• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hzsn724

Nov 10, 2017
Pretty shocked this is Ninja Theory. I don't see their DNA at all in this. Damn shame it leaked.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
The name of the title and the game details were leaked ages ago this is no surprise unless you lived under a rock. If it's not your taste don't comment. You just spoiling everyone else enthusiasm for the game to have a rant.

People are free to post and comment if they don't like a games direction. These threads don't have to exist to protect people's enthusiasim

SublimeAnarky

Oct 27, 2017
Copenhagen, Denmark
games are usually in pre-development for years

sometimes longer in pre-development than in full-scale development

the deal with microsoft was likely negotiated as early as a year before it was announced. that'd be around the time i'd expect a small team to have cranked out an enticing prototype / vertical slice

Wait, please correct me if i'm misreading something here -

So MS bought NT because NT (who wanted to be bought to keep the lights on and knew that MP GaaS games turned MS 'on') showed them they were capable of the MP GaaS life that MS is all about?

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
For everyone surprised by us writing off the game based on a leaked trailer: it's because we don't like that type of game at all, and were hoping for something much different. I don't even need a trailer to know I won't like it - just the genre.

LabRat

Mar 16, 2018
why does eeeevery dev that wants to do a character based multiplayer game jump on blizzards dick? i watched the trailer again and some of those characters are literally 1:1 copies. combine that with the artstyle and wth? this coming from ninja theory is especially disappointing as their games look very unique. but this, come on man, i expected something more creative for their first xbox game

panda-zebra

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Sad it leaked but now it has I'm defo not interested in it.
After Hellblade that could well flop sales wise imo.
Do you think this will be a game that you can buy? To me, kinda looks like something they'd have exclusive to gamepass or even f2p and revenue to be via cosmetics. It'll need a lot of players and to retain them to maintain healthy 4vs4.

Harlequin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The name of the title and the game details were leaked ages ago this is no surprise unless you lived under a rock. If it's not your taste don't comment. You just spoiling everyone else enthusiasm for the game to have a rant.
That wasn't the point of my post. I was merely pointing out that the person you were replying to never claimed the game was bad, merely that they were disappointed with it.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
A multiplayer 4v4 with the mechanics of an action game seems pretty neat but I'm not surprised at all that Era hates it based on a leaked trailer lol.
Same. but then again who is Era? Don't generalise a vocal minority or those who don't even realise this game has been in development for a while with those who actually own an Xbox and are looking forward to playing the game.
They are also the makers of Kung fu Chaos, Enslaved, and DmC. Which really shows is that they are not afraid to try different new things, which is basically what everyone here was saying that wanted them to do.
This.

Last edited:

Remeran

Nov 27, 2018
Wait, please correct me if i'm misreading something here -

So MS bought NT because NT (who wanted to be bought to keep the lights on and knew that MP GaaS games turned MS 'on') showed them they were capable of the MP GaaS life that MS is all about?
seems to be what he is saying yea. I wish i had the type of foresight the nija theory owners clearly has in this scenario.

Nov 11, 2017
Don't people not realize ninja theory has 3-4 teams and this isn't made by the same team that did hell blade 😄😄. This actually looks really good , like anarchy reigns on steroids

Dr Pears

Sep 9, 2018
again, ninja theory has 3 teams
I know, but was waiting the whole gen for microsoft to finally show a huge budget AAA single player game this gen and was really hoping Ninja Theory would finally do it.

(Microsoft has weak single player presence) + (Ninja theory has strong single player experience) = (The perfect fit)

Ah well, gotta wait some more.

Maybe Fable 4.

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so they made anarchy reigns

but with even more garish and awful character designs...

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Not my cup of tea in the slightest but hey, they wanted to do this for a long time so i'm happy for them.

Plus i'm sure they'll get a chance to try another story driven game for Scarlet

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Why? How exactly does spoiling a massive corporate entities carefully crafted reveal plan affect anyone other then the marketing people? This idea that leaks before E3 are bad drives me nuts. If anything getting out before the show gives them more time in the spotlight.

Developers also love surprising people and hoping to get a good response for the project they've worked so long and hard for.

Leaks like this ruined that feeling.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
Ew.

That is... quite the step down from Hellblade. Like, a step sideways straight off a balcony.

Oh well. Maybe it'll be a good microtransaction vector. Wouldn't that be just swell?

Of Machines

Jun 30, 2018
Post I quoted (from someone else) said "Microsoft has nothing to do with this", my response to that was "as publisher and owner of the developers, MS has a lot to do with this" and you quoted me and said "no they don't" and here we are.
[/QUOT
What I meant is MS had nothing to do with Bleeding Edge being an online game

xianren

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
User Warned: Platform Warring
Microsoft acquires Ninja Theory = MP focused 2 : The Revenge of Multiplayer, PvP 2: PvPvPvPvP, GaaS 2: 2 Fast, 2 GaaS

If Sony had accquired them = DmC 2, Enslaved 2, Heavenly Sword 2, Hellblade 2: Senua's Resurrection.....

yeahh...goodbye Ninja Theory

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I know, but was waiting the whole gen for microsoft to finally show a huge budget AAA single player game this gen and was really hoping Ninja Theory would finally do it.

(Microsoft has weak single player presence) + (Ninja theory has strong single player experience) = (The perfect fit)

Maybe Fable 4.

well they have Halo, Gears, Fable, whatever obsidian, inxile, compulsion, ninja theory hellblade team are working on. they just got these guys in the last year, why the expectation of immediate payoff when next gen is right around the corner and a lot of these guys are finishing projects already contracted/whatnot. stuff is coming. i wouldn't worry about it.

Microsoft acquires Ninja Theory = MP focused 2 : The Revenge of Multiplayer, PvP 2: PvPvPvPvP, GaaS 2: 2 Fast, 2 GaaS

If Sony had accquired them = DmC 2, Enslaved 2, Heavenly Sword 2, Hellblade 2: Senua's Resurrection.....

they've been working on this for years ffs... we have seen concept videos before and heard rumors of it BEFORE they were bought out

why is everyone shitposting?

EnvyMKII

Nov 3, 2017

If Sony acquired them, they would have released the same game... it's been in development since 2014, well before their acquisition.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Lmao. Very true.

Same. but then again who is Era? Don't generalise a vocal minority or those who don't even realise this game has been in development for a while with those who actually own an Xbox and are looking forward to playing the game.

This.

Era consists of the users who post on this site, the majority seeming to have a negative, "I'll never touch" this response to the game so far because it's not Hellblade 2 or a third person single player linear experience with action elements.

You're fair in saying I shouldn't generalize and I completely understand the temptation to backseat moderate other's posts but in this instance, when I see posts on a video game forum all tending to head in one direction, I also think it's fair to generalize the current consensus of members on this board when it absolutely harms no one in the slightest.

iareharSon

Oct 30, 2017

Maybe Fable 4.

We were never going to get that from Ninja Theory so soon after Microsoft acquiring them. They were a mid size studio who fractured their studio into multiple teams due to budget constraints. As is the case with all of Microsoft's studios, existing and recently acquired, since joining Microsoft - Ninja Theory has been growing in size considerably. I wouldn't expect something AAA-esque and Single Player from them until next year's e3 or X0 event at the earliest.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Looks amazing, really dig the art style....feel sry for the team that they got their surprise spoiled just before the official unveiling. Leakers really dont give af about anything.

Invoker

Chicken Chaser
May 29, 2019

Ignore this post

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Can't say I'm very interested. Interesting to see the DmC combat lead on it, but the concept just isn't one I'm big on. I'll hold further judgement until I try it out though. Maybe it'll be a surprise.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017

embarrassing post man.
This game was in development for 4 years before MS even purchased NT.
Also, NT would have only made sequels if Sony bought them?
Not new ips?