• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Yeah they paired the enemies down a tad because guess what the vanilla version had performance issues. Also I totally refute the notion that more is better anyways. Ninja Gaiden isn't about quantity. Tecmo has a series for that its called Dynasty Warriors. I'd rather have a set of smaller better tuned enemies than just a swarm of enemies for no good reason. And over everything I'd rather take Sigma 2 because the underground section with the worms in Ninja Gaiden 2 vanilla is the worst segment in franchise history period and I'm including the entirety of Ninja Gaiden 3 in that. Its so bad. I don't know how anyone greenlit that.
NG2 was designed to have an overwhelming amount of enemies to fight. It emphasized the survival part of the encounters. In fact even the AI was deisgned to act as a group. Sigma 2 butched that. Yes they fixed the broken bosses but they copy pasted a bunch of NG 1 bosses in, that did not belong. Don't get me started with the toned down gore, completely stupid idea that they backed down from in Sigma 2 plus.

Skbzi

Jun 1, 2018
Katy, TX
Hi All,

Quick question. Would the enhancements apply to a Japanese copy of the game or is it strictly based on the US version? I think a Japanese copy would be easier to source in better condition.

Thanks.

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
Couple more screens from XboxDVR.

FIFA kwang said:
384d0dc2-0bdc-4a23-862d-50ce2cba391a.PNG
711fef57-2496-42f8-9743-af90ff0afcea.PNG

OP
OP
Dancrane212

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
So what's the best way to play this: resolution or performance (I'm on Xbox One x)?

Judging from the comparison video (game speed decreases with lower performance and both modes finish around the same time) you'll want to go with the enhancements. Performance mode is more of a backup option in case there are problems with the enhancements.

Hi All,

Quick question. Would the enhancements apply to a Japanese copy of the game or is it strictly based on the US version? I think a Japanese copy would be easier to source in better condition.

Thanks.

X enhancements should apply to all regions where the game is available.

Oct 27, 2017
Hi All,

Thanks.
Can confirm that the Japanese version is X Enhanced, as I just popped it in earlier, but like the poster above said, games are X Enhanced no matter what region the game is.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Is this game having the same problem with the inverted right stick like NGB?
You mean inverted horizontal?

You can choose to invert either axis or play with "normal" camera controls. I got used to the inverted horizontal in NGB, so I play it inverted in NGII too though. Nice how there's options you can set for both 1st person and 3rd person cameras. You can change it in-game too and don't have to back out to the main menu by pressing view/back while in-game (of course, there's an options menu at the title screen too)

vWmmVwU.jpg

Last edited:

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
So still can't get this on the US store? Guess I will look for a physical copy at a Gamestop around me.

There must be legal reasons for why this keeps happening with BC games but man it's really annoying. I'm just going to try and wait it out for it to become available digitally. I've gone all digital with BC games largely because physical copies basically just act as download keys which eliminates most of the reason why I personally would want a physical copy. Not to mention that prices for physical copies of 360 games often jump up when they're made compatible with X1.

My Razor's Edge copy is ready now to complete the trilogy

I'm with you. While even the Razor's Edge version of NG3 is rough in a lot of ways i love it despite hating vanilla NG3. NG3RE plays great and I really appreciate them trying to recapture the vibe of the NES NG games (even if it wasn't entirely successful). The story is still dumb as hell but I at least found the story to be more fun than the other two reboot NG games. Also I forget the NG3 composers name but he also composed the music for (I believe) NES NG3 and it shows. Of all the reboot NG games NG3 by far has the best soundtrack. Also NG3RE would really benefit from becoming BC as that game had some atrocious screen tearing.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
There must be legal reasons for why this keeps happening with BC games but man it's really annoying. I'm just going to try and wait it out for it to become available digitally. I've gone all digital with BC games largely because physical copies basically just act as download keys which eliminates most of the reason why I personally would want a physical copy. Not to mention that prices for physical copies of 360 games often jump up when they're made compatible with X1.

Yeah it's pretty damn annoying for sure. Good point on the physical BC versions only being a download key so I may wait as well, it's still showing 9.99 at Gamestop though so if I can at least find one for that price I may go ahead and get it. Still, you would think you would make sure a game is able to purchased by your largest purchasing region before making the announcement.

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017

Major Nelson said this would be fixed shortly without specifying if that meant a few hours, days, weeks, etc. seems weird that this wasn't sorted before the announcement

Robspassion

Jan 10, 2019
I´ve waited so excruciatingly long for this release and now it´s even enhanced. What a treat. Can´t even remember how I beat the boss back in 2008. What a great but also punishing game. Looking forward to give it a go on the X.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah it's pretty damn annoying for sure. Good point on the physical BC versions only being a download key so I may wait as well, it's still showing 9.99 at Gamestop though so if I can at least find one for that price I may go ahead and get it. Still, you would think you would make sure a game is able to purchased by your largest purchasing region before making the announcement.

Yeah, GameStop is usually pretty slow to react so you probably should jump at getting it for $10.

Also, did I read correctly that the digital version of this game will be $30? I don't mind paying that but that's pretty steep if true. Does the X1 version come with the dlc at least?

