• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Nice enough deal but I don't think I could go digital for first party Nintendo games. Resale value is too important to me. Would also need a guarantee that all my Switch digital purchases would be available on the Switch 2 whenever that releases.

Oct 25, 2017
I just got 2 vouchers and got Astral Chain with one of them.

It's an even better deal when I realized that you get 500 Gold Points(5 bucks) when you get the vouchers.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, had no idea there was an end date. It's fairly soon, too. I'll need two pairs for the rest of the year.

Completely Anonymous

alt account
Banned
Jun 7, 2019
I just installed my new 400GB card from Prime Days tonight, and will be taking advantage of this for FE, Link, DQXI, and Astral Chain. Up until now, I was buying strictly physical except for eShop. Thinking about Pokemon, and Animal Crossing as well but that is an initial outlay of $300

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
It's interesting that they allow you to buy so many of them. It's also interesting to me that NoE will (seemingly) continue to offer these for sale past the end of July.

Imagine you buy a bunch of vouchers, redeem them to pre-purchase as many as you can and then "fill up" to 8 vouchers again. Apparently you can't get a refund and the vouchers expire after a year.

Nintendo should stop offering these for sale as soon as they know that for the next 12 month period they only have less than 8 titles still to be added to the list (or enable for redemption). If not, they are knowingly selling you something that you could end up not being able to use even if you wanted to... right? Maybe this is why NoA will stop selling them after the end of July?

If NoE stop selling them at some point, maybe that tells us something?
Why should be Nintendo's responsibility and not buyers'? Why buy vouchers if you don't know where you gonna use them yet?

Instead of vouchers they could just give us worthwhile amount of gold points, like 20% back. So you buy one game, you get 12$ off for the next purchase then you buy another full game for (60-12) 48$ and you get 9.6$. So you have paid 108$ for two games and you have 9.6$ to use next. Pretty much the same as having to buy two vouchers for 100$.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
How much gold coins do I get for buying one of those ?
Or do i need to redeem them first to get them ?

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
How do these vouchers work with expansion passes? Can I get a game + expansion pass with it?

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Why should be Nintendo's responsibility and not buyers'? Why buy vouchers if you don't know where you gonna use them yet?

Instead of vouchers they could just give us worthwhile amount of gold points, like 20% back. So you buy one game, you get 12$ off for the next purchase then you buy another full game for (60-12) 48$ and you get 9.6$. So you have paid 108$ for two games and you have 9.6$ to use next. Pretty much the same as having to buy two vouchers for 100$.

The difference is they get your money upfront. Like, way upfront.

Will i also get extra coins for everygame i buy with the vouchers .

No. Only when buying the vouchers.

ShivUK

Nov 2, 2017

Nintendo know what games you've bought and they know what games will be eligible in the future and they also set the restrictions, like expiry after a year.

I would have thought it was somehow illegal to sell you a voucher that you had no way of redeeming?

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm only going to get 1 voucher. I got enough credit for one and will save it for Animal Crossing and something else next year. Otherwise I'm all physical since I still have GCU. That and I love alot of the box art like Luigi's Mansion 3 and Link's awakening so I want a physical copy anyway.

Wowzors

The Wise Ones
Oct 27, 2017
I plan on buying two vouchers before the 31st. I used my first voucher on Super Mario Maker 2 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, my second voucher on Fire Emblem and Astral Chain. Gonna use the 3rd on Daemon and Zelda, 4th on Luigi and one of the Pokemon. I wish it went past 7/31 but what are you gonna do.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Tried to get a couple of the discounted $50 eShop cards off Massgenie, but kept getting an error when I tried to check out. Might end up biting the bullet and getting these straight from my card.

Same thing happened to me with massgenie and I just chatted with their customer support for a minute and they got me sorted.

Sitting on a healthy eShop wallet and trying to decide if I'm gonna get more vouchers or just use it on indies here and there. I typically only get multiplayer or online focused games digitally, so not much is calling me

Yesterday

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really shouldn't buy Dragon Quest XI S since I put 15 hours into the PC version and only stopped when I heard the switch version was getting localized. I have four vouchers left and I'm probably getting Zelda and Luigis mansion for sure unless they're bad. One will be saved for Animal Crossing which I assume will be added. I'll have to decide between DxM, Pokémon, and Dragon Quest.
Buying another set will probably be too many games to play but it's tempting. Really wish this offer didn't expire in a week

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Does anyone know if they will continue to add games to the vouchers, even thought the vouchers (ability to buy) are ending in a few days?
I want to buy a set, and save it for Animal Crossing, but I don't know if they will continue to add games eligible for vouchers, since the ability to purchase vouchers is ending in a few days, and Animal Crossing comes out in March.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone know if they will continue to add games to the vouchers, even thought the vouchers (ability to buy) are ending in a few days?
I want to buy a set, and save it for Animal Crossing, but I don't know if they will continue to add games eligible for vouchers, since the ability to purchase vouchers is ending in a few days, and Animal Crossing comes out in March.
Given that they keep adding games and they last a year, I think you're safe to hold onto them for games not yet announced on it.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
There's no guarantee and nothing has (as far as I know) been officially said, but the ability to purchase the vouchers is supposed to end only in the US. Since it will continue elsewhere, I seriously doubt they will not add any more games to the vouchers, including Animal Crossing. And I even more seriously doubt that any game added will be only for vouchers from certain regions.

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's no guarantee and nothing has (as far as I know) been officially said, but the ability to purchase the vouchers is supposed to end only in the US. Since it will continue elsewhere, I seriously doubt they will not add any more games to the vouchers, including Animal Crossing. And I even more seriously doubt that any game added will be only for vouchers from certain regions.

Why is it ending in the US? Maybe the market is too good for them to sell the Vouchers in? No matter the reason I'm annoyed that the Voucher program is ending here but continuing elsewhere.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Why is it ending in the US? Maybe the market is too good for them to sell the Vouchers in? No matter the reason I'm annoyed that the Voucher program is ending here but continuing elsewhere.
The purpose of the vouchers is probably:
1. Encourage NSO subscriptions
2. Encourage buying of Nintendo games digitally

Both are probably already in a fairly good condition in the US market vs the other markets, so there's less need for the vouchers there in the long run. Just guessing though (and I hope they change their mind and extend these).

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017

Putting a time limit on things will likely entice more buyers in the short term. They'll probably bring them back at some point.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Watch them not actually ending/being extended in NA. It makes no sense that they're apparently not ending elsewhere except there. Gonna be interesting to watch once the date rolls over.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I still want to buy these but time is getting away and I can't see any decent discounts on eshop cards.

I use my Amazon Prime credit card to buy them on Amazon which gives me 5% back after I make my card payment. Combined with the gold coins it makes for an ok discount but it's not an immediate discount.