• Introducing Image Options for ResetEra 2.0! Check the left side navigation bar to show or hide images, avatars, covers, and embedded media. More details at the link.
  • Community Spotlight sign-ups are open once again for both Gaming and EtcetEra Hangout threads! If you want to shine a spotlight on your community, please register now.

Nintendo announces Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers (Buy 2 full price games for $99.99 / Exclusive for NSO users)

Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So.... an opportunity to buy two games at 10.00 off by paying in advance.
No need to pay in advance. You can just as well wait until the games you'd want are out and then buy a voucher and save your 20 bucks.

Hey I'll take $10 dollars off. I just don't know what I'd use it on other than Mario Maker 2 and I guess that Persona 5 game whenever its out.
Yo this is for first party titles. Look at the list.

Oct 25, 2017
So should work for Pokemon Sword and Shield since Let’s Go is included?
I guess the issue is that you can only purchase the vouchers up to July and it doesn' seem guranteed they'll support titles much beyond that.
Astral Chain is up there so that's a confirmation that you can get titles past the July 31st date, but it might be a preload?

Oct 26, 2017
Strange that he left Japan out. I bought my vouchers there for R$385 (~91 USD), same currency as he is using. From what I could tell, it's the best deal currently.
I guess it’s because many japanese games have their own SKU that only includes japanese, while the rest of the world shares basically the same eShop.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I guess it’s because many japanese games have their own SKU that only includes japanese, while the rest of the world shares basically the same eShop.
Oh, didn't know about that. I bought Yoshi and Smash with the vouchers, so it wasn't a problem in this case, but good to know about this difference.

Thanks for the info!

Oct 25, 2017
Check out your local Target. I was there yesterday and had various Nintendo games for $49.99 each.

Nintendo Games for $49.99 each.
MK8D
Smash (website said $59.99 but go there in person, $49.99 on the tag)
BotW
Odyssey
Mario Tennis

May 15, 2019
It's pretty good. Gameplay wise it's a smoother version of Xenoblade 1, story wise I would say it's a step down just because they triple down on the anime tropes and it's not as "deep" philosophy wise like the other games got, so depending on how much you can stomuch those it's an enjoyable ride. Same goes for the designs of the characters so heads up on big tiddy waifus and questionably aged little girls. Save off on getting the expansion for it until the gameplay clicks and you know you're going to finish it and then take advantage of the goodies it gives you.

As for the deal I think it's a pretty sweet deal. Bought a bunch of $35 eshop cards for $24 each and bought four vouchers. Already got MM2 and will get UA3 when that goes up for preorder. Hoping to use the second set on DQB2 when that goes up and if Astral Chain, Animal Crossing, or Zelda don't come with any physical goodies I'll use the fourth one on one of those.
thanks!

Oct 26, 2017
Check out your local Target. I was there yesterday and had various Nintendo games for $49.99 each.

Nintendo Games for $49.99 each.
MK8D
Smash (website said $59.99 but go there in person, $49.99 on the tag)
BotW
Odyssey
Mario Tennis
I’m sure many people here can find cheaper physical games (even if it’s not possible in Sweden) and that’s all good, but if you want to go digital this is unmatched.

Dec 6, 2017
Will likely cop this for Mario Maker and Marvel Ultimate Alliance

... and then again for Link's Awakening and Animal Crossing once they (hopefully) announce their inclusion at E3. Interesting program, but however you wanna give me dollars off, I'll take it!

Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
So.... an opportunity to buy two games at 10.00 off by paying in advance.
It’s actually a better deal than Best Buy GCU (if yours hasn’t run out). You pay $100 and get $5 back in gold coins, making it $12.50 off each game. It’s not a dramatic difference, but given that GCU isn’t applicable on digital games, it’s a great deal for the right games.

Dec 28, 2017
If this was sold on Amazon, my goodness
I need that. $10 off each for 2 full priced digital games, plus gold coins plus points on my Amazon card. Please Nintendo consider 3rd party reseller

Hold the fucking phone, I can get 2 $50 eShop gift cards from Amazon to get amazon. Use them on the vouchers, then redeem the vouchers to get the games and gold coins. That is having my cake and eating it too.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
I’m in for at least two vouchers, maybe four. The Swedish eshop price works out at £36 per game, plus you get some gold coins towards (probably) an indie title.

For day one digital games that I can game share with my sister (which you can’t do with physical), it’s a steal. Even with the pound at “historic lows”.

Mario maker, animal crossing and links awakening are definite buys - bound to be something else by the end of July 2020.

EDIT: I've done this and picked up BOXBOY+BOXGIRL for less than £1 after applying the gold coins. Awesome.

Last edited: