• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Y'all really need to come out and just admit that you see MP games as inherently worth less than SP ones.

Zeta Ori

Oct 25, 2017
NY
Go look in the death Stranding thread or any sony exclusive for the last 10 or 15 years or so. You see the same code words in every game's thread. It's hilarious too me now.

Yes but the overwhelming majority of the thread for death standing is hype and people genuinely excited for the game where as this thread by comparasion is filled with a much more negative type posts and posts expressing genuine excitement seem to be the exception rather than the rule.

Or to put it more bluntly, there are enough people in that thread with positivity that they shape the thread in a much more positive direction than here, simply because they outnumber the amount of people who are negative significantly. Where as here, the negativity has flat out dominated every aspect of the discussion.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
I think these designs look pretty amazing tho. Alot of detail went into it. Designers probably had the time of their live.

12lje4.png
24hkze.png
33xjmy.png
4iek0f.png
5orkvj.png
6rajmt.png
7uojqt.png
8jvj0k.png
Of course they are. These look really good.

ByWatterson

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Y'all really need to come out and just admit that you see MP games as inherently worth less than SP ones.

It's not that.

It's that a GAAS is not what Microsoft is missing from its roster, and not why Sony is dominating. Exclusives should be things that may not be the most profitable, but the things that make a console worth owning.

This will be fine, maybe even great. But it's not what we were hoping for.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
It's not that.

It's that a GAAS is not what Microsoft is missing from its roster, and not why Sony is dominating. Exclusives should be things that may not be the most profitable, but the things that make a console worth owning.

Gass isn't a genre. MS doesn't have an abundance of 4v4 brawlers on their console. I get that Sony has a lot of well received SP games, but Ninja Theory putting out a MP game isn't a sign that MS isn't interested in improving this aspect of their catalog.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
It's not that.

Great multiplayer exclusives absolutely make a console worth owning just as much as great single player games. MS' problem this gen wasn't a lack of great single player exclusives, it was a lack of great games in general. It's looking like the end of this gen and the start of next gen are going to be much better for them.

Nov 12, 2017
He has to be banned cause he doesn't like the look of a game? But, yea.. they should do something about your backseat modding instead. And you had the nerve of calling someone else a warrior, lol.
Don't know if u did read what he wrote....and im not backseat modding anything ..that post was a bad one implying Ms moved the direction of the studio in a game under development from 2014 ...just in this year after the acquisition .....what he wrote is a fud narrative that need to be cutted as fast as possible.

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Thats a way to dismiss platform warring.
Dude wasn't even platform warring as far as I can tell.. he just didnt like the look of bleeding edge and kylesomething wanted him banned. The mods are in full effect and dont need a backseat driver.

I find it hilarious that he wanted to punish someone for an opinion, but whatevs.
I don't dismiss platform warring, but I dont mod it either.

You cant stop platform warring.. you cant. Its naive to even think that you can.

Edit: at the time that read those statements, it looked like bullying to me. But if dude was spreading fud, fuck em.

Apologies if I misread.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
Whole lot of confirmation bias ITT. Based on a one dimensional narrative of Xbox and Ninja Theory's past games.

Firefly

Jul 10, 2018
Conference thread is really gonna be special isn't it? This is just a leak and MS is announcing 14 games and Sony has no conference. Oh boy.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
I find this game to be really intriguing. I'm honestly shocked at some of the commentary around the artsyle- I think it looks fantastic.

The animations and moves look great too. I'm a big fan of shooters, so coming from that and thinking of the possibilities in a team based brawler has got my mind rolling. The world definitely needs fighting games.

I hope this has some deep training modes and interesting stages.

Conference thread is really gonna be special isn't it? This is just a leak and MS is announcing 14 games and Sony has no conference. Oh boy.

Holy shit, I didn't realize the implications until just now....

Its going to be a shitshow huh?

Its funny reading the comments here calling this game a shallow cash grab despite multiple publishers passing on this pitch because games in this genre rarely sell many copies.

Last edited:

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
Ninja theory should stick to story, that's what they can do well.
They never made a game with good gameplay so far.

Oct 26, 2017
I'll very excited to see real gameplay of this. If their alpha is only for Xbox, that then might get me to hook it back up again.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Well after seeing the proper trailer I'm even more unhype. I didn't see a single character design that I liked.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Well after seeing the proper trailer I'm even more unhype. I didn't see a single character design that I liked.

Man, I think the characters are a strong point. Gizmo and Mika are my favorites, but Overall, I think they've done a great job in this department.

Most importantly, the animations look silky smooth and the moves seem varied and interesting, especially from a cooperative perspective.

I can't wait to see more

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I think it's real dumb they apparently didn't let people do direct capture of gameplay for this game at E3. I'm really curious about it and I don't hate the art style and look of the characters like it seems most people do.

Mr. Bloodworth had some impressions for the Easy Allies podcast (timestamped)

and I saw some other video but it was in Spanish and off-screen capture. I know there's an alpha later this month but I'm really hoping to hear more about this game soon.

I asked Shane Satterfield to check it out on Twitter when he roams the E3 floor so hopefully I can get some more impressions from that.

Spinluck

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
I think it looks fantastic, I'm just super skeptical when it comes 3D brawlers. I feel like they are never really mechanically sound and balanced.

Thus they end up not having staying power. Hopefully team based mechanics can offset some of my concerns and perhaps that will be their way of balancing it.