• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I'm playing Hellblade at the moment and I don't know how you can go from the beautiful art direction of Hellblade to this. The character design is clearly not for my taste.
I'm also disappointed it's a multiplayer game, I wish they had made a single player game like Hellblade...
That's the beauty of them having multiple teams working on wildly different projects. I wasn't a big fan of Hellblade, but this looks right up my alley. There's a good chance at least one of their other teams is working on a game more suited to your tastes.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
I usually really enjoy NT stuff, but this isn't for me. It probably plays really well, but I'm not a multiplayer guy.

Also, this thread is embarassing. I hope the mods really buckle down on the bullshit Sunday, or it's going to be a very long E3.

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
MS is owner/publisher. This game wouldn't be happening if MS wasn't supportive of it. Full stop. To say "MS has nothing to do with this game" is ridiculous. It's a wild overreaction to some of the shit posting in this thread.

I never said Microsoft has nothing to do with it, my post was to state that they are willing to let them do whatever they want. Whether its multiplayer or Single Player, Microsoft will be supportive of it regardless cause that is what they promised them. How would that look to Ninja if Microsoft says since we are the publisher you will prioritize Single Player and not Multiplayer or Vice Versa?

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Doesnt change the fact that people wanted something similar like Enslaved or Hellblade. A single player game from NT what they are known of.
But the goal is the studio to make the games they want. You can't have it both ways. If the studio has creative freedom it's bound to displease some of the fans every time they try something new

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks really good. But damn, a shame this leaked

Why? How exactly does spoiling a massive corporate entities carefully crafted reveal plan affect anyone other then the marketing people? This idea that leaks before E3 are bad drives me nuts. If anything getting out before the show gives them more time in the spotlight.

Oct 25, 2017
I really like their story driven games, so I hope they have something in the pipeline in that style as well, but what I see here looks pretty damn cool.

Nov 14, 2017
I feel really bad for the devs that this leaked. Selfishly though, I'm OK with it because this would have been a really disappointing reveal. So now I don't have to be upset during the conference itself.

It amazing people are saying the game not good, based off a choppy video. Overwatch was one of the most popular games when it launched.

Nov 11, 2017
Why? How exactly does spoiling a massive corporate entities carefully crafted reveal plan affect anyone other then the marketing people? This idea that leaks before E3 are bad drives me nuts. If anything getting out before the show gives them more time in the spotlight.
Generally I agree but this shit has no sound and a shit quality this probably the worst way to have your product leaked

FusedAtoms

Jul 21, 2018
This definitely isn't all ninja theory is working on ,right? the hellblade team was smaller and a separate thing in the studio I thought. Maybe they'll have a trailer for something they're working on

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I like it. I dig the art style and the combat seems solid based on what's shown. I imagine it'd be a fun time.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Another ensemble game with like 2 ethnic characters?

I need a better trailer to confirm, but I see the pacific big guy and a black girl with a mask or something?

They need to do better IMO but I'll wait for the full reveal

Paches

Oct 25, 2017
I always find online melee focused games to be generally clunky and clumsy. Not too much interest so far.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
I never said Microsoft has nothing to do with it, my post was to state that they are willing to let them do whatever they want. Whether its multiplayer or Single Player, Microsoft will be supportive of it regardless cause that is what they promised them. How would that look to Ninja if Microsoft says since we are the publisher you will prioritize Single Player and not Multiplayer or Vice Versa?

