• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I see this as a stupid move. Even if MS is paying him big

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I can't believe it took MS so long to make this play finally. I have no idea what the outcome will be. Does Ninja lose his whole audience or is Mixer's about to blow up?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that was unexpected. Does Mixer have comparable ways to receive money from your viewers or is it just that Microsoft is fronting him with loads of cash to switch?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft even moneyhatting streamer now - hope Ninjas upcoming book will be free via GamePass as well.

lol

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
how much you guys think he got? i'm thinking like 2 years of projected earnings lol

TYRANITARR

Oct 28, 2017
Whew, I was worried he would become Epic Games Store exclusive!

... I actually think this is a huge loss for Mixer. Most of his audience are just kids, they aren't going to follow him over.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
good luck i guess, i don't expect most of his audience to follow over considering how huge twitch is but ok

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Okay Mixer better not become the EGS of streaming

(Side note: Does everyone else keep misspelling Mixer as "Mixr")

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It feels like Mixer has been in a position to firmly compete with Twitch for awhile now, and this seems like the first shot across the bow.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
This is huge for Mixer. I don't even watch Ninja or many streamers in general, but I'm interested to see how this will play out.

Trickster

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Even though this is obviously only due to a huge bag of money from MS, I still think this is only a good thing. Twitch's monopoly is bad for everyone, so if MS moneyhats enough people to use mixer instead and turn it into a decent alternative, I'd be all for it

Galava

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
This is the equivalent of Ronaldo leaving Madrid fo Juventus of the gaming world isn't it?

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good to hear Microsoft wants their platform to be the one people go to for heated gaming moments

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of money that must have went into this move...

Also... Imagine if the Inside Xbox people where let go, because of this. lol