• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

marcbret87

Apr 20, 2018
MS just keeps on winning with their backwards compatibility program, my temptation to get an Xbox One X grows more and more each day but I can't really justify getting one at this point in time when the next gen is just around the corner 😐

I haven't played any since the 1st game on the OG Xbox even though I own NG2 and Sigma 2, I'd say it's probably harder than the Soulsborne games, if my memory serves me correctly, the game was brutal, no checkpoints, no regen health, you die in a level, you start right back at the start, I tapped out on the 1st level 😂

I remember not being able to finish the first one, but got pretty far, though I did finish the 2nd one. I remember the game being pretty tough but when I got the scythe the game became much easier, but there was a section with lots of projectiles which was really annoying. Oh, and the Armadillo exploding at the end.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's still so amazing to me how easily you can just keep playing your old save thanks to their cloud save system. Like, this shouldn't be THAT easy. The games are just suddenly there, you click a button and then you can just play the save you created 10 years ago on a different console. Have to remind myself everytime how fricking awesome that really is.
MS have always been forward thinking when it comes to OS and services (even if it cost them the gen with X1), really makes jumping into old games feel like a next gen feature, despite being the same game we've played previously.

Night Terror

Feb 1, 2018
There's a staircase later in the game that has so many enemies on it that the 360 couldn't really handle it and killed the framerate.

I remember the comments of disappointment over various forums when Sigma 2 came out and this was one of the changes, less enemies in the stairs so the PS3 could run it.

Ah, feels like yesterday. Here's hoping this helps push for NG4.

Prine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if Phil trip to japan has anything to do with this, im hoping this is hinting at Itagaki coming onboard to Xbox Game Studio, with a competent local team and bundles of cash to make a game we all know he can.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still being told the game isn't available in my region on the website. I don't understand what's going on.

Ardiloso

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I would not expect to see people defending the trash Sigma 2 in 2019. I understand last gen because console wars and it was the only option for PS3 people so gotta fight. But there's no need to stretch yourself now to defend a ruined port of a great game.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
FUCK YES. Let's go! I will be playing this tonight when I get home from a work trip. I'm a weirdo who never really liked the first Xbox NG game but I love this game.

I would not expect to see people defending the trash Sigma 2 in 2019. I understand last gen because console wars and it was the only option for PS3 people so gotta fight. But there's no need to stretch yourself now to defend a ruined port of a great game.

I like Sigma 2 as a companion game to this game. I actually used the easier difficulties in Sigma 2 to basically build myself up to NG2 as I initially had a really hard time with NG2. Then once I cleared all the difficulties of NG2 I jumped back to Sigma 2 as some of Sigma 2's higher difficulties are insane. lol. Needless to say, Sigma 2 is kind of intertwined with my NG2 experience. Also, I enjoyed all of the Sigma 2 exclusive content.

Last edited:

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Just woke up and still not available digitally here. feels bad man

I do have a physical copy buried somewhere at my parents place but that's a few hours away. Smh

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Original 360 game was plagued with occasional FPS drops, but there was a particular area with a staircase absolutely cram packed with low level enemies that brought the FPS down into the single digits

Thing was it wasnt like a jerky frame rate. The whole game logic suddenly cut in half and everything was in slow motion. It was kinda cool.

benzy

Oct 25, 2017
this is highly exaggerated and factually wrong.

https://youtu.be/MA7Runk_lSc

which are fully intact in sigma?

Not really, there's actually only 4 enemies that spawn at one time on some encounters on mentor and master ninja. That video title is wrong. And it's using the same trick people did for the prepatch Xbox staircase where you force multiple multiple enemy spawn by just running through the level, legacy code that carried over.

If you play through NG2 the enemy spawn is double that for a spawn point in that area.

And different strokes. Ayane was one of the worst parts of Sigma 2.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with the extra characters was that they were padded content that you wanted to be over asap so you could keep kicking asses with Ryu.. It would have been much better if the game had let you play the whole campaign with the extra characters, like DMC does in 3 and 4 SE.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
this is highly exaggerated and factually wrong.

https://youtu.be/MA7Runk_lSc

which are fully intact in sigma?

yep, that was stupid

so they fixed it in sigma 2 plus, which has blood,gore,limbs and uncensored cutscenes

ayane plays great because she is even faster than ryu. its like turbo mode from devil may cry.

5 more shit bosses? the tengu brothers are one of the best bosses in the ninja gaiden series period. those statue fights were bad though

also they added online coop and chapter select for the story mode
Not really, there's actually only 4 enemies that spawn at one time on some encounters on mentor and master ninja. That video title is wrong. And it's using the same trick people did for the prepatch Xbox staircase where you force multiple multiple enemy spawn by just running through the level, legacy code that carried over.

If you play through NG2 the enemy spawn is double that for a spawn point in that area.

And different strokes. Ayane was one of the worst parts of Sigma 2.

This and he is also wrong about the gore. It's not as in the original NG2. Instead of the awesome blood splatter and stream effects, you only get some weak-ass misty clouds in Sigma 2.

Spartancarver

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The X1X has different modes? How bad is the performance in the resolution mode? I was kinda expecting a locked 4K60

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
The X1X has different modes? How bad is the performance in the resolution mode? I was kinda expecting a locked 4K60

You are given the option to render the game at the original 360 resolution like all 360 enhanced titles.

Slowdown but no framerate drops.... What do you think slowdown is lol?

There's a difference between dropped frames and a game running slowly. Think of a SNES platformer running slowly when a lot of sprites are displayed vs another title playing choppily as an explosion takes up most of the screen.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You are given the option to render the game at the original 360 resolution like all 360 enhanced titles.

There's a difference between dropped frames and a game running slowly. Think of a SNES platformer running slowly when a lot of sprites are on screen vs another title playing choppily as an explosion takes up most of the screen.
I never said dropped frames, but is the game still drawing frames more slowly on the screen leading to a lower overall framerate? Is this coded in a way to slow down at a predetermined rate as to prevent fps 'spikes'?

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
It's glorious. Makes me appreciate the level design for the large stages so much more after slogging through DMC5's very linear room to room progression in boring environments.

416201994659PM0bnq5c.png

416201994632PMcfofs0.png

416201994641PMr0wct1.png
Has Ryu been shirtless in any games? How is his upper body looking?

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow. XB1/X is much smoother, but you lose the Matrix mode that the 360 version has.

Video finishing a good 40 seconds faster on XB1 really drives the point home.

I never said dropped frames, but is the game still drawing frames more slowly on the screen leading to a lower overall framerate? Is this coded in a way to slow down at a predetermined rate as to prevent fps 'spikes'?

Just trying to explain what I thought the user was referring to where they made a distinction, but yes frames are still drawn slower when it occurs. NGII is likely built in a way where the world simulation is tied to framerate rather than being decoupled like many modern titles.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I recall the digital Red Dead Redemption maintaining a pretty high price after becoming BC, but frequently going on sale.
Hopefully it'll happen here too.

That's good to know. I still got a physical copy for 5 bucks until it goes on sale digitally. When that happens im buying it on my, my kid and nephews account. It's a piece of art. NGB is my fav game of all time and NG2 has the most satisfying combat imo. Still unmatched.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Video finishing a good 40 seconds faster on XB1 really drives the point home.

Just trying to explain what I thought the user was referring to where they made a distinction, but yes frames are still drawn slower when it occurs. NGII is likely built in a way where the world simulation is tied to framerate rather than being decoupled like many modern titles.

Oh my god I didn't even notice that it ended so much earlier.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't buy it in the Spanish store. It appears as an XBX enhanced game but it has no price.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Some cutscenes are in 30 fps? Or its just framerate drops?

Seems like it was uncapped but with bad performance on 360.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ninjagaiden2-faceoff-article

The reduced polygon count is most noticeable in some of the cut-scenes. Where the game directors have total control of the engine's polygon budget, we get to see the in-game engine at its very best, pumping out some insane levels of detail on Xbox 360. You can see that Team Ninja cut back where possible on PS3, and also introduced a v-synced 30FPS frame limit, whereas the 360 equivalents run without a limit (often running much slower than 60FPS).