• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Elixist

Oct 31, 2017
i like it. respect for trying something different. animations look really good and there is some inventive design in there.

Proven

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I'm expecting a lot of

"MS had the chance to completely blow away an audience considering Sony wasn't there. Luckily for Sony, MS tripped over themselves 😎" type posts Sunday

Salty Rice

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pancake City
Meh. Multiplayer games with weirdo characters are not my jam.

So many do this kind of artstyle nowadays.

Sucks that it leaked though especially so close before the show.

jacks81x

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NYC
How did this leak though

That is the inherent risk of doing a big live show. Multiple people (both internal and external) have to know ahead of time to put together the presentation, rehearsals have to be done, etc. The more people that know about this, the more likely leaks occur.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Except it's really expensive to make a game. If you think a company would put all that investment on something like that just to appeal to a specific potential buyer you're delusional.
A project doesn't enter full production immediately. At the time they were negotiating with MS they probably just had a prototype made by a relatively small team

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
The only reason I'm even going to look at this game is because it's Ninja Theory. If it was just a random dev this wouldn't be on my radar at all.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
MS owns them. MS has a lot to do with this. That doesn't have to mean "MS is forcing them to make this because all they care about is service games!", but it also doesn't have to swing so wildly in the other direction.

No they don't. When Microsoft purchased them, they were promised full creative freedom. Ninja wanted to make this, Microsoft won't say no. It would be a shitty thing to do and say oh yea no Ninja your not making a Multiplayer game we want single player. You'll burn a lot of bridges with that.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
What's wrong with fans of their previous games wanting more SP?
It's what they're known for after all.
It isn't hard to understand why some are disappointed, me included.

So you want them to just churn out the same thing every time? It's like the Blur vs Oasis thing. Oasis just kept doing the same thing over and over, becoming so boring. Blur and Damon Albarn in particular made some mad experimental stuff but come out of it much more respected as an artist.

In any event, I thought it was common knowledge this was what they were doing. It's been known for a while they were making a multi-player brawler. I just think people were in denial.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
Not very interested in this but I think a great single player game won't be too far away from them

Qudi

Jul 26, 2018
THIS👏GAME👏HAS👏BEEN👏IN👏PLANNING👏/👏DEVELOPMENT👏SINCE👏2014👏WHICH👏IS👏FOUR👏YEARS👏BEFORE👏MICROSOFT👏BOUGHT👏NINJA👏THEORY👏
Doesnt change the fact that people wanted something similar like Enslaved or Hellblade. A single player game from NT what they are known of.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have any examples of this kind of game? I'm trying to think of another 4 v 4 brawler.
Multiplayer hero games are really hit or miss in success, just look at the plethora we've gotten over the past 5 years and how many survived. I think only Overwatch/Paladins/For Honor seem to have survived or done exceptionally well.

I think the game will do well thanks to game pass but without it, probably would do quite bad unless it was f2p and even then would have been tricky.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
man usually i love what ninja theory does but this looks like battleborn or some other discount overwatch

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
No they don't. When Microsoft purchased them, they were promised full creative freedom. Ninja wanted to make this, Microsoft won't say no. It would be a shitty thing to do and say oh yea no Ninja your not making a Multiplayer game we want single player. You'll burn a lot of bridges with that.

MS is owner/publisher. This game wouldn't be happening if MS wasn't supportive of it. Full stop. To say "MS has nothing to do with this game" is ridiculous. It's a wild overreaction to some of the shit posting in this thread.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
A project doesn't enter full production immediately. At the time they were negotiating with MS they probably just had a prototype made by a relatively small team
Bro if you aren't even going to read the OP then why even? This game has been in dev since 2014. MS Acquired them what a year, maybe a little more ago. You're telling me they put resources on this in 2014 to maybe be bought out by MS 4 years late. Can I borrow your tin foil hat?

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Those character designs and the art style are vomit inducing.

Also the developer of games where you can visually see input lag is making a game like this? Hah. I'm sure it'll be great.

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California
Multiplayer hero games are really hit or miss in success, just look at the plethora we've gotten over the past 5 years and how many survived. I think only Overwatch/Paladins/For Honor seem to have survived or done exceptionally well.

I think the game will do well thanks to game pass but without it, probably would do quite bad unless it was f2p and even then would have been tricky.

If it's anything like For Honor I could see it doing really well. The biggest things will be how it feels to play and it's loot progression model.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Why all these pre-emptive persecution complexes? Come on, son. These kind of MP games appeal to an audience that is represented rather poorly on ResetERA. It's fine, not everyone has to like it.

If they leaked a Ninja Theory trailer of a big RPG or single-player title, people would have went nuts in here. Don't make everything into console wars.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Eh it started floating around at NT since 2014 so just give em a pass and wait for their next game if it doesn't appeal.

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
MS is owner/publisher. This game wouldn't be happening if MS wasn't supportive of it. Full stop. To say "MS has nothing to do with this game" is ridiculous. It's a wild overreaction to some of the shit posting in this thread.
I see what you're saying here. I think their argument is that bottom line this isn't a multiplayer game because of MS, but yes MS has something to do with the game for sure.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Damn, i really thought that they were gonna do some kind of AAA single player game.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
Sunday is going to be full of trolling, downplaying and ridiculous amounts of salt. With Sony not doing a show people are going to crack up.

As for Bleeding Edge - I quite like the character designs but this game is going to be all about how it plays. Ninja Theory are going to have to nail that aspect.
Oh. There will be a lot of trolling, downplaying and ridiculous amounts of salt. What do you expect? Sony isn't having a conference. Trolls will be out in full force trying to do what they do best. Lmao. Anyway hope MS puts out a great show for Xbox fans.

I'm expecting a lot of

"MS had the chance to completely blow away an audience considering Sony wasn't there. Luckily for Sony, MS tripped over themselves 😎" type posts Sunday
Lmao. Very true.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I wish MSFT focused on SP experience games but this game looks so rad, I'm actually excited for this.

Kokoro

Jan 23, 2019
France
I'm playing Hellblade at the moment and I don't know how you can go from the beautiful art direction of Hellblade to this. The character design is clearly not for my taste.
I'm also disappointed it's a multiplayer game, I wish they had made a single player game like Hellblade...

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Man that looks so good! The stylized visuals are right up my alley and, based on that alone, already much more appealing than For Honor. Can't wait!

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I hate E3 leaks! Hate them! It's unfair for the developers and publishers and it loses that hype from being introduced on stage.
Not what I was expecting next from them, specially after the more intimate, art-housy experience of hellblade. This is not my thing and I was intrigued by what they would do next, specially as an xbox exclusive. But it can succeed with the right marketing and update plan, even though I feel like I've seen those characters so many times before.
And I'm betting that this is a smaller and quicker to launch project, but that they are working on something bigger.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Artstyle is all over the place and totally not my cup of tea. Big yikes from me. I also didn't expect a multiplayer game from the makers of Hellblade of all things.
They are also the makers of Kung fu Chaos, Enslaved, and DmC. Which really shows is that they are not afraid to try different new things, which is basically what everyone here was saying that wanted them to do.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I feel really bad for the devs that this leaked. Selfishly though, I'm OK with it because this would have been a really disappointing reveal. So now I don't have to be upset during the conference itself.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Despite not digging the art style very much, HELL YEAH! I have been waiting for someone to make a melee OW-like, and I trust Ninja Theory to nail it. I'll prolly get used to the garish visuals if the gameplay delivers.