• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
There's no physical component for Bad Witch. Some are speculating that the fans are the physical component with the presale experience a couple weeks ago.

The vinyl version of Bad Witch is significantly cheaper on Amazon than it is on the NIN store and it should come with a download card.

I already have too many collections, I can't justify a turntable and a bunch of wax. But it so haaaaaard to say no to NIN paraphernalia

DHR54

Oh well.
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Yessssss great OT. Loving the retro pictures and clips of young Trent. Definitely subscribing will drop in later after work.

Deleted member 13642

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
About to see the show in Vegas!

Also if anyone who is here could bring me a vodka something the lines out to the garage

Cartoonic21

Oct 25, 2017
I saw what they opened with in Vegas and boy I hope they open with that on the rest of the tour. I'll be happy.

Metal

Deleted member 13642

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I saw what they opened with in Vegas and boy I hope they open with that on the rest of the tour. I'll be happy.

Metal

Dude I can't believe they opened with that. That was a super deep cut.

They just fucking killed it tonight. I dunno if it was first show energy or what, but I got thrashed by the crowd in a way I haven't in years. People lost it on
burn
in a way that seemed to legit have security worried. It was a smaller GA floor and I don't think you'll necessarily get that from the rest of the tour, but god damn. What a show.

Milk Lizard

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TOBYHANNA, Pa
swYtXq0.jpg

Static Veins

Oct 25, 2017
UK
According to r/nin Bad Witch has leaked. I can't find it anywhere but just a heads up for those who want to avoid spoilers or whatever that it's going to be a rough 4 days!

Sampson

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
Saw them at the Hard Rock on Saturday.

I've seen the live show 8 times now since 2005, and to be honest, it was the weakest performance. Trent and Robin brought it, but everyone else looked bored. Gary Numan came out but he seemed nervous. The show was also really stripped down compared to previous tours in terms of lighting and digital effects. The middle of the set dragged on with like 4 songs in a row from Bad Witch that no one knew.

Hope the rest of the tour is better.

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
more thrashing guitar sounds than last album?
not really, it's very moody though. Hard to really give you a rundown after one listen, imagine the most atmospheric uneasy instrumentals on The Fragile and make them uneasier and dirtier, with some occasional Trezzy goodness. The first two tracks had moments of really harsh guitar and yelling though.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great setlists so far. Hope I can manage to get a ticket for an LA show, I gotta see Metal live.

Gouty

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed on Amazon someone or some thing is selling CD's of Not the Actual events and Add Violence. Are these the real thing or bootlegs?

Resetta Stone

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing, Arizona
This is almost Lynchian in it's vibe. I know Trent has been on Twin Peaks but the overall mood with the constant analog static, sax, and muted synths reminds me of The Return so damn much.

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Just bought the vinyl from Amazon for a fair chunk less than the NIN website wanted. It's so damn good.

Chumley

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
l'm not really a fan of Bad Witch as of this moment. Shit Mirror is awesome, Over and Out starts out like a Year Zero track and then goes into some interesting territory, and the last two minutes of I'm Not From This World has a nice build.

The rest, though? Underwhelming and boring. And this is coming from an absolute NiN die hard. Maybe this needs a few more listens but right now I'm just really annoyed at whatever Trent is doing.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Listening to the leak right now, can't wait to have my copy! Anyone else going to be at NOS Alive this year? NIN will perform there, even though just for an hour.

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
SHIT FUCKING MIRROR.

Also, anyone catching little bits and pieces of melodies from other songs near the end of Over and Out? Someone on Reddit pointed out hearing the melodies of Leaving Hope and Complications of the Flesh, and I totally hear them myself.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed on Amazon someone or some thing is selling CD's of Not the Actual events and Add Violence. Are these the real thing or bootlegs?

Ordered both of these. Add Violence arrived in the post today, and is just a physical CD digipak with the same artwork, and features a lyric booklet inside.

None of the 'physical component' material was included, so this is just for people like me who enjoy having a physical release on their shelves.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't listened yet. This thread is getting me excited
Wasn't able to get radio city tickets but i'm going to both brooklyn shows. Happy they added those

NIN90

Nov 6, 2017
Anybody in need of a ticket for the upcoming sold-out show in Berlin on the 2nd of July? Purchased my ticket when they went on sale but looks like I'm not gonna be able to make it to the show.
Asking for 54.50€ + postage, which is what I paid so I'm not trying to scalp here. PM me if you are interested.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered both of these. Add Violence arrived in the post today, and is just a physical CD digipak with the same artwork, and features a lyric booklet inside.

