• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
aEXS8qg.gif
How... why... holy shit...

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
that "nier ending credits are misleading" thread is getting my blood pressure up.

lotsa bad opinions in there

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
So I have, I guess you can say, a subjective question. I'm finally buying this game soon but have a little conundrum; I have the base PS4 and an Xbox One X. I generally much rather own a physical copy of a game rather than a digital license, especially when they're the same price. Is the X version that much better that it's worth just getting digital over the physical base PS4 version? Just hunting for an opinion from those they may have double dipped.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
So I have, I guess you can say, a subjective question. I'm finally buying this game soon but have a little conundrum; I have the base PS4 and an Xbox One X. I generally much rather own a physical copy of a game rather than a digital license, especially when they're the same price. Is the X version that much better that it's worth just getting digital over the physical base PS4 version? Just hunting for an opinion from those they may have double dipped.

I haven't played the X version but I played it on a base PS4 twice and generally had a good time performance-wise. But no matter what it's probably gonna run better on the X minus how the HDR works (according to some thread from a while ago).

But really you should buy the PS4 version AND the X version because it's an amazing game that needs more sales >:)

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played the X version but I played it on a base PS4 twice and generally had a good time performance-wise. But no matter what it's probably gonna run better on the X minus how the HDR works (according to some thread from a while ago).

But really you should buy the PS4 version AND the X version because it's an amazing game that needs more sales >:)

Haha I don't doubt it. I've been wanting to pick it up for a while but had to clear that backlog first.

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
I just played the first five hours, I'm in heaven! Really enjoying the game and kinda want to keep playing even though I need to go to bed now. Such weird stuff is happening with the story but I'm completely drawn in. I am in love with the combat and especially the movement speed. Not sure how deep the combat is just yet although I think it seems to be getting more complicated as I level. I found it tricky to use the triggers to shoot and melee at the same time in the beginning but I'm starting to really feel the controls so much so that I'm switching weapons schemes with the up button on the fly and loving it. Starting to really do some damage now too. Kick arse game. So glad I pushed through past the intro - almost felt like this wasn't my game after the first boss. Super glad I stuck with it. This place is usually pretty right about which games are good. I might just have to give bloodborne a try after this.

All of the games I'm playing at the moment are just to pass the time until Spider-Man arrives. Thankfully this one is filling the hole left by completing Horizon and Frozen Wastes 100%. Good stuff.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just played the first five hours, I'm in heaven! Really enjoying the game and kinda want to keep playing even though I need to go to bed now. Such weird stuff is happening with the story but I'm completely drawn in. I am in love with the combat and especially the movement speed. Not sure how deep the combat is just yet although I think it seems to be getting more complicated as I level. I found it tricky to use the triggers to shoot and melee at the same time in the beginning but I'm starting to really feel the controls so much so that I'm switching weapons schemes with the up button on the fly and loving it. Starting to really do some damage now too. Kick arse game. So glad I pushed through past the intro - almost felt like this wasn't my game after the first boss. Super glad I stuck with it. This place is usually pretty right about which games are good. I might just have to give bloodborne a try after this.

All of the games I'm playing at the moment are just to pass the time until Spider-Man arrives. Thankfully this one is filling the hole left by completing Horizon and Frozen Wastes 100%. Good stuff.
Oh man if you're enjoying this and you haven't played Bloodborne you're in no shortage of things to tide you over until Spiderman trust me

Apr 11, 2018
Australia
Oh man if you're enjoying this and you haven't played Bloodborne you're in no shortage of things to tide you over until Spiderman trust me

Excellent! I've always been hesitant to get into Bloodborne because I didn't really enjoy the crazy difficulty on Dark Souls as much as I loved the art style. But Bloodborne has way too much love here so I've got to give it a go.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
I posted this in the other OT, but I should have asked here.

I was thinking of replaying the game but I'm not sure how to proceed. I was thinking of simply using the chapter select to start from the beginning. I could start another save entirely, but I don't really feel like collecting everything again (and I know I would feel the need to 100% everything, fishing included, so I should avoid it). The best thing would probably be to lower my level though, so that I'll be more in line with what the game expects and I won't one-shot everything. What do you guys think?

