• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
For the first time there will be Live Concerts of Nier outside of Japan!

The first 4 concerts will be:

• Chicago, USA - 24.01.2020
  • London, UK - 02.02.2020
  • Bangkok, Thailand - 15. and 16.02.2020
AWR Music Productions who are also organizing the Distant Worlds Final Fantasy concerts are producing this so I am sure there will be more concerts in other locations in the future. Tickets will be available starting on October 10th.

Description from the website:

The music of NieR premieres in concert in Europe, North America, and Southeast Asia!
After 4 sold-out Tokyo performances in 2018, European and North American audiences will finally have the chance to experience this multimedia concert phenomenon. AWR Music Productions (producers of Distant Worlds: music from FINAL FANTASY) is proud to partner with renowned video game developer SQUARE ENIX once again to present NieR:Orchestra Concert re: 12018.
These European and North American premiere concerts will be performed by full symphony orchestra and chorus, and will feature the vocal stylings of renowned soloist Emi Evans, under the direction of GRAMMY Award-winner and acclaimed conductor Arnie Roth. NieR director Yoko Taro and composer Keiichi Okabe have created HD video projections especially for these concerts, which will be projected onto giant screens throughout the performance. With these spectacular visuals, accompanied by the sonic power of over 100 musicians on stage, fans will be immersed in the world of NieR like never before!

Last edited:

Kazer

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'm going to Chicago in January... assuming I can get tickets.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
I'll have to take the plane, but I'll probably go to london... but the website needs to work... i'm sure i'm gonna miss the freaking ticket

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
I wonder how they're going to arrange the vocal songs since most of them are in an invented language, except for ending themes and Alien Invasion.

Lucael

Oct 3, 2018
Emi Evans performs in said invented language.
Source: I attended a Nier concert in Japan before.

They work even in live concerts? I'm asking after my experience with FFXIV, choral songs in the game work great but they sounds a bit cheesy live since the lyrics are not real words but sounds that resemble latin words. Usually they translate in concerts like "oh oh oh" or stuff like that.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Really tempting to get a ticket to this though doubt I will go to this on my own.

OP
OP
Zhao_Yun

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I NEED A TICKET TO LONDON RIGHT ABOUT NOW

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

FUCKING FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only bad thing about this concert is Replicant Nier being the one chosen instead of the superior in every way, non-cliched ugly papa nier

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
god
are
you punishing me

is this the price im paying
for my past mistakes?

SchroDingerzat

One Winged Slayer
Sep 24, 2018
Well I need to go to this! Totally expect that the HD video projections created for this event will have some more hidden lore.

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
This happens like a month before I relocate to Japan, so I'm going to get a ticket for sure.
...I bet those meet and greets will be expensive as hell.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why come to America if not coming to New York? Would've of loved to go to this

RetroDLC

Oct 27, 2017
From the Southbank website...
Priority booking available from 10am, Tue 8 Oct
General sale begins at 10am, Wed 9 Oct

It costs £69 for priority membership, something I can't afford in addition to a ticket, but anyway, there's the London info.

Edit: If anyone has the ability to see, how much are the normal and VIP tickets?

LancePrime

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like the main page has updated and tickets are available 10am Wednesday for London, guess I can stop refreshing the page now.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
From the Southbank website...

It costs £69 for priority membership, something I can't afford in addition to a ticket, but anyway, there's the London info.

Edit: If anyone has the ability to see, how much are the normal and VIP tickets?

where do you see this? there's nothing on the page right now, saying error 403...

Since i'm working wednesday, i'll have to save the page on my phone and go to the toilet at the right time to book that, lol

OP
OP
Zhao_Yun

Zhao_Yun

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
They updated the website with ticket sale start times:

For London:
09.10.2019 - 10 AM GMT

For Chicago:
10.10.2019 - 10 AM CDT

For Bangkok: TBD

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
Do we know of prices already for the London concert? Or somebody a member of the South Bank Centre willing to take a screenshot of the ticket page for us?

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know what should we expect in terms of prices for the London concert?
I live in another EU country so i have no idea.

Kira.FA37

Jan 11, 2018
Page says:
37£-67£, VIP 120£

Considering that I payed more for kingdom hearts, I would say it's cheap.
Ah thanks! The order ticket site shows the prices now.

Honestly going to order a London ticket even though I'm not sure if I'll still live in London come February, this is too good an opportunity to pass on!