• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Broken played in full, The Perfect Drug played live for the first time ever. What other live holy grails can Trent possibly pull out for this tour?

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
I want HIS more than anything at one of the brooklyn shows. He doesn't fucking scream the song like 1994 but he still sounds good, and I'm sure the instrumentation just sounds fucking fantastic in person

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yoooo, I had no idea Trent seems to not like playing some of my favorite songs of his live hahah.

Zero-Sum, My Violent Heart, 10 Miles High, Everything, Demon Seed, The Four of us are Dying, Not Anymore and Sunspots have never been played live, holy shitttttt.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9317

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New York

Message from TR:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9QsXRgBgo

treznorWe are very excited and proud to be working with @damonlindelof & @HBO on WATCHMEN. (This post has been edited down several times, omitting the parts where I gush with admiration for Damon (including a mandatory 'close friends must watch The Leftovers' stance), and how impactful Watchmen has been on me… Oh yeah, and the part where I confess to reaching out to everyone involved with this series asking them to let us do the music. Trying to play it cool here BUT EXCITED!)
#WatchmenHBO

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
That's really cool that he reached out because he wanted to make the music. It would not be surprising if he was asked to do it, but it could only mean good things if he already had it in mind

I'm a little conflicted on Watchmen. I probably don't like it enough to care about an HBO series before this news but now I'm in

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
The thread's subtitle is amazing.

I've seen NIN live 4 times in Toronto. All four concerts were great, and one was easily the best concert I've ever been to.

The first was with Death from Above 1979 and Queens of the Stone Age, and Josh Homme was pissed off that the arena had temporarily lost its liquor license.

The second was the Lights Over the Sky of North America tour, and the single greatest concert (of many) I've attended. I still have my presale litho ticket and am glad I got floors.

Third was with Jane's Addiction, who are bad.

The last was Virgin Fest.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Did not realize this existed. Seeing them in December around my birthday. It will only be my second time, can't fucking wait.

Holy moly at perfect drug performance. WHat??

Menome

Oct 25, 2017

Thank you ;)

I was somewhat on the fence about the Watchmen TV series. I enjoyed the original comics, thought the film was "fine" but have never rewatched it, but if it's getting a Reznor/Ross soundtrack, I guess that's the extra little hook I needed to make me interested. Even if the show itself ends up being dross, it'll be another atmospheric CD for my collection.

Oct 25, 2017

I've seen NIN live 4 times in Toronto. All four concerts were great, and one was easily the best concert I've ever been to.

The first was with Death from Above 1979 and Queens of the Stone Age, and Josh Homme was pissed off that the arena had temporarily lost its liquor license.

The second was the Lights Over the Sky of North America tour, and the single greatest concert (of many) I've attended. I still have my presale litho ticket and am glad I got floors.

Third was with Jane's Addiction, who are bad.

The last was Virgin Fest.

Lights tour is the best lineup they ever had. Robin/Freese/JMJ/Alessandro.

Wish we could've heard what they would've been like with Adrian Belew though, I was so excited when that was announced.

Kreizler

Oct 28, 2017
PVD
26th anniversary of BROKEN today. If they didn't already play it in it's entirety this tour, tonight would have definitely been a great time for it.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Now I'm Nothing opener tonight!
  1. Now I'm Nothing
  2. Terrible Lie
  3. Last
  4. Letting You
  5. Piggy
  6. This Isn't the Place
  7. The Frail
  8. The Wretched
  9. The Becoming
  10. Closer
  11. La Mer
  12. Reptile
  13. Copy of A
  14. The Good Soldier
  15. Survivalism
  16. Wish
  17. Head Like a Hole
  18. Help Me I Am in Hell
  19. Happiness in Slavery
  20. Even Deeper
These setlists are sooo good. Besides the more rare stuff I'm glad Letting You and some other The Slip songs are back in the rotation. 1,000,000, Head Down and Letting You are awesome live.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
  1. Now I'm Nothing
  2. Terrible Lie
  3. Last
  4. Letting You
  5. Piggy
  6. This Isn't the Place
  7. The Frail
  8. The Wretched
  9. The Becoming
  10. Closer
  11. La Mer
  12. Reptile
  13. Copy of A
  14. The Good Soldier
  15. Survivalism
  16. Wish
  17. Head Like a Hole
  18. Help Me I Am in Hell
  19. Happiness in Slavery
  20. Even Deeper
These setlists are sooo good. Besides the more rare stuff I'm glad Letting You and some other The Slip songs are back in the rotation. 1,000,000, Head Down and Letting You are awesome live.

