• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
With many games having Switch - Xbox crossplay, Minecraft on Switch, and Phil Spencer saying he is fine with Banjo being in Smash and would be also fine with Nintendo allowing Xbox achievements on the Switch, how far could this partnership can go?

I see people throwing around Banjo Threeie on both Xbox and Switch, Goldeneye 007 coming back finally and it being on both Xbox and Switch, heck Microsoft joked with fans about bringing Rare Replay to Wii U with the "Ask Rare", was it a full joke or would Microsoft actually consider that? Maybe even a brand new IP that's created by both Nintendo and Microsoft.

Also, with Minecraft on Switch it has the Xbox pack with Gears of War, Halo, and Banjo.

I think this E3 will show even more of the partnership (just my theory) and it could be Banjo in Smash, or something else.

Also, everyone knows Rare's games on the N64 were huge, and I think both of the companies know that I wonder if we will see Banjo Kazooie and Tooie, Conker, etc on the N64 Classic.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Next gen I see Microsoft releasing exclusives on Switch 2 and Nextbox simultaneously and renaming "exclusives" to "Xbox originals" as well as bringing Game Pass over to the Switch via streaming.

Not now but next gen. I think Microsoft will still release a hardware box but that box will be more if you care about power, graphics and performance. And you can play what are now known as "exclusives" on Switch if you so choose to.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
If Halo 3 comes to Switch then I die a happy boy.

Edit —

1. Nintendo would be smart to let Joanna Dark, Banjo Kazooie, Master Chief and the Battletoads bros into smash.
2. They'd both be smart to collaborate on some kind of Battletoads remaster
3. They'd both be smart to collaborate on some kind of Goldeneye remaster
4. Microsoft would be smart to put Rare Replay on Switch.

Savantcore

Oct 28, 2017
Microsoft gonna solve their games issue
Nintendo gonna solve their online issue
Sony's days are numbered

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
''Not being a dick'' I do not consider it a great relationship, only the minimum that they should have.

Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft will not port any of their new games to switch aside from Minecraft.

They might agree to some licensing deals like N64 classic and VC releases for rare games

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
1skbtcu6tgoz.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Next gen I see Microsoft releasing exclusives on Switch 2 and Nextbox simultaneously and renaming "exclusives" to "Xbox originals" as well as bringing Game Pass over to the Switch via streaming.

Not now but next gen. I think Microsoft will still release a hardware box but that box will be more if you care about power, graphics and performance. And you can play what are now known as "exclusives" on Switch if you so choose to.

That's actually not that stupid and quite interesting.

Oct 27, 2017
Bournemouth
It'll be a loving and tender relationship until Nintendo is left heartbroken when Microsoft says they can't pay the rent, but go and spend $20 billion on the rights to Fidget Spinners.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
I see their relationship more like a smile and nod (maybe a thumbs up from one of them) from across the room, not an intimate relationship like you described. They definitely seem to have a positive rapport, but I don't think we're suddenly going to start seeing a bunch of MS games on Switch or vice versa.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
I think MS will be a strong 3rd party next gen and Nintendo will only profit from that.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
Man a fusion of Nintendo and Microsoft would be the stuff of dreams, a powerful Switch 2 with Halo, Gears and Nintendo games, and then Rare partnering with Nintendo on their games

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The relationship isnt THAT strong. Minecraft is on Switch because it makes MS and Nintendo money. The Cross-Plattform stuff only looks this impressive because Sony is blocking it...while everyone else is fine.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
Microsoft pushing cross play and Nintendo just not caring isn't really a strong relationship.

Now if banjo turns up in smash then you might have something

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't make anything of it. Microsoft wants to be best friends but I don't think Nintendo of Japan wants anything to do with them.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
Real shit. Xbox Live need to replace Switch's online. If Nintendo's gonna make us pay, they might as well just employ MS's online infrastructure.

nickfrancis86

Nov 10, 2017
If the N64 classic is real, Rare's games get on there, including Goldeneye.

I think the issue is with the Goldeneye licence, MS, Rare or Nintendo don't have it (I think Activision has the James Bond game licence). Hence it wasn't on Rare Replay. Although, if the N64 Mini is real, it absolutely has to have Goldeneye, right?!?!

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
When Xbox debuts its game streaming service I hope it's available on the Switch or whatever portable Nintendo has at the time.

In the meantime, a Banjo remake for Switch would be amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
There is no "relationship". Neither of them is blocking cross-platform play so developers are taking advantage of this. That's all there is to it.

Feb 26, 2018
Phil in Smash. Believe

p.s. cross-play is not a strong relationship. It's like saying that Sony and Steam are best friends because of PC/PS4 crossplay

TrickyAssist

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
Next console generation Nintendo is gonna partner with Microsoft to make the Nintendo Xbox. Long gone are the days of the Nintendo PlayStation.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing beyond crossplatform and some support for Minecraft. I'm just glad that the 2 console manufacturers that I like have an awesome relationship :)

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, is it? I think it only looks like this, because Sony is interested in keeping their Wall between the other consoles.

TailorDKS

Apr 18, 2018
They will make a new console called the
Xbox One X Nintendo X Switch X

Its a portable console powered by real clouds - dont ask me how this could work, but it will.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I don't think Nintendo really cares.

All the examples you mention are of larger benefit to Microsoft and almost inconsequential to Nintendo. Of course Phil would say all that stuff, it's essentially an advertisement for his platform.