• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I looked at my email hoping to see an ad as cool as that from Nintendo.

Nope, here it's all family friendly. -.-

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every other game on that list is challenging and extremely gameplay focused. Skyrim is one of the most dumbed down games ever. It has no balance to any of its systems, the basic gameplay mechanics are god awful and it's not challenging at all. It was a game made for "casuals".
If you dont stop making up stuff to complain about lol

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
Hardcore sounds cringey, should have gone with 'look at all these really old games you can play on our system.' ;-)

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
hardcore gamers is almost assuredly referring to the western mainly male segment of gamers age 13-20 something who like playing AAA M-rated titles

indie games probably don't count to that segment of gamers

hell, Bayonetta is probably pushing it for them lol
I know, I just like promoting Celeste as much as possible.

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (5 days): Derail, trolling threads over Labo, history of similar infractions.
Glad they stopped pushing the cardboard product as well. Push what actually sells

Oct 27, 2017
Why do we even use labels like hardcore for games in 2018? It's like were back in the old days when everyone was saying they were "kiddie". Just play what you like for fk's sake.

7threst

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Confirmation: Dark Souls still slated for this summer. Yay I guess?

... I'll talk differently when sitting my ass outside working my way through the game haha!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Bums me out that everything highlighted in the email is a port. Please Nintendo give me some new M rated IPs. Or a sequel to Eternal Darkness. I'll buy them day one just like I did Devils Third (Which I legitimately enjoyed).

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I admit I have a highly active imagination and I tend to think up random shit. With that said....

This past E3 Nintendo should've held a DOOM multiplayer tournament. everyone I've heard from it's fun, I tried it and it felt good but I can't play FPS anymore so I had to stop almost immediately.

It would've accomplished a few goals. I know we all know about DOOM on Era. I'm making the below points for people outside of our online circle.

1) It would've created 3rd Party brand awareness on the Switch. Again not for us but for FPS junkies and for more casual people.

2) Would've shown 3rd party games running on Nintendo online which would've been useful next months when they launch their online service.

3) it may have bump sales for DOOM and by association could've put Wolfenstein 2 in the minds of some people who didn't know about it.

4) Multiplayer from what I've seen and heard from irl friends in DOOM is very underrated. Nintendo could've owned the fact that DOOM's multiplayer isn't that popular and pitched it as some fun to be had in their system.

I remember seeing a YouTuber months ago just after DOOM launch and he told this story how he was playing DOOM on the bus and as he was leaving some guy came up to him asking about DOOM and learning that the Switch is a thing and made by Nintendo. Long story short the guy just played COD yearly and was sold on DOOM Switch because of the YouTuber.

Of course the YouTuber told the guy about DOOM being on other consoles and cheaper but the guy was sold on playing it on his commute.

I know Nintendo had Splatoon and Smash at E3 as they should have. Having something like I mentioned above would've been different and even have shown a different side of Nintendo.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Wow that is fantastic!

This is what I want to see. Just keep this up for 5 or 10 years.... Cultivated and bring third-party back!

Sp1

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
You want me to replay some old games on other consoles, Nintendo marketer person?