• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
i picked up a copy used from walmart for $21.xx. It's definitely near the the top of the queue for what i'll be playing next. I heard you have to play it multiple times, which I usually never do, to get the full impact of the story, so that is making me hesitate to start it. looks really awesome though.

MaskedNdi

Oct 25, 2017
I want to try this game. Is it hard?

There are tougher difficulties, but the game isn't very hard on Normal. Equipping the right chips/weapons makes things pretty easy. It's also easy to get a hold of healing items. If you have a hard time with it, there's also an Easy difficulty that allows you to equip auto-dodge chips.

Mezentine

Oct 25, 2017
i picked up a copy used from walmart for $21.xx. It's definitely near the the top of the queue for what i'll be playing next. I heard you have to play it multiple times, which I usually never do, to get the full impact of the story, so that is making me hesitate to start it. looks really awesome though.
Only the first two playthroughs are repetitive at all. After that each one is all new content (and shorter)

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017

That's not how the game works and it'd be great if this misconception disappeared.

Route A = As 2B
B = Same events as A, different character, new cutscenes, new sidequests, some changed story missions
C = Follows the ending of A/B

HeatKnuckle

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
That actually is quite an accurate statement. Nier games are definitely "Experiences" that you really will not forget.

Drakengard too from what I've seen, though sadly never played it. Wish they'd remaster 1 and 3 (3 especially from what I hear it was just buggy and nearly unplayable sadly)

Should just say that "Yoko Taro" games are "experiences".
Yoko Taro is an experience

Static Jeans

Oct 25, 2017
I still need to buy this game. I know very well it is worth it at full price but I'm afraid that it will go on sale during the holiday season after I purchase it lol. Regardless of price, this is indeed the next game on my must have list.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
A dude compiled all(?) of 2B's move sets:

cVXZSMQ.jpg

After Mario and persona I need to play this.

Korezo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hows the pc version? I was hyped for the game pre release, but hearing about the performance issues put me away. Last I heard a while ago is that there are unofficial mods that fix alot of the problems.

Boogalogist

Oct 25, 2017
Hows the pc version? I was hyped for the game pre release, but hearing about the performance issues put me away. Last I heard a while ago is that there are unofficial mods that fix alot of the problems.

The PC version is playable. I completed it on PS4, but a friend played the PC version. He rated it same as I did.....GotY.

In a year where I've played so many good games (BotW, HZD, etc).....Nier Automata comes out on top. It really is an experience. I listen to the OST everyday and get them feels.

sca

Oct 25, 2017
I've bought it on Steam around release and still haven't played it. Sadness

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
It looks way better in these small gifs than it does on my 4K TV. I wasn't too impressed with the texture work especially.

The_Strokes

Oct 25, 2017
MĂ©xico
I want to try this game. Is it hard?
I haven't played it on Hard since from the previews it seems like a game I wouldn't be very good at, but my experience with Normal has been pretty swell and kind of... easy?

It's all about the chip setup you have going, I'm pretty strong on that side with recovery chips so that might be why it hasn't been so harsh for me. I do remember being stuck on one of the Jackass side quests at one point, tho.

Dineren

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If playing on PC, the FAR mod is pretty much required. It will fix the resolution issues which are really the only bad part of the port (that I noticed at least). It's still unbelievable they didn't fix that after how well the game sold.

Akira619

Oct 26, 2017
Asia Pacific
For me, this is game of the year. After going through ending E, I was just speechless... I haven't felt like that in a very long time from a video game. I also have OST in my playlist and listen while I work. My favorite is "Amusement Park."

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It's a great game, but I feel like there's some heavy post-processing going on in those gifs, because no way does it look that good when you're actually playing the game. Throughout most of the game it looks like a PS3 remaster. The technical side of things just wasn't the game's biggest priority.

Dante316

Oct 25, 2017
It's on my to buy list when it goes on sale. Busy with mgsv and destiny 2. Can't wait to play this too.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
My goty so far. Let's see if mario can knock it down a peg.

edit- and yes despite some ragged image quality and performance and overall humble 3d graphics, it manages to look pretty good.

Salamande

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing them in slow motion gives me a new appreciation for a lot of those animations. The little incidental weapon flips and twirls are so damn good.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
The best part is that the sublime animations don't interfere with the twitchy, just-right smoothness of the movement and combat. Super responsive and a joy to just dash around and run amok.

Any sequel with a less agile protagonist would be a major step back.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the game (4 main endings ) yesterday and had a blast. I really appreciated how fluent and fast everything was. The music is outstanding and I'm extremely tempted to get the OST, which is the first one beside Silent Hill 2's that I ever considered purchasing.

OP
OP
CGiRanger

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Easy GOTY for me. The real hero of the game is Keiichi Okabe, the soundtrack for this game elevates everything to the next level.
Yeah, this game so far definitely is the definitive OST of the year for sure. Just some amazing compositions throughout the whole game:

It definitely should get an award for this.

Which is why I went WTF when I saw for the recently announced Golden Joystick Awards, Nier:Automata was not nominated in the Audio category. Again, WTF?!