• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Via Nintendo Everything

Trailer for PC version (this already released)

-----

Shadowman is one of my personal favorite games of all time.

Excellent atmosphere, masterful soundtrack, dark world.

It's Zelda meets Tomb Raider and it is fantastic.

Make this happen Nightdive!!

Last edited:

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Played this as a kid. It was kinda terrifying back then...and also pretty entertaining. Never finished it though.

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Shadowman was so dope; I was thinking about this game yesterday what a coincidence.
The voodoo lore, the serial killers, the tormented levels and atmosphere of fire and blood... I need more of this.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
How is the nightdive port of the game anyway? does it run ok? and did they make any tweaks to the game to improve it like with turok? I seem to remember the sound effects for the gun being way too loud compared to the rest of the game, and enemies being bullet sponges.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. Interesting. Let's see if Nightdive can make it happen it happen.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We need an Acclaim Comic Game revival like yesterday.

Shadowman.png

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I still own a Dreamcast copy of this game. I remember giving up on it very early in. Never clicked with me. Maybe I'll pop it in and give it another shot.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
This is a blast from the past. Loved the game, one of my favorites among Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Man, Shadowman has aged terribly. This game needs a full remake rather than a HD remaster.

Deleted member 5334

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible? I think we need more possibles before we can consider the possibility.

...joking aside, I definitely wouldn't be against this. I never got a chance to play it back when it came out, so a modern console port would definitely be welcomed. Having said that, how is the modern PC version? Any issues?

Oct 27, 2017
Played it back in the day and I remember it having terrible camera and controls, not very clear objectives and felt kind of boring. Played the Dreamcast version btw, which was supposedly enhanced over the n64 one. Might have to play it again to see if it grabs me this time.

Katzenbuckel

Aug 18, 2019
Oh man! This game was great but I am not sure if it is as fun now as it was in the old days. Still I would love to see it on all consoles so I could replay it.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017
I would like to replay it, so I hope it comes back. It was such a suprisingly unnerving experience on N64 and Dreamcast, the two versions I played. A darker and more action focused Zelda. Gave the PC version a try, but that doesn't support Xinput, so please bring it back again.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I do know there was a re-release of the PC version fairly recently, but annoyingly it appears to have been pulled from GOG and Steam. A re-re-release would be appreciated.

OP
OP
carlosrox

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Shadowman has aged terribly

Perhaps the combat has but everything else is fine. And the maps can be a bit mazey. Otherwise, I have little else to complain about.

I love the platforming, puzzles, and the God tier soundtrack. Tim Haywood is a legend for this soundtrack alone. I learned recently he went on to do the Bloons TD soundtracks. Kinda crazy as I was a big fan of some of those games and had no idea he did the music. I only found out when I followed him on Twitter. From Shadowman to a mobile game with monkeys and balloons. So weird. Bloons TD 5 is actually on Switch as well. I'm tempted as it's a fun game but the asking price is high.

The guy needs to make music for games again. The music in Shadowman is just too good for this guy not to make stuff like it again.

The range in the soundtrack is incredible. From disco tunes to a perverted version of one of Brahm's songs, the soundtrack offers a wide variety of different tones.

I found this out way, way later. Only a few years ago in fact.

Other great tracks:

Wasn't that game a huge pos?

Not at all. It was critically acclaimed when it came out I'm pretty sure. IGN (Matt Cassamassina?) loved it and get it 9 or higher IIRC.

The game's not even close to a POS.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Really unique title back in the day, that should have caught on more. A bit more polish to fix some issues, rough edges, etc., and I think it would be remembered as a classic. I wish there was a good remake/remaster.

Last edited:

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Some people in this thread are talking like this hasn't already been released. Guys Nightdive published Shadow Man for PC back in like 2013 it would likely be that version that would make it onto Nintendo Switch same as Turok 1 and 2.

They also did Forsaken! Check it out!