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the other OT, but I should have asked here.

I was thinking of replaying the game but I'm not sure how to proceed. I was thinking of simply using the chapter select to start from the beginning. I could start another save entirely, but I don't really feel like collecting everything again (and I know I would feel the need to 100% everything, fishing included, so I should avoid it). The best thing would probably be to lower my level though, so that I'll be more in line with what the game expects and I won't one-shot everything. What do you guys think?

Did you get all the endings?

I mean if you want you can just up the difficulty, but I find nier's hard mode no fun at all lol.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Did you get all the endings?

I mean if you want you can just up the difficulty, but I find nier's hard mode no fun at all lol.
I literally 100%ed every aspect of the game (save a couple of the "challenges" of the DLC), codex entries included. Since I'm max level, I would kill every enemy too quickly if I simply chapter select. I know there's an item that lowers your current level by 10 iirc, so I was thinking of using that and then going through the game levelling up as I go.

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Currently on Route B now, is it worth it to do side quests I haven't done yet or just continue with the story?

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Currently on Route B now, is it worth it to do side quests I haven't done yet or just continue with the story?
If you enjoy them, why not? Gameplay-wise they might not be particularly interesting, but they have some nice insight on characters and details on the world.

On an unrelated note, I booted the game up after a while; FAR updated on its own and seems to be working as intended. It seems I'm getting worse performance though. Should I select/activate DX11 or DX12 (or both)? Could I be forgetting something else that would cause this?

MONSTER

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, just rage quit the game. On Route A
Twisted Religion
and I've gotten crushed by conveyors so many times without being able to recover my body that I've pretty much burnt through the entire stash of great chips that I had building throughout the entire game. This is absolutely soul crushing. I'm tempted to roll back to my previous save lot but that was, like, 3 hours of time lost.

EDIT- whew, so I guess death doesn't result in an overrite of your current save? Reloaded from the main menu and it completely rolled back to when I had all of my chips.

Feel much better but it makes the death system seem kinda pointless.

Last edited:

Nephtes

Oct 27, 2017
Posted this in the fan art thread, but I thought I'd post it here too... I felt compelled to make fan art for the first time in 14 years...

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago

...I'm going to wind up with both English and Japanese copies of these and I already feel somewhat silly about it

Jun 4, 2018
Achieved Endings A-E. Hands-down one of the best games I have ever played. It's in my top-3 for sure. The PC release really gave me fits when I first played through Route A a year ago. Decided to fire it back up with FAR and some texture packs, and thankfully, didn't have any issues this time around. I've never played anything like this, but man, the last hour or so of Route C really gave me some MGS2 vibes, in many ways. Absolutely loved it. Will play NieR: Gestalt next. Glad I didn't write this game off when those performance issues arose. Excited to learn more about the Drakengard and NieR mythology!

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Got Endings A-E but waned to go back and complete some side quests. Is there a guide that lists what chapter each side quest is in so I can select the correct chapter?

Mr.Branding

Banned
May 11, 2018
Just finished this masterpiece. Is this the topic where I gush about how awesome everything was?
It's funny but Nier didn't grab me at all and sold it but maybe it's the Platinum trademark gameplay or the refined story and music or the sum of it's parts but man, Nier Automata is definitely my game of the gen so far.
Also, some of the "joke" fail endings were funny.

hopper7

Oct 27, 2017
man, I swore to myself that I'll only get A2, but I might as well complete the set now (sans the stubby pack)
glad they're coming next year, gives me enough time to save some money

also I read somewhere they are releasing a second version of 2B, any details on that?

oh shit I didn't notice 9S comes with
2b's arm!!!
now I must have him

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
man, I swore to myself that I'll only get A2, but I might as well complete the set now (sans the stubby pack)
glad they're coming next year, gives me enough time to save some money

also I read somewhere they are releasing a second version of 2B, any details on that?

oh shit I didn't notice 9S comes with
2b's arm!!!
now I must have him

Only other 2B figure i know about is this one, which still hasn't relased.

