• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Even though I've played through this game, I still marvel at both the speed and smoothness of the animation that the developers pulled off, especially of course when it comes to 2B.

J2IqSdJ.gif

LqLYTzE.gif

SXSbaFu.gif

Q6zexEY.gif

hphsNAY.gif

5c7dIN7.gif

v5CqEsU.gif

Man, 2B was just such a great design. Displays both graceful elegance, and take-no-prisoners kickass style. Props of course to Akihiko Yoshida for designing her.

I'm so relieved this game did well, for both Yoko Taro and Platinum, and definitely cannot wait to see what they will have in store next time. Whether an actual sequel or something brand new, if they are enabled to work together again it will be magic.

Credit of course to the great SunhiLegend for such remarkable GIF making abilities! :D

EDIT: Fixed Broken Image Links

Last edited:

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
never played this game but from the gifs it looks less like a game and more like an experience O.O

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That first GIF is just so good. GOTY still for me.

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
never played this game but from the gifs it looks less like a game and more like an experience O.O
That actually is quite an accurate statement. Nier games are definitely "Experiences" that you really will not forget.

Drakengard too from what I've seen, though sadly never played it. Wish they'd remaster 1 and 3 (3 especially from what I hear it was just buggy and nearly unplayable sadly)

Should just say that "Yoko Taro" games are "experiences".

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
I'm stuck on the 9S section, I need to power through because I hear amazing things about what comes next.

But man, just thinking about going back to the chore that is controlling 9S my will to play deflates.

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I'm stuck on the 9S section, I need to power through because I hear amazing things about what comes next.

But man, just thinking about going back to the chore that is controlling 9S my will to play deflates.
Hacking is actually very OP. Did you know that you can press L-Trigger (or R-Trigger) to "Lock-On" in hacking mode? I didn't realize until almost the end of the game and felt until then hacking was too much trouble.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably doing myself a disservice holding off on playing the game before I beat the first NieR.

Hope I can squeeze it in before the year end.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd actually buy a PS4 to play this game... and a few others.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
Hacking is actually very OP. Did you know that you can press L-Trigger (or R-Trigger) to "Lock-On" in hacking mode? I didn't realize until almost the end of the game and felt until then hacking was too much trouble.
Yeah, but for me fun came from the flow of combat that 2B had, she's amazing to control. 9S hacking system just disrupts that rhythm of play.

Ah, screw it, your gifs have won me over. It'll give it another shot today.

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably doing myself a disservice holding off on playing the game before I beat the first NieR.

Actually, there are a few things in Automata that you can really only appreciate if you've played the original Nier beforehand. Had I not I wouldn't have been so "wow'd" at certain moments.
Yeah, but for me fun came from the flow of combat that 2B had, she's amazing to control. 9S hacking system just disrupts that rhythm of play.

Yeah agreed, I do prefer the agile and fast-paced combat of 2B greatly to 9S and his hacking as well just in terms of how "fun" it feels.

Asterikolt

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Game looks super good in motion. All the animations are great, and 2B's animation especially is fantastic.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Gorgeous gifs. And Automata is definitely my GOTY

Finishing NieR first will add tons of emotional impact to some optional content in Automata, so you're doing the right thing.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My GOTY but I still have Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to consider so I can't say for certain yet.

They probably should have alternate between 2B and 9S gameplay up to the end rather than back to back.

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Automata is definitely my current GOTY, although Zelda is right up there with it. Still waiting on Mario, and of course Xenoblade 2 and who knows what I'll end up deciding (probably will do a cop out and say I'm unable to declare a GOTY)

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
I've yet to finish Route B lol, PC issues meant I stopped halfway through Route B, still need to go and get to Route C. I love it though what I played and if not for the issues and then starting a few other games I would have gone back to it by now. Eventually I'll get back to it. The recent GIFS were from footage I still had captured from before. I ended up recording quite a bit.

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet! I can't wait to see what else you've recorded. There is of course just so much one can record and with all the different weapons and move-sets things can really change. Again, major props to the animators (and the guys who actually Rigged the models right) for making it all look so amazing.

SunhiLegend

The Legend Continues
Oct 25, 2017
I love the animations, also one great thing about buying on PC is that I can use a trainer to enable slow motion. Everything looks cooler in slow motion, especially if the animations are top notch.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Nier Automata is probably my GOTY, and with all of the amazing titles released this year, that really is saying something. I'm not sure if Super Mario Odyssey will change that, I haven't played it yet (my copy is en-route to me). It really is amazing.

Dubloon7

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
i'm currently playing thru this gem on my ps4 and streaming on youtube. love how beautiful and fluid it is. too short. just finished Route A in 30 hours, 31% trophies collected (T_T)