• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting choice of games for a bundle. 1-2 should have always been a pack-in, but Mario Tennis Aces is an interesting choice - maybe because it has a motion-control option that makes it somewhat similar to 1-2.

Edit: I know 1-2 sold 2+ million; I just don't think it offers enough content to stand alongside other titles priced at $49.99.

Last edited:

Mondy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I suspect including Aces might be a sneaky effort to boost Online subscriptions. They'll no doubt do the same with Smash.

OP
OP
Phendrift

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting choice of games for a bundle. 1-2 should have always been a pack-in, but Mario Tennis Aces is an interesting choice - maybe because it has a motion-control option that makes it somewhat similar to 1-2.
I'd think it could be because it will give the game more legs. Why bundle BotW or Odyssey when they can still kill it at $60 each? I think ARMS would be a good choice for this too

Edit: oh and of course the online

Jazzem

Feb 2, 2018
Always find it a shame these system bundles don't just have the digital games pre-installed on the system...is that significantly more difficult or costly on a manufacturing level?

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Like how the box looks. Wonder if we're gonna see more bundles coming up.

There's 2.5 million reasons as to why it shouldnt have been.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Not exactly a great deal. The console is $300, so It's basically Aces and 1-2-Switch for $60.

But Aces is currently $45 on Amazon anyway and does anyone really want 1-2-Switch?

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
Like one of my biggest gaming regrets in the past couple of years. Horribly unbalanced multiplayer, no content at release and no announced future content. The balance component might have been fixed by now (it was a mess at release) but I don't think the content situation will ever be addressed.

Oct 25, 2017
I always avoid bundles that are all digital download. I know why Nintendo does this, and maybe people don't care, but ick.

Like one of my biggest gaming regrets in the past couple of years. Horribly unbalanced multiplayer, no content at release and no announced future content.

I kinda agree with this myself. I bought it off of the strength of the free weekend, but I really don't enjoy it at this point and have put maybe six hours into it.

Deleted member 16365

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will a Switch without a memory card hold both of those? I know 12Switch is about 1gb but how big is Tennis?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I would have guessed MK8D, but I guess they figure that has stronger selling power as a standalone product for new owners than Aces. Which is a good bet. I don't think they need to go all out yet.

CoL

Oct 25, 2017
Dang they should have included at least one very good game, the catalog is great for them to give out those two.

One great game that wasn't selling as much as it used to and one-two switch

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Basically a Wii Sports stand-in with the motion controlled tennis and 1-2 Switch minigames. Good thing Aces is pretty ace (no pun intended).

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Like how the box looks. Wonder if we're gonna see more bundles coming up.

There's 2.5 million reasons as to why it shouldnt have been.
That doesn't mean anything on why it shouldn't be. It absolutely should have been a pack in.

This is a pretty bad bundle especially after tennis had such a promising start.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
1-2 Switch should be bundled anyways.

This is not a good bundle. It should be something like Mario Kart but I bet they are not doing that because they are being greedy and want to sell more copies of it.

Oct 27, 2017
Not a bad bundle. Doesn't cater to me but i can see families enjoying it.

$359 is a bit odd of a price point but again, there could be worse bundles. I would have guessed Mario kart 8 would be bundled before anything else since they've made so much profit off of it going back to Wii U version but then again if its still selling at $60 i can see why they wouldn't bundle it.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Bundling 1-2 Switch with every console would have made no sense except to satiate people's desire for free shit that they didn't want in the first place.