It's always kind of wild to me when Hurt isn't on a setlist. It's been good to see With Teeth & Year Zero stuff VERY slowly creep back onto setlists as those albums have been really underrepresented. I would love to see songs like Hyperpower!, Beginning of the End,The Collector, Beside you in Time, Capital G, The Line Begins to Blur and Meet Your Master making their way back onto some . Though I am more than willing to "settle" with getting setlists with Mr. Self Destruct, Perfect Drug and Happiness in Slavery on them.

As for their recent/recent-ish output and I look back on Hesitation Marks only to realize that as much as I liked the album at the time not only has it not stuck with me at all but I just find myself feeling almost completely indifferent about it at best. As for Not the Actual Events and Add Violence, they have both really grown on me. Not only have I grown to like every track on both of them but I dig their themes. Bad Witch though... just not feeling it. None of the songs really get anything out of me. I feel like it's supposed to be this scathing takedown of modern society but anytime Trent has described the themes of the album it sounds more like "Old Man Yells At Cloud: The Album"

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm so sad trent did that shitty ticket sale

it's going to be so hard to find a seat in december

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
i'm so sad trent did that shitty ticket sale

it's going to be so hard to find a seat in december

Yeah, so I might be wrong but I think (at least for some venues) they eventually opened ticket sales to TicketMaster. I noticed because when I was looking for tickets for one of the Detroit shows (that show being closest to Cleveland) I did come across some on TicketMaster that were pretty far back (I didn't buy those as I decided to go all in on getting something up close). Having said that, They're performing in Irving, Texas on my birthday and they're performing in LA (where my brother lives) on my brother's birthday but the inflated ticket prices for both shows combined with the cost of the flight (flights out of Cleveland to either of those places is pricey) COMBINED with the cost of getting of getting an AirBNB (at least for the Texas show) at best all add up to costs that are really hard for me to justify. Anyway, as for the Detroit shows, I'm going to the show on the 22nd and here's my seats:

Fgy6xbx.jpg

I'm so incredibly excited as seeing them live in a small venue like the Fox Theater seems like such a great experience. I remember watching all the videos people were posting back in 2009 of all of the theater shows they were doing and being very envious of those people because of how intimate the show seemed. Oh also, I've warmed up to Bad Witch a little since my previous post. I still think Trent's interviews about the album make it sound like "Old Man Yells At Cloud: The Album" but I've warmed up to it none the less.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Yeah, so I might be wrong but I think (at least for some venues) they eventually opened ticket sales to TicketMaster. I noticed because when I was looking for tickets for one of the Detroit shows (that show being closest to Cleveland) I did come across some on TicketMaster that were pretty far back (I didn't buy those as I decided to go all in on getting something up close). Having said that, They're performing in Irving, Texas on my birthday and they're performing in LA (where my brother lives) on my brother's birthday but the inflated ticket prices for both shows combined with the cost of the flight (flights out of Cleveland to either of those places is pricey) COMBINED with the cost of getting of getting an AirBNB (at least for the Texas show) at best all add up to costs that are really hard for me to justify. Anyway, as for the Detroit shows, I'm going to the show on the 22nd and here's my seats:

Fgy6xbx.jpg

I'm so incredibly excited as seeing them live in a small venue like the Fox Theater seems like such a great experience. I remember watching all the videos people were posting back in 2009 of all of the theater shows they were doing and being very envious of those people because of how intimate the show seemed. Oh also, I've warmed up to Bad Witch a little since my previous post. I still think Trent's interviews about the album make it sound like "Old Man Yells At Cloud: The Album" but I've warmed up to it none the less.

No offense, but I can't imagine seeing NIN that close and being in a seated area. I couldn't even stand seeing someone like James Blake in that sort of setting haha.

The show will be awesome though. I'm significantly more hyped for this tour than I have been for any other.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
No offense, but I can't imagine seeing NIN that close and being in a seated area. I couldn't even stand seeing someone like James Blake in that sort of setting haha.

The show will be awesome though. I'm significantly more hyped for this tour than I have been for any other.

