• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Taka

Apr 27, 2018
"Indie World" is the same branding they've used for these videos in Japan. It looks like the Nindie Directs are no longer regional, leading to more consistent branding worldwide.

For example:

Last edited:

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That's the Japanese name right?

No matter, I cant wait for this. Gonna be fun. This probably means no EU one though? I for sure thought they were the same procedure as last year with a EU one close to Gamescom and a NA close to Pax.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Guess they're rolling out the Japanese indie presentation branding to the Western streams too.

That's what I call Synergy™.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Good that they upgraded to a more general name - Nindies were nice but Switch is too big of a plattform and there was no need to use the gimmick name.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018
Honestly more excited for this than an actual Direct. There are a ton of indie games I'd be overjoyed to see on Switch, with Return of the Obra Dinn leading the charge. Also very curious about any updates on Crosscode, as it was announced for 2019.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
I do love an indie showcase - Directs are fun, but I really like learning about smaller titles and finding some hidden gems

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Give us a cinematic of the untitled goose stealing Theo's phone in between Untitled Goose Game and Celeste you cowards

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
There's lots of suspects for this showing... at least one of the these highly anticipated games for me with no date please show up in some form? =)

Castle Crashers
HK:Silksong
Goose Game
Shovel Knight

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Sure. Keep em coming. It's not like that i'm still at Three Houses, with Astral Chain, Links Awakening and DQ XI coming in mere weeks.

At this point, i'd need multiple mes to play everything ...

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Honestly more excited for this than an actual Direct. There are a ton of indie games I'd be overjoyed to see on Switch, with Return of the Obra Dinn leading the charge. Also very curious about any updates on Crosscode, as it was announced for 2019.
  • Return to Obra Dinn announced
  • Untitled Goose Game shadow drop
  • Silksong date
  • Sayonara Wild Hearts shadow drop
  • Cross Code shadow drop
  • "Fuck All of Your Wallets" shadow drop

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Can we appreciate the fact that in a period full of big juggernauts coming out one after the other Nintendo still pushes indie games a lot?

I love it.

Dancrane212

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that rumored Ori port would show up under this as well if it's a situation where Moon was bringing it over themselves.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Guess the Japan side won over and made 'Indie World' the global branding for the Nindies Showcases; lol.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A global Nindies not-Direct? Interesting

Hope there are some that's appealing to me cause there usually aren't many