Post I quoted (from someone else) said "Microsoft has nothing to do with this", my response to that was "as publisher and owner of the developers, MS has a lot to do with this" and you quoted me and said "no they don't" and here we are.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man, out of anything they could do they make a 4vs4 brawler? Hype completely deflated.
I'm assuming that they've got more than one project in the works. This one is likely still a hold-over from when they were struggling to find publishers and trying to appeal to mainstream AAA tastes. They're probably also working on something along the lines of Hellblade (either a sequel or a completely new short-ish narrative-driven game) but it'll still be too early to show that off.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
There are presumably people who worked on the game who were excited to announce their hard work. Huge said on Twitter that the heads were supposed to come out and present it. Do you think they're super fucking thrilled that it leaked? Do you think they're going to be as psyched to go out there and share their work on Sunday when they know everyone has already seen and shit all over it? Come on.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
A multiplayer 4v4 with the mechanics of an action game seems pretty neat but I'm not surprised at all that Era hates it based on a leaked trailer lol.

I would hate to be in a position where my fanbase expected only one specific type of game for the rest of all time.

qa_engineer

Dec 27, 2017
A mix between SSB and For Honor but with cartoony art style (Overwatch). I'm ok with that.

Edit: For Honor is a fun game but some of the players are way too sweaty, toxic, and are cancerous as fuckkkkkk

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It amazing people are saying the game not good, based off a choppy video. Overwatch was one of the most popular games when it launched.
There's a difference between saying a game isn't good and saying a game isn't to your tastes. If you just generally don't like multiplayer games, for example, this announcement may be a disappointment to you regardless of the game's actual quality.

ezekial45

Oct 25, 2017
The game looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I understand that people are upset that this is a multiplayer game, but it doesn't excuse all this hostility. Like god damn, get a grip.

I really want NT to really have a big hit on their hands. I don't know if this will be it, but it looks like a fun brawler game, and I want to see them succeed with it.

And yes, NT has other projects in store. So chill the hell out people.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is my cup of tea but every melee focused multiplayer brawler has been lacking in the past.
I definitely want to try the technical alpha though... DmC was a fave of mine

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass absolutely needs a game like this which has a significant revenue-producing (cosmetic microtransaction) potential.
Not really remember gamepass is already the returning revenue. I mean look at Sea of Thieves. Doesnt have any MTX at all as other games.
Joe Neat lead producer talked about that. That success and income is more to MS then just sales or post launch revenue. Gamepass is already good, you using Xbox live, you using Mixer is already "paying for stuff"

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the guy with the white face paint and the devil horns also isn't white. Basing this purely on the shape of his nose, though, so who knows.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Bro if you aren't even going to read the OP then why even? This game has been in dev since 2014. MS Acquired them what a year, maybe a little more ago. You're telling me they put resources on this in 2014 to maybe be bought out by MS 4 years late. Can I borrow your tin foil hat?
games are usually in pre-development for years

sometimes longer in pre-development than in full-scale development

the deal with microsoft was likely negotiated as early as a year before it was announced. that'd be around the time i'd expect a small team to have cranked out an enticing prototype / vertical slice

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Definitely hoping this is just a side project and they're working on something else too, but it ain't ready to be shown just yet.

Nov 14, 2017
There's a difference between saying a game isn't good and saying a game isn't to your tastes. If you just generally don't like multiplayer games, for example, this announcement may be a disappointment to you regardless of the game's actual quality.

The name of the title and the game details were leaked ages ago this is no surprise unless you lived under a rock. If it's not your taste don't comment. You just spoiling everyone else enthusiasm for the game to have a rant.

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
Damn, was really hoping Ninja Theory would be the start of Microsoft's single player game focus

Mega1X

The Fallen
Jun 4, 2018
Post I quoted (from someone else) said "Microsoft has nothing to do with this", my response to that was "as publisher and owner of the developers, MS has a lot to do with this" and you quoted me and said "no they don't" and here we are.

Ok, now im confused.

Microsoft has nothing to do with the game being made was in terms of the game was made before Microsoft. So technically yes they have nothing to do with it. Since Microsoft bought them, they are involved in the game via the money they are offering. My point was, in terms of decisions of whether to make Single or Multi, Microsoft will be happy to offer anything to Ninja regardless, so really any decisions made of the game, are i would say a huge percentage of it is Ninja's decision.