I get what you're saying and I don't know about you but I'm in my 30s so standing around in GA at a concert sounds wholly unappealing to me at this point in my life. LOL

Sure nin crowds aren't super rowdy anymore like they were in the 90s but still, being able to sit (even though I have a feeling the crowd will stand for large chucks of the show) is a nice option to have. Also, it helps when you're 6'4" and have an isle seat. Being able to see the stage fully and clearly while sitting or standing absolutely won't be a problem for me (maybe it will be for the person behind me but there's not much I can do about that). Previously I've seen them at FYF fest (last year), Staples Center (Tension tour), The Q Arena (LITS) and The Wolstein Center (Tension tour) which were all pretty big venues but that Wolstein Center show was easily my favorite and I'm sure at least part of that was because the Wolstein Center isn't a huge arena (it's actually quite small as far as arenas are concerned). So the idea of seeing nin in such a small venue is extremely exciting to me.

Luschient

Oct 30, 2017
So the idea of seeing nin in such a small venue is extremely exciting to me.
Coolest place I ever saw NIN was at Stubbs BBQ in Austin during the with teeth era. It was like being in someone's backyard with around maybe a thousand people or so. Dresden Dolls opened and that was the only time I've picked up an opening band's album the very next day.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the first brooklyn show last night, they were outstanding as usual.
My seat was on the mezzanine but the venue is pretty small and laid out well, pretty much every seat would be good. I'm sure it's amazing to be in the pit there, and probably better sound, but I was still happy. I also like to show up right before they go on, I don't want to spend my whole day waiting for a good spot by the rail.

The peak of the set was I Do Not Want This into Perfect Drug. TPD is instantly one of their best live songs. It could have been a live staple since 1997 lol.
Really hoping for Happiness in Slavery tonight!

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Coolest place I ever saw NIN was at Stubbs BBQ in Austin during the with teeth era. It was like being in someone's backyard with around maybe a thousand people or so. Dresden Dolls opened and that was the only time I've picked up an opening band's album the very next day.
Nice, Stubb's is a great venue! Never saw NIN there, would love to though. I did see them at Southpark Meadows back in '95 or so, always liked that venue... now it's a shopping center :/

I ended up missing NIN at the Rivercity Rockfest last month, had an issue with some creep touching my kid... tried to walk away but he persisted and I may have put hands on him. We ended up leaving as it was a bit traumatic for my family. Can't really make the Irving shows so I guess I'll try again next time :(

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Saw the first brooklyn show last night, they were outstanding as usual.
My seat was on the mezzanine but the venue is pretty small and laid out well, pretty much every seat would be good. I'm sure it's amazing to be in the pit there, and probably better sound, but I was still happy. I also like to show up right before they go on, I don't want to spend my whole day waiting for a good spot by the rail.

The peak of the set was I Do Not Want This into Perfect Drug. TPD is instantly one of their best live songs. It could have been a live staple since 1997 lol.
Really hoping for Happiness in Slavery tonight!
And I got it + all of Broken (minus Pinion). Amazing.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else here going tonight and/or tomorrow?

I'm not but what songs are you hoping to hear? This tour they've been doing setlists of about 20 songs with Hurt, Head Like A Hole, God Break Down the Door, Shit Mirror, and Ahead of Ourselves being the only songs to pretty consistently be played at almost every show. I've been listening to nin since Pretty Hate Machine came out but I didn't REALLY get into them until The Fragile (I've appreciated Broken and TDS more in retrospect). The Fragile, With Teeth and Year Zero are my favorite albums so really, hearing anything off of those albums (especially stuff that doesn't get played much live) would be great! Three songs in particular that I would love to see: All the Love in the World, The Way Out is Through, and The Beginning of the End (a Hyperpower! intro leading into TBOTE would be amazing but not holding my breathe on any of this).

Kreizler

Oct 28, 2017
PVD
thepenguin55 I've had the pleasure of seeing them a bunch since 2000, so these two nights, other than any more possible "never played live before" debuts, I really want to hear Happiness In Slavery and The Perfect Drug this weekend.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
thepenguin55 I've had the pleasure of seeing them a bunch since 2000, so these two nights, other than any more possible "never played live before" debuts, I really want to hear Happiness In Slavery and The Perfect Drug this weekend.

That's awesome! My brother went to the Cleveland stop of the Fragility tour which I believe marked the debut of aperfectcircle. Also, I hope to hear those songs at the show I go to. Happiness in Slavery in particular

An EP for the "mid90s" is available now:

https://nin.lnk.to/mid90s

I didn't even know this was a thing. I'll have to check this out.