• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017

Made by the same team of Wild Guns Reloaded. Based on the SNES game.

This, my friends, is how every retro "revival" should be: aesthetically speaking completely respectful to the original, but with new modes and characters.

Looks awesome and this is also a great deal considering how expensive is the original cartridge these days.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i was gonna make a thread!

Completely redone like wild guns reloaded, (new backgrounds, more animation to the sprites, redrawn sprites, and so on) it looks amazing!

sCh6NLw.jpg

ttcgsvI.jpg

Last edited:

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Phenomenal!
I have such fond memories of playing the original (?) on the Amiga back in the day. I think it was the Amiga... It was a long time ago.

Anyway, hype!

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
This looks so damn AWESOME! They really seem to be going above and beyond with it. This also is the first confirmation of co-op we have, isn't it?

The website also shows silhouettes for two brand-new characters.

Glad they're taking that cue from Wild Guns Reloaded as well. Apparently, their names are Yaksha and Raiden.

KSTYHSS.png

1OeDGMo.png

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Phenomenal!
I have such fond memories of playing the original (?) on the Amiga back in the day. I think it was the Amiga... It was a long time ago.

Anyway, hype!
Sort of.
The Ninja Warriors original arcade game (1987) received a bunch of ports to computers and consoles, among them the Amiga.
This is however based on the remake/sequel which was released exclusively for SNES in 1994, titled in Japan Ninja Warriors Again, hence the "Once Again" moniker used for this Switch game.

Side note: Ninja Warriors Again has one of the best graphics of any SNES game, almost arcade-like quality (for what was available in 1994 of course).

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
Fuckin' yeah man, that's the shit.

...Can we get a Pocky & Rocky 'remake' too? Please Natsume?

Marukoban

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes, this is an enhanced remaster of the SNES game by the original developers.

The SNES game was a reimagining of an old Taito arcade game which is available on PS4 as an Arcade Archives title, but they're quite different games.

Cool! Thanks for the info.
Looking forward to this :D
I'm really glad Switch's success sort of made Beat em Up genre comes back.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
I am immensely excited to see the new character Raiden. The Ninja is already one of the coolest murder machines in video games; how crazy is the new and more extreme heavy going to be?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Nintendo Switch only for now huh? Well Wild Guns Reloaded released on PS4 so I'm hoping it releases on more platforms after the Switch, cuz I would gladly double dip on it XP

Virtu Al

Oct 25, 2017
Italy, Rome
This is amazing! I thought they'd just go 3d and call it a day, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a game like this in an old cabinet in the corner of a pub. Designs, visual style, flashy moves, it's all there!

Since Taito is in revival mode I really hope they tackle Darius next. G-Darius in particular was one of my fave PSX games <3

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
This looks amazing. :o

Since Taito is in revival mode I really hope they tackle Darius next. G-Darius in particular was one of my fave PSX games <3
They're doing the Darius Coznic Collection with M2. No G-Darius but pretty much all the arcade sprite based games are included (Darius, Darius II, Sagaia, Darius Gaiden) plus some extra console games in the SE (Darius Twin, Darius Force, Darius Alpha, Sagaia SMS, Darius II MD).

I want Taito and NatsumeAtari to do Pocky & Rocky next myself.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
so they've (re)done some 16 bit sprites ?
that's great.
That's how every retro/indie game should look,i am a bit tired of the 8 bit-pixel art look.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
OMFG WHEN WAS THIS ANNOUNCED!?

Big fan of the original, had no idea they were bringing it back!!!

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Oh yeah, bring it on!
I double dipped on Wild Guns and I'll get Ninja Warriors wherever it releases!

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
With bigger resolution, it almost feels as expansive as the arcade game!

Although, it's still a lot shorter in comparison:

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
i adore these guys. they put so much care into their remakes, it's refreshing. to see so much love for old titles is extremely rare.

Wild Guns Reloaded is a masterpiece.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Taito and NatsumeAtari have a long history of working together. Taito games and licenses they've worked on:
  • Cleopatra Fortune (Arcade)
  • Don Doko Don 2 (NES)
  • Hana Taaka Daka!? (PCE)
  • Ninja Warriors Again (SNES)
  • Ninja Warriors Once Again (NSW)
  • Palamedes (NES)
  • Palamedes (MSX2)
  • Palamedes (GB)
  • Palamedes 2 (NES)
  • Pocky & Rocky (SNES)
  • Pocky & Rocky 2 (SNES)
  • Power Blade (NES)
  • Power Blade 2 (NES)
  • Riding Fight (Arcade)
  • S.C.I. Special Criminal Investigation (SMS)
  • Sagaia (SMS)
  • Saibara Reiko no Mahjong Hourouki (SNES)
  • The Jetsons: Cogswell's Caper (NES)
  • Yuuyu no Quiz de Go! Go! (SNES)