• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think the game will have 120fps support?

• Yay

Votes: 145 63.9%
  • Nay

Votes: 82 36.1%

• Total voters

Raigor

May 14, 2020
EwWboUWXEAABDtb

Release date June 10th and there's a listing for "60+fps", maybe 120fps on Series X|S?

Achievement Lists:
www.trueachievements.com

Ninja Gaiden Σ Achievements

Full list of all 51 Ninja Gaiden Σ achievements worth 1,000 gamerscore. It takes around 60-80 hours to unlock all of the achievements on Xbox One.
www.trueachievements.com

Ninja Gaiden Σ2 Achievements

Full list of all 41 Ninja Gaiden Σ2 achievements worth 1,000 gamerscore. It takes around 50-60 hours to unlock all of the achievements on Xbox One.
www.trueachievements.com

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge Achievements

Here is the full list of all 48 Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge achievements worth 1,000 gamerscore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
This related to the Sigma re releases or the normal versions?

Give me that 120FPS murder 💉

Edit: yeah it is Sigma. RIP.

Jan 2, 2018
*Looking at my copy of OG Ninja Gaiden 2*
God,I love this game so much..I did played the Sigma version on PS3 which wasn't bad by any means ,just..ehh.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Really hope this has 3000G and isn't going to be the 3 games achievements crammed into 1000G (*cough* DMC HD Collection *cough*)

Sep 29, 2019
Less blood and adjusted enemy layouts in Sigma 2 made a lot of people real mad, even though NG2 was a super unbalanced, almost unplayable game at launch that NEEDED huge updates.
You can Google the changes. They just aren't as good. Still good. Just frustrating when they use inferior versions for no obvious reason.
Oh, i see. Weird they couldn't add some option to toggle on and off the changes they've made to the Sigma versions, or something of the sorts. I see both a lot of people complaining but also some people who like it/don't mind it. I'll be giving it a try when it comes out on the Switch

Oct 27, 2017
I think so far only an Asian region Switch version has been confirmed for physical. VideoGamePlus says they reached out to Tecmo and there won't be any NA or EU physical releases.

Well, fuck...

Just like Saga Frontier, too. I loved that Nintendo direct, but they were being super coy with physical availability. If that's the case, I'm sure PS4 will get an Asian release, but I'm guessing no chance at a Xbox import. Thanks for the info.

a glitch

Dec 12, 2018
I thought the poll was an obvious question but apparently 8 people don't want 120fps? Ok then.

Sigma or not, I'll probably pick this up if it comes to PC. Only played the original but I remember it being really fun.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
2MMOtUY.png

So much for platinum! UT: The Game isn't fun. The game has so many options... and that being a big focus ruins the stylishness of the game for me honestly. I want to swap weapons, look cool while beating ass with Lunar and then bust out the flails... etc.

Dyna

Nov 1, 2017
Finland
Less blood and adjusted enemy layouts in Sigma 2 made a lot of people real mad, even though NG2 was a super unbalanced, almost unplayable game at launch that NEEDED huge updates.
Has the original Ninja Gaiden 2 been updated since launch then? I played two chapters of it last month when it was still on Game Pass and it was difficult, sure, but nothing truly broken IMO and I am by no means a pro at this genre.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
Oh, i see. Weird they couldn't add some option to toggle on and off the changes they've made to the Sigma versions, or something of the sorts. I see both a lot of people complaining but also some people who like it/don't mind it. I'll be giving it a try when it comes out on the Switch
There is a lot more to it than what was mentioned. Fundamentally they are different games. Sigma 1 removes tons of puzzles, reworks missions and downplays the Metroidvania-esque aspects of the first game. Sigma 2 is borderline a ground-up remake in many cases.

Sigma 1 gets too much hate and while Sigma 2 certainly fixes a lot of the severe issues the base game had, it entirely nerfed the combat system to make it feel terribly unfun to people that loved the original. Both games have new content across the board, but much of it feels like padding.

Razor's Edge is just a straight up improvement in all regards, but cannot escape the fact that it is effectively a polished turd. I personally really like it though.

So much for platinum! UT: The Game isn't fun. The game has so many options... and that being a big focus ruins the stylishness of the game for me honestly. I want to swap weapons, look cool while beating ass with Lunar and then bust out the flails... etc.
The games are not really meant to be combo-centric. I do not think stuff like that would fit well in the game at all.

J75

Sep 29, 2018
I'm in for PC. Would've preferred the Black/OG NG2, but I'll take what I can get for the platform.

Valcrist

Tic-Tac-Toe Champion
Oct 25, 2017
There is a lot more to it than what was mentioned. Fundamentally they are different games. Sigma 1 removes tons of puzzles, reworks missions and downplays the Metroidvania-esque aspects of the first game. Sigma 2 is borderline a ground-up remake in many cases.