Mesharey

Dec 7, 2017
Kuwait
Man.. it's still amazing, the gameplay is probably the best ever in an action game (for me it is obviously XD).
So smoooth and looks really good, better than so many current gen games!

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Well one Gamestop had a physical copy in my area had them hold it so went and picked it up for 9.99 and it had an original case which I was hoping for. I also ended up getting Fable 2 and 3 for like $8 total so for $18 I got all 3. Not bad, especially since it looks like the digital cost for all 3 is like $70 lol.

Manac0r

Oct 30, 2017
UK
I know the game doesn't have HDR but playing on an OLED C7 the game is so crisp and stunning....the colours pop...framerate is silky smooth. This was a real Easter treat..... TY Microsoft.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone purchasing Ninja Gaiden 2 digitally yet. Here in the US still getting the message that it's not available.

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Wow - I guess I'm going to be replaying this.

What's the best way to replay NG3 if I was to go back through the full series?

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
Wow - I guess I'm going to be replaying this.

What's the best way to replay NG3 if I was to go back through the full series?
To play NG3RE and not NG3 :p
I guess every version is basically the same at this point. If you have a WiiU, some DLC is unlocked from the start and you can play in handheld mode. I believe it's on PS Now too, but why would you play an action game on this service. No BC on Xbox yet sadly.

tadale

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
To play NG3RE and not NG3 :p
I guess every version is basically the same at this point. If you have a WiiU, some DLC is unlocked from the start and you can play in handheld mode. I believe it's on PS Now too, but why would you play an action game on this service. No BC on Xbox yet sadly.
Thanks! I think I'm going to order the Wii U version. I played it at release on 360 but I barely remember it.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I made it to the final boss of this game years ago and could never beat it due to having no healing items left.

RedHotHero

Nov 24, 2017
I made it to the final boss of this game years ago and could never beat it due to having no healing items left.
Did the same. I think the game couldve had some more time in the oven- for balance, polish, etc. It's one of my favorite games out there- but it has some flaws to it for sure.

Very pleased it's finally BC. The game looked amazing before, looks even better now.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Lol, same. I got to the boss like... years and years ago and just could not beat the last boss. I was able to beat it finally like last year on easy (Acolyte), but I still couldn't beat him on Warrior when I got back there on that difficulty. All my items get eaten up by the "early parts" of that long drawn-out boss fight.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
The depth to the combat design is even better than I realized playing it originally. If you have a good handle on manuals in something like Killer Instinct, a lot of the advantages you can claw out in combat here feel based around it.

This game is still legitimately top-tier. I almost can't believe how it shines with the locked-down performance.

ericsp17

Oct 27, 2017
Did the same. I think the game couldve had some more time in the oven- for balance, polish, etc. It's one of my favorite games out there- but it has some flaws to it for sure.

Very pleased it's finally BC. The game looked amazing before, looks even better now.

Oh yeah 100% agree it needed some balancing and polish. It deserved its 81 MC score due to its flaws, even if its moment to moment gameplay might be my all time favorite. So, so close to greatness.

XrossExam

Nov 1, 2017
You're welcome everyone, I'm digital only now but I knew this would happen as soon as I went out of my way to get a physical copy lol

Glad I kept my complete physical copy after all these years.

Just booted it up on my X to see how it looked and wow, it really does look very clean, the textures and graphics obviously have aged but as an upscaled remaster it still is such a clean image and you still see details that were lost in the 360 version. My NG chops are terrible right now though, after coming off of Devil May Cry 5. Still though, having this game in my collection on my X has made this console a dream.

Last edited:

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
You're welcome everyone, I'm digital only now but I knew this would happen as soon as I went out of my way to get a physical copy lol
I couldn't be bothered to find my OG copy and just bought one off amazon for $18. I'd rather have had the digital but it was too late to cancel.

Man I've been wanting this to be backwards compatible for ages.

Tetra-Grammaton-Cleric

user requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm obviously in an alternate reality where NGII has finally been released on BC (with enhancements no less) and we have people asking about NG3. :)

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm obviously in an alternate reality where NGII has finally been released on BC (with enhancements no less) and we have people asking about NG3. :)

I can't speak for the others but we don't exactly have a lot of games like NG and we have no sequels to it this gen. I don't think anyone thinks it's as good as 1 and 2, but it would be nice to have.

Charsace

Chicken Chaser
Nov 22, 2017
Going to reinstall when I get home.

Has that place improved? Is it finally what it was meant to be?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I love the idea of someone demonstrating with a sign that says "
Going to reinstall when I get home.

Has that place improved? Is it finally what it was meant to be?

I haven't gotten to the stairway yet. If the first two chapters are any indication, the performance is [kisses fingers].

My "wow" moment was the first time you come to that waterfall inside the temple near the start of the game. On 360, that spot dropped like a rock in performance depending on the camera angle. Constant, smooth 60 fps on 1X, it feels so darned good.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Paid my 30. Gave away the disc long ago. Game holds up extremely well. My only complaint is the camera. Wish the right stick camera controls were more responsive.