• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
400x300_NSOpage_EN.jpg

"Fans with a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership can purchase a pair of Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers for just $99.99 through July 31, 2019.

You can redeem the vouchers for digital versions of select games on Nintendo.com or Nintendo eShop on your system. Vouchers are valid for a year after you purchase, so you could use one voucher now and save another for an upcoming title—or redeem them both right away."

The games available right now for purchase with the vouchers are:

• 1-2 Switch
  • Arms
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Dragon Quest Builders
  • Fire Emblem Warriors
  • Fitness Boxing
  • Go Vacation
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
  • Octopath Traveller
  • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu / Eevee
  • Splatoon 2
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • The World Ends With You: Final Remix
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2
  • And more!
FAQ:

- Can you use them for future titles?
Yes, you can use them on upcoming games! Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Astral Chain are available right now to purchase with the game vouchers.

- How long do the vouchers last for?
A full year after purchase.

- Can I buy multiple vouchers?
Yes, you can have up to 8 vouchers / 4 pairs at the same time.

- Until what date can I buy the vouchers?
It's not confirmed. The American site says until July 31 but the European and Japanese sites don't mention any date.

Full list of compatible games.

Last edited:

Solobbos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Just realized this is excellent for buying Mario Maker 2 and Animal Crossing Switch, seeing as I'll be playing both daily for a looooong time and don't want to keep switching game carts.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Do you think they'll let us use both vouchers for the same game?

You can just buy 2 copies for yourself and a friend and get Mario Maker for 50 bucks.

ImpendingFoil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Good idea, real cool if you get gold coins back as well. Probably will use it for Mario Maker and Animal Crossing.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting idea but can't you get most of those game for cheaper now?

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
This is the most exciting part of NSO yet, imo. I'm gonna look out to see whether or not these apply to Daemon x Machina and Animal Crossing because if they can I will absolutely be cashing in on this offer

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it'd have been nice if they properly converted the price

like, 45€/90€ for two games in europe

because it's still cheaper to get the games at retail

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The explanation in the UK sounded like poorer value to me. They used SSBU which is £60 on the eShop along with SMM2 to show that you'd save £25ish but you're better off just buying those two games physically for £40 each which isn't difficult and you save even more money.

I suppose for digital only people it's a lot better than nothing obviously but I'm gonna stick with my £40 SMM2 preorder I think.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
That's cool, brings a nice discount especially if you want to buy new games. If you get coins for this purchase as well.. that's even better savings.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think this is smart. I don't own a Switch and have never pre-ordered a Nintendo game digitally. What is their policy on pre-orders? Can I cancel at a any time and get my money/voucher back, or is that locked in permanently?

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
For buying brand new games (or pre-ordering) this is an absolute steal on Nintendo games. Doubly so if you can get gift cards at a discount - like, if you can get them for 10% off, that's $90 for two games (and $5 back in eShop credit via gold points). If you manage 20%, you're essentially getting them for less than $40 a piece.

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
Small print.
Fans with a paid Nintendo Switch Online membership can purchase a pair of Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers for just $99.99 through July 31, 2019.
You can redeem the vouchers for digital versions of select games on Nintendo.com or Nintendo eShop on your system. Vouchers are valid for a year after you purchase, so you could use one voucher now and save another for an upcoming title—or redeem them both right away!
See the list of eligible titles >

• Paid Nintendo Switch Online membership required at the time of purchase and redemption of the Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers. The Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months from purchase date, have no cash value and cannot be transferred, returned or redeemed for cash. Each Nintendo Switch Game Voucher may be redeemed for one game offered as part of the catalog. To receive promotional value, at least one Voucher must be redeemed for a game priced at $59.99 or above at time of redemption. The Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers may not be combined with any other sale, discount, or promotional offer unless otherwise specified.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
So I can buy $100 eshop credit on Amazon for 5% back, get 500 Gold points on the eshop when I buy the voucher, and basically get two $60 games for $90. Nice.

(not including tax on the voucher)

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much worthwhile only for upcoming 1st party titles since everything else will eventually drop in price. Still, an interesting gimmick.

Oct 25, 2017
They literally advertised it in the direct as "You can get Mario Maker 2 and Smash Ultimate" and Smash Ultimate is not even an option in the official list. LMAO.

Edit: there are more games than on that promotion page eligible and smash is one of them, but still pretty funny that it wouldn't be on that main promotion page after the way they highlighted it in the direct.

Last edited:

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
I think this is smart. I don't own a Switch and have never pre-ordered a Nintendo game digitally. What is their policy on pre-orders? Can I cancel at a any time and get my money/voucher back, or is that locked in permanently?

You cannot cancel pre-orders at all. When game is up for pre-order it downloads so no refunds possible.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
OOOP i found it

• To receive promotional value, at least one Voucher must be redeemed for a game priced at $59.99 or above at time of redemption. The Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers may not be combined with any other sale, discount, or promotional offer unless otherwise specified.
49IldKI.png

one game must be 60 bucks to get this actual promotion