• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
so if you are going to a retail shop to buy a physical copy of this, are you gonna say out the full title?

"Hey, i want to purchase a copy of Nier Replicant ver ver.1.2247448713"

Party

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Dec 3, 2018
Please let this not be this year. My wallet is exploding.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Does being rated actually mean that much? I know Tales of Arise was rated in Korea all the way back in January and was just rated in Australia and Brazil in August and that game still appears to be a ways off.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Welp...there goes one of the mystery game slot. Chances of FFXVI pretty much gone at this point. I predicted there will be 3 mobile games, so there's only really one more to announce.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Ooooooo it's coming.

I want to see more of this, OG Nier is great in everything but the gameplay, I hope the improvements there are worth it.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
the only franchise square hasn't run into the ground <3 bless

i'm ready

Jun 23, 2019
tumblr_o6s8tq0VUp1ttma2yo1_400.gif

LET'S. FUCKING. GO.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love it if this came out this year. I played Automata over my Christmas break a few years ago, so it would be great to re-create the experience haha

addik

Oct 28, 2017
Huh, I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere, but the number is actually the square root of 1.5.

Not sure what they're going to do with that, I know there's an additional episode/chapter/section in this remaster so who knows? They might also be playing around with the fact there are two versions of the Nier 1 story (Gestalt and Replicant) so it's them combining the two?

Raigor

May 14, 2020
I'm in if the combat is somewhat closer to Nier Automata and a pretty good graphical overhaul.

Nier is ugly and the combat is trash

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Welp...there goes one of the mystery game slot. Chances of FFXVI pretty much gone at this point. I predicted there will be 3 mobile games, so there's only really one more to announce.

People actually believed that FF16 could be announced here ? There's no way in hell that it won't be announced at some sort of Sony event.

stat84

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I have been sitting on a PS3 copy of the game since forever.I hope they show more so i can decide which one i play.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'll never forgive ex forum for making me pay a full price for PS3 Nier.

Memorable, thought provoking narrative aside, this has to look and play like a properly budgeted game this time round and not just an afterthought considering Square put significantly more attention towards its beloved older child - Final Fantasy XIII, at the time.

Taro deserved better to realize his vision, which he eventually got with Automata.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I need this game so badly. Been waiting for a remaster for so long! I can't wait til we get more footage!

RealPopche

Aug 1, 2020
This is a nice surprise!

I thought it would be a late 2021 release as we've heard almost nothing about the game since like the beginning of the pandemic.

I'm pretty hyped!

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
I'm in if the combat is somewhat closer to Nier Automata and a pretty good graphical overhaul.

Nier is ugly and the combat is trash
They have people from Platinum over helping with that
I have to say I always liked the boss battles in Nier 1 better than the ones in Automata
Automata has really bad difficulty balancing and curve.

Allt his makes me excited though, sad that theres no option for Papa Nier.

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
so if you are going to a retail shop to buy a physical copy of this, are you gonna say out the full title?

"Hey, i want to purchase a copy of Nier Replicant ver ver.1.2247448713"
I know its a joke but would you recite every overly Long game title instead of just abbreviating it?
I mean look at the newest Call of Duty or that old King Kong movie game for the 360.