Wyndstryker

Oct 25, 2017
Heard the ost for the first time and also liked the char designs so ended up getting it. Liking it a lot so far as it's got more story to it than just being flashy from what I've played so far. Avoided it initially due to not being the big action hack/slash player but the fact the game transitions to other views thus other playstyles is nice.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
yeah no, I'm talking about an updated model of the bring arts one, cant find where I read it, but oh well if it's true we will get the details eventually, not that I'm interested in rebuying but I'd like to know what was updated

anyway thanks!

Seems you were right, they just showed a new one off today!
As well as several other things:

DnQ_mQ6UwAAt2Oa.jpg
DnQ_mQ6U0AA5JR0.jpg

DnRADDbU0AAA6My.jpg

DnRAeB4VYAAPm03.jpg

DnRBJbAU0AA6K6P.jpg

DnRBpVrUcAIjCdx.jpg

DnSnzIYUwAEaWfW.jpg

https://twitter.com/SQEX_MD_GOODS

hopper7

Oct 27, 2017
ah goddammit! i knew what I was getting into when I first bought 2B (first figure ever), but still...

sschol

Oct 27, 2017
I never thought I'd be able to say this, but they're releasing NieR figures faster than I can buy them. I hope I don't have to let any of them slip through the cracks...

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Need some advice. Just started playing and I feel like I'm blowing through the Route A run. I just got to the
Machine Village
and I've done like 2 sidequests I think. The ones for the weapon and supply traders at the Resistance Camp. I'm a little concerned as I've seen people say that they spent 30 hours or more on Route A doing sidequests and yet I feel like I'm not finding any.

Am I missing something?

Loving the game, BTW.

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There are a few more side quests that should be available to you by now, but none are permanently missable (except maybe item collection in route B?). I think you'll find a couple in the city ruins among the rooftops and talking to Resistance members at the camp.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Need some advice. Just started playing and I feel like I'm blowing through the Route A run. I just got to the
Machine Village
and I've done like 2 sidequests I think. The ones for the weapon and supply traders at the Resistance Camp. I'm a little concerned as I've seen people say that they spent 30 hours or more on Route A doing sidequests and yet I feel like I'm not finding any.

Am I missing something?

Loving the game, BTW.

Try to do sidequests as you find them and if they seem to be not pains in the ass. Just to help keep at a decent level so you don't hit Route C and get owned by the difficulty spike. Sidequest EXP rewards will offset any need to do exp grinding on enemies.

Sidequests usually show up on the map as well, I believe as red/orange dots or as the bigger circles to show there's something in that area. Also keep an eye out for any NPCs that have QUEST floating above their head.

Even if you try to do as many sidequests as possible you're looking at sub-20 hours in Route A. I did a bunch and hit 16 hours. I beat the game at 36 hours with 83% sidequests.

CopperPuppy

Oct 25, 2017
Try to do sidequests as you find them and if they seem to be not pains in the ass. Just to help keep at a decent level so you don't hit Route C and get owned by the difficulty spike. Sidequest EXP rewards will offset any need to do exp grinding on enemies.

Sidequests usually show up on the map as well, I believe as red/orange dots or as the bigger circles to show there's something in that area. Also keep an eye out for any NPCs that have QUEST floating above their head.

Even if you try to do as many sidequests as possible you're looking at sub-20 hours in Route A. I did a bunch and hit 16 hours. I beat the game at 36 hours with 83% sidequests.
Thanks for the reply. When you say beat the game at 36 hours, do you mean 36 hours for Routes A-E?

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever

hopper7

Oct 27, 2017
I just noticed 9S and A2 BringArts are up for preorder on amiami (and I guess other similar sites as well), if anyone is interested, way cheaper option than SE-Store. April and May release, respectively.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Word of warning, the Nier Automata: Long Story Short novel is preeetty bad. Like, basic highschool grammar and writing stuff. Don't know how it wasn't caught by the editor.

Lots of issues with using different terminology from the game too.

Somebody reviewing the first few pages:

45 minutes total. There are that many issues.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Well... guess I'm glad I didn't pre-order it, but that fucking sucks.

Hopefully Short Story Long fairs better...