels?
fruit vendors give "items" without knowing what they are

we have had item givers before with a bank of items or mystery boxes. not unpossible. but there's more to this conversation I want to read and now I have to leave and go do child pickup. I'll be back after dinner.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Like this is nothing. Reads like you want ppl to sympathize with you.
also, this?

I am a human person with human person feelings. Hell yes I'm mad at this dumb tunnel. Hell yes I would like to actually be judged on my play and not "we don't know so gotta flip you I guess!"

Idk, if I was on the other side, I'd probably be right there thinking yep, we gotta clear obstacles. Y'all, I get that. But I'm the obstacle and I see what I'm doing to work through this and comparing it to some of the hand-sitting I'm seeing and yes. It's frustrating as hell. I'm not going to stop being a person just because I'm involved in a puzzle game. You don't ever see to care about anything. Good for you. That must be convenient. Would love to turn feelings off. Sadly, can't.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Will not being moving my vote.

For those who are still on the fence about Monkey:
Do you not believe Maol? If you do you have to question why should would visit herself and Sneeks.
What do you think happened to HP's shot? Seemed obvious he would Shoot Monkey. So makes sense she would protect herself. Let's look at her initial the day after Neeks/Sorian death.
Why didn't Monkey protect the claimed Vig over Neeks on Night 2?

Monkey has said multiple times that she planned on saying she visited Neeks EVEN BEFORE Maol's results But why though? You are our only doctor and you have more shots left. Why do a full claim because your protection failed?
I also have information that may or may not matter. I would like to hear from HP first at least re: the shot but that may not matter either.

No, maybe more accurate to say: I am pretty sure it matters, at least regarding the game structure, but I want to hear from HP first.

This reads to me like she is waiting to see what HP says to see how to play off things. Was probably planning to say she was targeted last night as well. Maol's track ruined that.

Why didnt Monkey protect HP N2? HP claimed Day 2.
Hey fuck it I'm not arsed on sticking in this game long term.

I've been intentionally acting abrasively to see how people acted.

I'm a night vig and I wanna hear from EVERYONE why I shouldn't choose to shoot you in the fuckin face.

Obviously this is gonna make me a prime switch/block/kill target tonight so if anybody has a tracking or movement detection ability I suggest you take a look in on me tonight lol.

Monkey's reasoning for protecting Neeks
So that night, rather than using the factional ninja shot everyone seems to be ignoring, I saunter boldly over and kill Sawneeks, without a single care that I am the person most likely to be tracked and she is the person (at least in my estimation, since I tried to protect her) most likely to need protection.
Neeks didnt make a claim at all(iirc), and from skimming through Monkey's posts that day Monkey didnt townread neeks(more nullish).
Why wouldnt Monkey protect the claimed vig?

I'm gonna cross off HP for my own sanity, because I think puppetry or direction is probably more likely than gambit here (oh! Flavor people: is that a potential, maybe? a takeover? with machines and androids here?). Which leaves:
Question, with the Stan/Neki thing revealed now. Was looking through Monkey's posts, is this the first mention of the puppetry thing?

NeonBorealis

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Jan 10, 2018
So you can track people like Maol?
Who did you Track night 3?

It was a oneshot track.

I tracked Neki since she was one of the players I had the least info about (honestly, it was between you and Neki at the end, had to do a Coinflip). The results said that she didn't move, which didn't tell me anything at first, but makes me feel more confident about her claim of being roleblocked.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
also, this?

I am a human person with human person feelings. Hell yes I'm mad at this dumb tunnel. Hell yes I would like to actually be judged on my play and not "we don't know so gotta flip you I guess!"

Idk, if I was on the other side, I'd probably be right there thinking yep, we gotta clear obstacles. Y'all, I get that. But I'm the obstacle and I see what I'm doing to work through this and comparing it to some of the hand-sitting I'm seeing and yes. It's frustrating as hell. I'm not going to stop being a person just because I'm involved in a puzzle game. You don't ever see to care about anything. Good for you. That must be convenient. Would love to turn feelings off. Sadly, can't.
I'm saying all that has nothing to do with anything.

Everyone has replaced into a game.
Everyone has been wrong as hell.
Everyone feels like shit when they are wrong.
Everyone has been frustrated playing a game of Mafia.

All the above should not play a role in whether someone scumreads you or not.