Sigma 1 gets too much hate and while Sigma 2 certainly fixes a lot of the severe issues the base game had, it entirely nerfed the combat system to make it feel terribly unfun to people that loved the original. Both games have new content across the board, but much of it feels like padding.

Razor's Edge is just a straight up improvement in all regards, but cannot escape the fact that it is effectively a polished turd. I personally really like it though.

The games are not really meant to be combo-centric. I do not think stuff like that would fit well in the game at all.
I was one of the people making combo videos back when NGB was boomin'. It works, and it works well. :) Using UTs for most fights gets boring quick. I don't really think "UTs only to get Master Ninja" is the most fun way to play. Just IMO.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
I legit would just want a proper Black remaster. NG2/3 or Sigma versions aren't that good.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Oh so no other improvements to visuals? That sucks because while Sigma 1 is mostly a graphical improvement over the original, the water was made worse and quite literally looks like PS2 water in some areas missing reflections and refractions.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
2MMOtUY.png

Yeah. I was all ready to be like easy peasy Platinum. Then I saw that and the challenges trophies. And even as a vet of the series who can beat all 3 games on Master Ninja I have to say fuuuuck that. Lol.

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like they removed having to complete all the trails in NGS2. I can finally platinum it after all these years lol.

I'm all for it.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone besides me still have the locations of all 50 golden scarabs memorized? Lol.

ShinAmano

Oct 30, 2017
Is there a list of differences between black and sigma?

Never played sigma because of word of mouth and black being so incredible.

Also black is 4k60 in bc mode so what is the benefit of sigma here?

Also does sigma include the hurricane packs?

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a list of differences between black and sigma?

Never played sigma because of word of mouth and black being so incredible.

Also does sigma include the hurricane packs?

Sigma differences:

3 new chapters where you play as Rachel with a new unique boss battle.

Improved graphics (except the water, as I mentioned above)

Some repeated bosses here or there.

Puzzles cut down or cut out.

Challenge warp portals removed

Different weapon upgrade system.

Some slight changes to a couple of area layouts.

New quick select menu

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Benefit of playing this would be to experience the game again from a different perspective while getting some new content.

It's really not as bad as everyone says. Sure Black is better but this isn't bad except for maybe the forced Rachel missions which should have been optional.

Can't remember if the hurricane packs are there but I think that all that content is there in some manner?

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I had figured they'd toss in the original games via backwards compatibility for Xbox pre-orders but it seems like that's not happening. Fine for me since I already own them but it'd be nice to at least offer that up.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sigma differences:

3 new chapters where you play as Rachel with a new unique boss battle.

Improved graphics (except the water, as I mentioned above)

Some repeated bosses here or there.

Puzzles cut down or cut out.

Challenge warp portals removed

Different weapon upgrade system.

Some slight changes to a couple of area layouts.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Benefit of playing this would be to experience the game again from a different perspective while getting some new content.

It's really not as bad as everyone says. Sure Black is better but this isn't bad except for maybe the forced Rachel missions which should have been optional.

Can't remember if the hurricane packs are there but I think that all that content is there in some manner?
This. The difference in quality wildly overblown. Sigma is still a worthy 3D Ninja Gaiden.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
The thing I noticed with 3 Razor's Edge is they removed the co-op ninja trial and clan battle achievements and the unknown ninja being required. Unknown ninja requires online play.

Which reminds me I need to finish mine for that trophy requirement on PS3.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm wondering if they'll have improved the camera for this release.

NGB has the old school sixth-gen camera where you just use right trigger to centre it, and the right stick only lets you look around from a static first person viewpoint, taking you out of the action.

It's the only thing I struggle with. The game itself still looks incredible, flawless even, on the X at 4k/60.

So if they've updated the camera mechanics for this release it'll certainly tempt me to pick it up, even though it's unfortunately Sigma rather than Black.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Wtf at the poll.. Why wouldn't you want 120fps support?!
I thought the poll was an obvious question but apparently 8 people don't want 120fps? Ok then.

Sigma or not, I'll probably pick this up if it comes to PC. Only played the original but I remember it being really fun.
Oh come on, the poll quite literally asks if you think it will have 120 FPS support. Absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you want it.

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
They should have went all out and combined our offered the different versions... There's still no way to try NG1 with intercept without having a OG Xbox with the DLC.
That's also horrible to have players master the Master Ninja difficulty to get the full achievement points...
Anyone else think it's strange that they took out the online modes here, but the online pass is still available for NG3RE (on 360 at least) This series is literally available twice on Xbox now.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
They should have went all out and combined our offered the different versions... There's still no way to try NG1 with intercept without having a OG Xbox with the DLC.
That's also horrible to have players master the Master Ninja difficulty to get the full achievement points...
Anyone else think it's strange that they took out the online modes here, but the online pass is still available for NG3RE (on 360 at least) This series is literally available twice on Xbox now.

Sigma 1 and 2 were not available on Xbox.