• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
They have to fund Melina Juergens campaign for President of the World somehow.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
I had previously worked as a Games Analyst at Microsoft Game Studios.

Among the titles i worked on, a number of them were single player (Quantum Break, Scalebound, ReCore).

It's not unusual to have games analysts working on single player titles.

Figured this. Great to hear it from someone who was actually in the position.

Last edited:

Rami Seb

Banned
Sep 28, 2018

As a "subscription" this would technically eliminate most games as a GaaS. Wow charges a subscription for the game itself, the only subscription I pay for on consoles aren't tied to any specific game ei XBL, GamePass, PSN

Wouldn't this eliminate most games as a GaaS since only a few charge a subscription for the actually game itself? Mostly MMO's

" "on-demand software""
Wouldn't any game that can be digitally downloaded by a SaaS/GaaS?

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
Destiny has a full-time live team and ships content continuously, despite using the packaged model for it's releases. Destiny is most definitely GaaS, and any definition that excludes it has issues.

I guess you could argue that the season pass is a subscription, just one that doesn't automatically renew, but it's the automatic renewal that is so attractive to publishers.