That read to me like you wanted ppl to feel sorry so they wouldnt vote for you. You know we have ppl in this community that see responses like that and think "ahh only a town would make a post like that". I wasnt saying be a robot with no emotions. If I read that wrong then I'm sorry.

Ephidel

Oct 25, 2017
It was a oneshot track.

I tracked Neki since she was one of the players I had the least info about (honestly, it was between you and Neki at the end, had to do a Coinflip). The results said that she didn't move, which didn't tell me anything at first, but makes me feel more confident about her claim of being roleblocked.
For future posts, Neki's pronoun is he.
Question, with the Stan/Neki thing revealed now. Was looking through Monkey's posts, is this the first mention of the puppetry thing?
... I don't know, but I am now curious
590133034007658506.png

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
For future posts, Neki's pronoun is he.
... I don't know, but I am now curious
590133034007658506.png
only other thing I found was
You were informed that you had to be puppeted/redirected or be roleblocked? If you confirmed this already I'll get there, no need to re-answer. I'll catch up tomorrow.
Still searching though.
Well now I have no choice but to read deeply into that "wrong thread" post.
key-and-peele-porn.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
And what do we get? An incomplete reads list. You pick one town read (Cheshire) and try to link her to Sorian and me and give a bunch of others a pass. You don't even finish reading me or Hawthorn despite the latter focusing on you all day. You don't even get to Neon. Don't you look at your reads and think "Hmm I should spend some time on this blind spot"?

I'm not telling you what to do with your time. I'm seeing what you did with it and scum read you for it. Cherry picking who you read and don't read is classic scum behaviour.

Also when you quoted me you left out my questions about your reads...which didn't get answered, by the way.
Ask them again. Point me to the post. I miss things.
But as for this? You're wrong. I posted loads of reads all day. I posted continual updates of where I was and where I was struggling. You and Zeke WERE a blindspot I was chasing! That's why I was trying to re-read both you guys and the discussion around you. I finally concluded there wasn't enough. Why? Zeke is more bombastic, but it's the same problem: small footprint. Zeke has talked about two things in the last two phases. He's loud and aggro about them, but it's like two things. You're snide and talking about lots of things, but not actually saying much at all.

The point was not that you wanted a wagon on Cheshire. The point was you took someone you town read so strongly you considered giving a vest to, and then seeded enough doubt to make her a viable vote target down the line. And you only did it to her.
Who is voting for Cheshire? Who is even talking about her? She even complained that no one was talking about her hint. This isn't even what I said - in fact I concluded she was incredibly unlikely to be scum because I could only visualize one partner for her: you. Then I also hard townread one of her posts! HOW do you come away with this read?

Are you complaining that I took new information and used it to continue building a read?

I am just... I don't see how you get there at all. I don't see the result, I don't see how you get here, and I think you're just paranoid. I had a read on Cheshire. I had a reason to question it. I did. I returned to the townread.

You'll have to explain this one to me, namely how flipping one of us would reveal more info about the other. I just see Zeke has me on his list and says I haven't been very towny. I don't think I scum read him either. Just looks like seeds again, setting up a possible chain if one of us flips.
You mistake me trying to solve you for trying to flip you. Show me where I advocated for your flip. I might today, honestly, but I'm still trying to figure you out.

I'm also incredibly against chain votes. Chain votes are as dumb as trying to read an incomplete design.

Like I said, I'm not telling you what to do, but I will comment on how it looks, and it looks scummy. Trying to plant seeds and sow doubt, ignoring others, keeping things vague and open. It reminds me of MGS where you put 10 people in your town core on around Day 4. That's not a town core, that's keeping your PoE wide open.

But congrats on getting c4 out though. Nothing like a un-teamed neutral to buy yourself another day.
I'm telling you that you are in bizarro world. It straight up feels like you only read about half my d2 posts and are trying to pass it off as me not doing much. No hyperbole. It honestly just feels like you're phoning it in on incomplete information. Why bother? No one cares if you vote me. It's the popular thing to do.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't protect HP because there was no reason to protect HP. There was no reason to kill HP, either (lolscum). It was unlikely he was more than two shot with a sk in play if he was really town. Yes, I'm gonna make that design read and yes, I'd gamble someone not engaging much on it. I chose to attempt a protect on someone else.

