• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone want to pick me up some merch (US)? I'm looking for the Nier Kaine / Salvation music box (white).

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
Going to the 1st Chicago show. Is there some sort of dress code for the event and/or the Rosemont Theater? I'm not planning on cosplaying or anything drastic, but with the current weather I would like to wear something comfortable.

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
Going to the 1st Chicago show. Is there some sort of dress code for the event and/or the Rosemont Theater? I'm not planning on cosplaying or anything drastic, but with the current weather I would like to wear something comfortable.
You can just wear whatever. That you're even thinking to ask this tells me you won't be the worst-dressed one there! Shower and wear clean clothes, and nobody will care what you're wearing.

Everyone here understands the need to dress for comfort in this weather--except for the guys who inexplicably wear cargo shorts everywhere in winter and somehow don't die.

catskratch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm going to be in full winter gear, but wearing my Nier Automata shirt I got from The Yetee from one of the GDQs a while back and bringing a 2B Mini-Plush haha. It's totally not a "black tie event" or anything like that. But some like to dress to the 9s (unexpected joke there) for things like this too, so just go with whatever is best for you :)

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Will be there assuming my flight isn't cancelled on Friday! Incredibly excited.

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
My cousin was supposed to arrive from Mexico today but he couldn't make it, so now I have a ticket available and it'd be a shame if it was left to waste. Anyone here who'd like to grab it for less than face value?

catskratch

Oct 25, 2017
IMG_20200124_223540.jpg

Just got back to hotel room. What an amazing performance!

PKMNTrainer

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible show. That Song of the Ancients rendition had me floored. Despite my love of Kingdom Hearts, I think this show topped it. Kind of wish they had more gameplay on the screen, and also sorely missed Birth of a Wish.
Sad the merch line was so crazy. I ended up ordering most of what I wanted on the Square Enix store lol
Seeing Taro was great.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
That was pretty great. Lots of energy from the crowd which was nice to see. Would have liked more Emi Evans, but I was still really happy to hear her.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
How much were the t-shirt? Also is there a music listing of the concert now? Is there new music compared to the japanese concert (who had the same name)?

Going to see it in london next week

Sabas

Oct 25, 2017
How early did people arrive for merch? By the time I got there the line was packed

Noriea

Nov 8, 2017
Wondering how early I should get the for merch line. Anyone go to Chicago have any advice?

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
hH5lxwj.jpg

QyOkKuu.png

The concert was great. I kind of wish I hadn't watched the bluray last year, but it was still 100% worth seeing it in person.

I missed out on VIP tickets - and I think I'm okay with not having spent twice as much just to break down crying in front of people I don't know, lol - but it turned out that during the concert we were seated directly behind Okabe and Saito with someone I'm pretty sure was Taro a few seats over, which was pretty cool. (Wish I had a "quick smile and nod" opportunity, but they ducked in and out pretty quick between songs.)

The merch line was staggering. Doors were an hour before the show (they actually let people in about ten minutes before then) and staff said there was already a huge line outside at that point. We got there about 7:25 and my GOAT sister took a bullet and missed the first few songs to stay in line and get our stuff, but it turned out the music box allotment for the night was long gone at that point. (The music boxes are up for preorder on the Square store, shipping next month, and they still have the arrangement box available as well. I'm not 100% on this so don't take my word on it, but it seemed like the tour shirt may have been the only "exclusive" not available online?)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Im really glad I bought 2 of those music boxes the last time I was in Japan (one for me and my brother), cuz there was no way i was standing in that line

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe I'm going to Bangkok for this. I can't think of any other game I'd travel to another country just to watch an orchestra play the soundtrack to.

Zeouter

Oct 27, 2017
Ireland
I am also going to Bangkok. Surprised neither night us sold out.
The concert hall seems quite far away from the city, transport might be fun, particularly coming back.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going tonight. I finished the game earlier this week and am excited to see the performance in Chicago.

catskratch

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone anywhere is able to get a men's XXL for me, I will gladly pay for your trouble. I couldn't get one last night at the show. Much appreciated. My Reddit post with the photo is a huge hit haha

El Crono

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I had to miss three songs but at least I got the exclusive t-shirt. Sadly I missed out on the music boxes but I pre-ordered them this morning from the SE Store. Listening to Emi Evans in person was what made it all worthwhile, and seeing Yoko Taro was just the cherry on top. <3

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
Going tonight in chicago. If you see a big blonde guy in a purple shirt with Emils face on it, that's probably me.

My gf will be wearing a YoRHa shirt

flyover

Oct 26, 2017
By intermission they sold out of everything except shirts, NieR Gestalt & Replicant OST, Distant Worlds OSTs, and A New World OSTs
Wow. I hope some of the people buying merch last night had tickets for tonight, considering how much many of them missed. Some people were finally getting to their seats just before intermission! I could not believe the line zigzagging back and forth across the entire venue a couple times.

For anyone curious about the setlist, the first half of the show is Nier Gestalt/Replicant. And the post-intermission is Automata. I didn't know that going in. I thought it would mostly be the second game, with maybe an encore of Kaine.

The whole thing was great. I was happy to hear songs from both games. I like the original's OST a little better (maybe because of nostalgia), but the second game's songs lent themselves better to this particular orchestra, imo. Really good stuff, all around.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
I had a great time at the Chicago concert! I'm thrilled to have been able to attend and I'm very happy the reception the orchestra, Yoko Taro, Emi Evans, Keiichi Okabe and Yosuke Saito was so great.

I was most moved by Emil's theme, Gods Bound By Rules, The Wretched Automatons and The Tower, though everything really helped me bask in how much I love the games.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone at the Chicago concert know how long the show was?

Just wondering cause I'm travelling out of London as soon as the concert is over.

Oct 28, 2017
It started a little after 8pm, and I think it ran until about 10:45 or so.
That's quite long, was expecting it to be slightly shorter due to the two in London starting at 3 and the other at 8, doesn't really give much time between them for the orchestra (or to get dinner between seeing the two shows lol).
So the doors were an hour before the actual show? So if it says it starts at 3 should aim to be there around 2?

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing all the posts about the Chicago here is only making me excited for the Bangkok show. It doesn't help that the show is apparently long (2-3 hours? 0_0). So excited to hear Emi Evans sing! I might actually end up crying watching the concert.

Hopefully because the Bangkok shows aren't sold out yet, the demand for merchandise won't be that high so the lines won't be as crazy. Praying to get the t-shirt, at least! (Speaking of, does anyone know how it looks like?)

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
They're out of music boxes but I snagged a shirt and Replicant/Gestalt cd that I've never gotten around to getting

Caim

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing all the posts about the Chicago here is only making me excited for the Bangkok show. It doesn't help that the show is apparently long (2-3 hours? 0_0). So excited to hear Emi Evans sing! I might actually end up crying watching the concert.

Hopefully because the Bangkok shows aren't sold out yet, the demand for merchandise won't be that high so the lines won't be as crazy. Praying to get the t-shirt, at least! (Speaking of, does anyone know how it looks like?)

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really wish I had gotten tickets to this.

Is it the same as the show on the Bluray? If so, I''ll go out and buy that.