• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kreizler

Oct 28, 2017
PVD
Yeah, when they started Help Me I Am In Hell I knew it was coming and was so happy. Also, the new songs are great live. God Break Down the Door RIPS.

Kreizler

Oct 28, 2017
PVD
Hope we get TPD tomorrow. Also really want Burning Bright and some other of the EP set. And also anything The Fragile.

So, a lot.

Kreizler

Oct 28, 2017
PVD
The Mary Chain were on at 7:50 I believe. 12 son set or so. NIN were on 9:15-9:20 or so. I've been in my seat for about 10 minutes now. Always like catching the openers if I can.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I saw them Monday and they were amazing. A very amazing classic nin setlist. The setlist was all pre-With Teeth era stuff except for 4 tracks from Bad Witch. I went with a date and they had really only just started listening to nin in the past couple years (they got into them by researching a cover of the song Sin... I think her ex's band used to cover the song). The setlist was perfect for her as she has not listened to anything post The Fragile and PHM is her favorite nin album. While the setlist they played last night appeals to me as a With Teeth & Year Zero fan I'm really happy I went to the Monday show. Seeing The Perfect Drug live is incredible. In addition to that song and Bad Witch songs, the songs I had never seen live before were: The Day The World Went Away, Last, Something I Can Never Have*, and Suck.

The Day The World Went Away is one of my favorite songs ever so I lost my goddamn mind when I heard the intro. Last is awesome and super fucking hard hitting live (Happiness in Slavery & Physical are now the only Broken songs I haven't seen live). I had a asterisk next to Something I Can Never Have because I went to FYF Fest last year and they played that song there BUT this time the song wasn't drowned out by talking and the sound of garbage crunching. I've always really loved this song but have always felt like it's just a little bit longer than it needs to be and seeing it live kind of reaffirmed this as the crowd kind of died by the end of the song (they immediately got them back with Sanctified). Much like Last, Suck was fantastic and hard hitting live though I forgot about how they just abruptly end the song when they play it live so I initially was like "WTF?" when the song just went right into Gave Up. Anyway, the whole show front to back was amazing and easily the best they've sounded out of the handful of nin shows I've been to.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Facebook ads have gone too far

bKgW9oc.jpg

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone want a ticket for the Dec 7th show in LA for face value. My friend from out of town ended up not being able to make it.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
The score is out on various services. I have to say this score is on another level, it is very very good. I have yet to see the movie but I am enjoying the hell out of the score.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
Listened to that album countless times. My brother and I debated and ranked the top 10 NIN songs and we ended up with "Ruiner" at #1. Goddamn what an album

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Was just saying to some friends the other day that The Downward Spiral was the first thing I purchased with my very first pay from a part-time job, back in August 2003. I had a mixtape of various NIN songs that a friend's dad had given me a couple of years prior, but I made it my mission to buy this album the moment I had my own disposable income.

The Driver

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did y'all know that goofy ass Old Town Road country rap song that's in all those memes right now samples a Ghost song lmao.

I would love to know how Trent feels about the song 😂

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
As TDS is 25, that means the same can be said for Soundgarden's Superunknown, another 90's classic, too. What a day that was!

Jeffram

Oct 29, 2017
Listend to TDS again today. What a ride. What an Album.

Reminisced a bit about a loaning my iPod to a co-worker who's musical taste were Lady Gaga and Christian Folk Rock so she could listen to NIN for the first time.

She wasn't looking forward to it, just wanted to know what I was interested in.

And the answer to both of your questions is Yes.

PROh1bited

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cool thread from Rob Sheridan on the stuff he did for the 10th anniversary for TDS. He ended up taking a picture of the original art, but it had aged 10 years. Never even noticed.

zerosum

Oct 27, 2017
Ruiner is my favorite off the album.

It really does feel like the quintessential NIN tune from that era...

Listend to TDS again today. What a ride. What an Album.

Reminisced a bit about a loaning my iPod to a co-worker who's musical taste were Lady Gaga and Christian Folk Rock so she could listen to NIN for the first time.

She wasn't looking forward to it, just wanted to know what I was interested in.

And the answer to both of your questions is Yes.

I just gave it an uninterrupted, front to back listen for the 25th anniversary, it's been awhile since I've done that... And holy shit has this album aged perfectly. It's amazing how vital, alive, and relevant it still sounds.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017
Randomly had The Line Begins To Blur in my head this morning. That main riff still rips. Pretty nuts that album is so old now.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
What started off as me giving The Downward Spiral and the associated B-sides/remixes a full spin turned into another trek through the entire NIN discography again.

The Fragile remains my favourite of the lot, followed by The Slip and Hesitation Marks.

I still don't like Year Zero. I might one day make a playlist of swapping some of the tracks in from YearZeroRemixed to make something a bit more palatable, but at this point in time, I don't think it's ever going to click with me outside of Zero Sum.

The Background World remains the best moment of "The Trilogy".

Thank you for coming to my TRENT talk.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
For me, Hesitation Marks is the only NIN album that I couldn't get into. Tried and tried but finally accepted my fate and haven't listened to it again for a couple of years now.

It took me a little while to really find the right mental groove with it, and finding out it was a twenty-years-on sequel to The Downward Spiral helped it slot into place thematically. Various Methods Of Escape, I Would For You and In Two help make the second second half of the album one of my favourite run of NIN songs in the whole catalogue.

Menome

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Hesitation Marks, does anyone know how I can reacquire the Audiophile version? I had it downloaded at release when I ordered the Deluxe CD, as Amazon UK sent me a link to download it from nin.com, but I've accidentally deleted the original download and that email is now long-gone. Plus, I doubt the link would still be active these days anyway.

At the moment, I've tried contacting nin.com support, but they've said they can't help because the original order was from Amazon, even though Amazon never hosted the download themselves in the first place and I had to use nin.com.

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Hesitation Marks, does anyone know how I can reacquire the Audiophile version? I had it downloaded at release when I ordered the Deluxe CD, as Amazon UK sent me a link to download it from nin.com, but I've accidentally deleted the original download and that email is now long-gone. Plus, I doubt the link would still be active these days anyway.

At the moment, I've tried contacting nin.com support, but they've said they can't help because the original order was from Amazon, even though Amazon never hosted the download themselves in the first place and I had to use nin.com.
If you pm me I can try to (remember to) upload them to dropbox and shoot you a link...