They should have let HP live, tbh.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I didn't protect HP because there was no reason to protect HP. There was no reason to kill HP, either (lolscum). It was unlikely he was more than two shot with a sk in play if he was really town. Yes, I'm gonna make that design read and yes, I'd gamble someone not engaging much on it. I chose to attempt a protect on someone else.

They should have let HP live, tbh.
You are mixing your days up. I am not asking why you didnt protect HP last night.
I'm asking why you didnt protect him N2, the night you protected Neeks. So the design and read thing doesnt play a factor in D2. Scum has to believe him that he is the vig.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hey remember how i immediately voted Sparks when he claimed doctor?
well take the fact that android and machine are synonyms easily confused at first glance and apply that to how a town doctor would feel about someone else claiming doctor.
I believe Stan for a lot of reasons, but definitely with this.
Yeah its almost like i said a couple times there that in a LoVe game taking the simpliest explaination isnt a sound strategy
^^^^timberlakestare.gif
two doctors with this many roleblocks and kill shots is not unheard of. but that does not mean that both of them are town aligned
This is true. For almost every potential claim here, actually.

Come on. Everyone but c4 has been labeled Android or machine. We have two doc claims that specifically target those groups. We apparently have two scum teams, a SK, and a vig. You really think both of them aren't going to be town aligned?
They could be, because they could easily end up protecting scum, so that's negative utility, or a protect could be team-aligned. Trackers could be anything, doctors, even a cop could be scum in multiball. Everything is kind of on the table. That's the big complication.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You are mixing your days up. I am not asking why you didnt protect HP last night.
I'm asking why you didnt protect him N2, the night you protected Neeks. So the design and read thing doesnt play a factor in D2. Scum has to believe him that he is the vig.
Oh, I thought you meant last night. Yeah, no, at the end of the day I'm choosing an active and solving Sneeks over a lot of people and roles, especially after that flip. Sneeks was the most likely kill that night. There are very few situations when I don't ultimately make that choice. That's why I discarded Cheshire so quickly. Like, I firm townread her but she wasn't at risk and wasn't actually doing much, so why bother.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Oh, I thought you meant last night. Yeah, no, at the end of the day I'm choosing an active and solving Sneeks over a lot of people and roles, especially after that flip. Sneeks was the most likely kill that night. There are very few situations when I don't ultimately make that choice. That's why I discarded Cheshire so quickly. Like, I firm townread her but she wasn't at risk and wasn't actually doing much, so why bother.
Why would Sneeks be the most likely kill over a claimed Vig that scum know is telling the truth.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
OK I've stepped back a bit. I still don't know where I land but I think I am in a space now to be more open to ideas.

I think Monkey's claimed role absolutely fits for a town role. It's a complement to Stan's claimed role and it stands to reason that town needs a healthy protection presence since two potential kills a night is part of the design. Splitting them up into their respective groups also makes sense, gives town some protection about losing their only protection when multiple kills are possible.

Still now that I have re-re-re-re-re-read Random's role and finally saw/internalized that the ninja kill was a faction ability and not a player ability my footing in understanding N2 possibilities is on less firm standing. A scum doc can make sense, especially with small scum teams having to dodge kills from the other team and the SK. Monkey protecting herself and killing Sneeks works with Maol's results. It all fits in neatly to make a nice narrative on what happened but it also feels a little too neat.

I have enough doubts that I don't think I will vote for Monkey but I don't see myself trying drum up a counter wagon to specifically save her either. Part of it is that we've already spent 2 days going over this, I don't really want to rehash everything again on a 3rd day. Part of it is that I feel we are collectively ignoring Odd Team and want to see if there is anything we can pick up on that front. Part of it is that I have a small quiet voice in my head saying this is MGS Monkey that is keeping me from totally believing Monkey.

Thank you for listening to my wishy washy Ted Talk.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Monkey somehow being a scum aligned Adroid Doctor is the single point i can still think against her (i spose yall could maybe think im her scumbud trying to bailer her out, but like fuck gimmie more credit than that), but i have real trouble believing thats a role that exists, nor that its the perspective monkey has been playing as.
If this is a pocket, I'm in, lessss gooooo

So you were a 2 shot traker or a 1 shot?
I don't read this as fishing, btw. I mean, it could be acting, but this just strikes me as someone who actually didn't know this was not a thing we do. It doesn't move the need for me - i just think it's NAI. I saw some chatter and thought I'd weigh in.