• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to thread whine, but I mean, I feel like this didn't need a thread.

VZ_Blade

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Wow. What a surprise.
Honestly the semantics doesn't matter. Content is king.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Huh, they're calling the Tuesday 9 am video "Video Presentation" with an asterisk indicating the name isn't final.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Well while people will think this this means little I think there is a distinction to be made with how Nintendo brands these presentations. Digital Events are "traditional" as seen before as they will have trailers with the occasional developer stories/presentation kind of like how press conferences are for others. Spotlight was trying to get as much information as they can in a short burst of time and had little fluff. It seems like their presentation at E3 is going to be structured like their recent Directs and I guess it makes sense considering they're gonna want to focus alot on Smash so be prepared for a 5-10 minute segment for it in the middle of the presentation much like how they handle their spotlight games now.

Deleted member 42221

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Since this is a change from last year, does this mean it's going back to the framing-device centric structure of 2014 and 2015? Because that took an A- lineup to an A and a C- lineup to a B-respectively in my perspective.

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
As nintendo everything pointed out, the actual video on Nintendo's E3 website is still called "video presentation" with an asterisk (name not final).

The description further down the page is what seems to have changed, and it says "Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 with Super Smash Bros."

Is it possible that Super Smash Bros. could be included in the title?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
as someone who has gotten back into his Switch in a hard way recently, gimme all the Wii U ports because I skipped that one >_>

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As nintendo everything pointed out, the actual video on Nintendo's E3 website is still called "video presentation" with an asterisk (name not final).

The description further down the page is what seems to have changed, and it says "Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 with Super Smash Bros."

Is it possible that Super Smash Bros. could be included in the title?

No, Super Smash Bros. will be the first game Treehouse demos after the Direct.

"Three days of Nintendo Switch gameplay with Treehouse members and developers, starting right after Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 with Super Smash Bros"

Skies

Oct 25, 2017
No, Super Smash Bros. will be the first game Treehouse demos after the Direct.

"Three days of Nintendo Switch gameplay with Treehouse members and developers, starting right after Nintendo Direct: E3 2018 with Super Smash Bros"

Okay now I see it. Treehouse is starting with Smash Bros after Nintendo Direct: E3 2018.

That sentence is worded oddly.

Dark Cloud

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I knew there was a reason they waited. This tells us they're going back to the Nintendo Direct style. Quick and fast paced I'm guessing

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I'm honestly more curious about how long it'll be. But hey, at least we have a final name.

Bitanator

Oct 27, 2017
Smash and Pokemon is all they need, will sell them faster than China can squeeze them out the factory

JershJopstin

Oct 25, 2017
Which is no different than their previous E3 videos. The titles didn't mean anything.
I was gonna say the same, but then I stopped to think about it and realized that there were subtle differences for each name. Nintendo Direct@E3 2013 followed the Iwata style direct almost to a T, IIRC. The two digital event years featured small skits to break up the announcements and featured somewhat lengthy dev interviews. The Spotlight resembled modern directs by spending almost all of its time showing instead of telling, but didn't feature the established headline format. So maybe we'll get that this time? It doesn't really matter, I suppose.