None of the 'physical component' material was included, so this is just for people like me who enjoy having a physical release on their shelves.

To follow up: Not The Actual Events arrived today, and is exactly the same. Digipak CD with a lyric booklet, and none of the physical component bonuses.

So both are legitimate, no-frills releases. Glad to have them on my shelf though.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
After a few listens...
I think Over and Out might be one of the best songs he's ever made. The rest of the album is interesting but I don't know how often I'm going to want to listen to some of these songs.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't really jiving with Add Violence but this LP bumps.

I still feel like Trent is wearing his Bowie influences on his sleeve too much with God Break Down The Door but otherwise this album kicks ass. It's surprisingly more melodic and dream-like than I had anticipated; both the aforementioned track, the album artwork and song titles had me thinking this was gonna be Trent taking his industrial to full on Prurient levels of exacerbated noise, but color me pleasantly surprised that there's some really nice hooks overall in here and that it's actually catchy.

devSin

Oct 27, 2017
Interview with Trent up on the official site, where he goes a bit into the story behind the 3 albums.
THE FIRST RECORD, NOT THE ACTUAL EVENTS, WAS MORE OF AN INTERNAL FANTASY OF WHAT IF I LIT A MATCH TO MY LIFE AND JUST EMBRACED BURNING THE WHOLE FUCKING THING DOWN. YOU KNOW? ALL OF THIS IS AN ILLUSION AND I REALLY SHOULD BE DEAD OR LYING IN A DITCH SOMEWHERE. WHO I REALLY AM IS AN ADDICT THAT SELF-DESTRUCTS. THAT'S MY TRUE NATURE AND THIS IS AN ILLUSION AND SOME BORROWED TIME.

WITH THE SECOND ONE, ADD VIOLENCE, THE IDEA WAS, LOOSELY, TO ZOOM OUT, TO BE MORE GLOBAL AND TO IMPLY THAT MAYBE WE'RE ALL IN A SIMULATED REALITY. AND THAT MIGHT INTRODUCE THE CONCEPT OF MEANINGLESSNESS BUT ALSO PROVIDE A SAFE CONTAINER TO EXPLAIN WHY EVERYTHING FEELS OFF.

BY THE TIME WE GOT TO THE THIRD ONE, WE HAD AN IDEA IN MIND BUT IT FELT … REHEARSED. PREDICTABLE. IN THE END, WHAT FELT TRUE WAS TO SAY THAT WE AS A SOCIETY AND AS A SPECIES ARE PROBABLY AN ACCIDENT, A MUTATION. REALLY WHAT WE ARE IS FUCKING ANIMALS. AND THE ILLUSION WAS ENLIGHTENMENT. THE MORE WE'VE CONNECTED WITH EACH OTHER THE DUMBER WE'VE GOTTEN AND THE MORE WE DECIDE WE WANT TO KILL EACH OTHER. WE'RE NOT SOME ELEVATED TRANSCENDENT BEINGS, WE'RE BACTERIA IN A JAR. I WANTED THE ART DIRECTION OF BAD WITCH TO FEEL LIKE SHADOWS ON A CAVE WALL AND WE'RE TRYING TO FIGURE OUT WHAT IT IS AND REALLY THERE'S NO NICE, CLEAN, SAFE SCIENTIFIC EXPLANATION. WE'RE JUST AN ACCIDENT. STRING THEORY AND QUANTUM PHYSICS IS A FUCKING TRICK. AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO SUDDENLY ELEVATE OURSELVES INTO TRANSCENDENT BEINGS. WE'RE KIDDING OURSELVES. I KNOW THIS WILL BE AN UNSATISFYING CONCLUSION FOR SOME PEOPLE. IT ISN'T WHAT THEY WANT. THEY WANT IT TO BE FULL MATRIX VIRTUAL REALITY, AND THIS IS THE OPPOSITE OF THAT, THIS IS DIRT AND A BROKEN COMPUTER CHIP AND EVERYTHING YOU BELIEVE IN IS REALLY JUST BULLSHIT.