• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's a no brainer in a business sense. He has an obligation to Nintendo shareholders to maximize revenue and everyone has a smartphone.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I somewhat figured this was the case when they acquired 5% of a mobile giant.

Red Alert

Banned
Mar 25, 2018
Cool release Pokemon Red & Blue and make it $$$. Not hard.
I saw these games played by hundreds of people in subways with lackluster emulators. Demand is there just do it. Sell it for 4.99$ each version.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
Tweet 4 is interesting.

I thought people lamented that the few big names had too much power in Nintendo decision making?
The whole
"Miyamoto ruined Paper Mario and this and that" new blood stuff

(I personally never paid attention)

Oct 25, 2017
I'm interested in this, but not if they're going the way of Animal Crossing and FE mobile. The best mobile games, to me, are either puzzle games (Threes) where you buy them and the gameplay loop is so good that you can come back to them again and again, or they're sims (like Game Dev Story) that you buy them and the gameplay loop is so good that you can come back to them again and again.

This is not to say that other genres can't be well done in the mobile space, but for me, the best mobile games rely less on timing and optical button manipulation and more on thought and strategy. Oh, and gacha shit or timed shit is just a complete turnoff to me.

This means that I am, as with many gaming things, in the minority for what I want out of mobile games. However, I hope that Nintendo at least tries to service some of that smaller market for mobile games that players like myself exist within.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I can't wait to hear Switch owners complain about the games coming to mobile but not Switch. Just like any 3DS game released in 2017 -

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tweet 4 is interesting.

I thought people lamented that the big names had too much power in Nintendo decision making?
The whole
"Miyamoto ruined Paper Mario and this and that" new blood stuff

(I personally never paid attention)
Generally you had to go through a ton of people to get things approved. Sounds like Furukawa wants to streamline the company and make approvals easier and quicker.

Oct 25, 2017
It would be wise to ask a mod to include more of the translated tidbits to your title so we can avoid mobile drive bys.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Something about this reminds me of Konami. Different situations, but the focus seems eerily familiar.

Red Alert

Banned
Mar 25, 2018
I'm interested in this, but not if they're going the way of Animal Crossing and FE mobile. The best mobile games, to me, are either puzzle games (Threes) where you buy them and the gameplay loop is so good that you can come back to them again and again, or they're sims (like Game Dev Story) that you buy them and the gameplay loop is so good that you can come back to them again and again.

This is not to say that other genres can't be well done in the mobile space, but for me, the best mobile games rely less on timing and optical button manipulation and more on thought and strategy. Oh, and gacha shit or timed shit is just a complete turnoff to me.

This means that I am, as with many gaming things, in the minority for what I want out of mobile games. However, I hope that Nintendo at least tries to service some of that smaller market for mobile games that players like myself exist within.

Yeah you are not real target audience for this to be honest. They are aiming most money making apps section.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
Bring me Wario Ware, Advance Wars and the Puzzle League Series, NCL.
23079081910_39624d7591_o.png

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
start (selling) or expanding, in the Middle East ? because they are already selling their products for this market.
this is from my copy of Bayonetta 2:

sy8rol.jpg

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
I've played FE:H every day since launch so I'll keep an eye on anything they bring out in the future.

I do wonder if they'll have any more successes though. FE:H is kinda the only one to take off (if you discount Pokemon Go at least, with it kinda being it's own thing) and I feel like that's due to the gameplay loop transitioning easily and the franchise being great for gatcha with its huge amount of characters.

Like, what is say Mario Kart going to be able to do to really grab people? People don't really play racing games on mobile that much, and I don't know that just realising some kind of fun little mobile game will get them the returns they want.

I wonder if we'll see more gatcha type stuff. Could make a decent Pokemon game with it. I can easily see people throwing away hundreds of quid to get mew or a special pikichu with a hat on.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
A committee.

Now I wanted to know how often are the 5 spots replaced/turnover rates are?

And whether this can be abused or not.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I have no doubt that Nintendo will continue to focus on the Switch for the foreseeable future...but I also can't help but be wary. Businesses exist to make money, and after a certain point the return on investment from a mobile game will look an awful lot more enticing than what a console game will get you. Nintendo is doing very well again, but but it will take a very Iwata-like individual to stay the course if they make another stumble in the console space.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
Something about this reminds me of Konami. Different situations, but the focus seems eerily familiar.
Not really. I wouldn't really worry unless you see a degradation in product quality and release quantity. For the most part almost all of Nintendo's mobile efforts have been done with experts in that space. And the intent is all meant to help support the core games business.

As the 3DS continues to be phased out and the company moves to solely one platform, the success of mobile is only going to become more important. It's vital that they have multiple successful and diverse efforts, because there's no guarantee that one will always be the most healthy.

Roldan

Oct 29, 2017
...Kimishima is stepping down? I feel like I've been living under a rock, lol.

Pokemaniac

Oct 25, 2017
I could do without more mobile stuff. You have to make games terrible to make any money there.

The other stuff sounds more encouraging, though.