• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice perk and another smart way of pushing players towards subbing to NSO and buying more titles digitally. I guess they really took some of the criticism of NSO to heart, which hopefully means SNES titles at E3

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It's not an incredible deal (in the sense that it justifies NSO's existence), but it is a pretty damn great deal and the fact that it works on upcoming games like Astral Chain and Fire Emblem is actually pretty fucking fantastic. A solid plan to go for if you're digital on Switch.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can use my work discount to get 2 $50 eshop cards at $85.50. I'm using this also works on Fire Emblem 3 houses and Astral Chain preorders.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing Fire Emblem will be added as a title, which will make this ideal for me.

Metto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Guess games will get eligibility in the future. FE, Astral Chain, and Marvel Alliance weren't mentioned but they're covered by it

Apopheniac

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since the Best Buy and Amazon programs ended, seems like this is the way to go in terms of getting discounted preorders.

Even if you're not that interested in NSO, if you use it on two preloads a year, it breaks even.

Overture

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I mean, Nintendo games are 69,99 digitally here (Europe) and the voucher is 99€, seems like a very nice way to buy new games.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given how they explained it in the direct, it just sounds like a rip off to me. You should really having to pay money just to get a discount.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I was just thinking about that as well... What's the point for games you could get cheaper?
seems like a handful of games on the current list are already 49.99.... so... you bought two games?
They take a photo of you and post it on a board labelled "suckers", I believe. That's what my uncle at Nintendo told me anyway.

Could have worked with sales so that you get something like an extra 10% off if you buy two games. Could also mean that two 49.99 games come out at 90 bucks.

OOOP i found it

• To receive promotional value, at least one Voucher must be redeemed for a game priced at $59.99 or above at time of redemption. The Nintendo Switch Game Vouchers may not be combined with any other sale, discount, or promotional offer unless otherwise specified.
49IldKI.png

one game must be 60 bucks to get this actual promotion

But it seems that it doesn't.

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I'm down for this. I wanted to grab Mario Maker 2 anyway, and it would work well to be digital since I wouldn't want to swap carts constantly for a game like that.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Since the Best Buy and Amazon programs ended, seems like this is the way to go in terms of getting discounted preorders.

Even if you're not that interested in NSO, if you use it on two preloads a year, it breaks even.

I also buy E-Shop gift cards through Amazon since I have an Amazon credit card and get 5% of the purchase price of anything I buy on Amazon back as credit.

Listai

50¢
Oct 27, 2017
While I'd prefer it if they just discounted their titles more I'll probably use this for Mario Maker 2 and pick up Mario kart 8 while I'm at it.

Hey Blinkin

Oct 27, 2017
I love this idea because there will always be 2 Nintendo Switch games I'll want, but is this really only open until July 31st 2019?

I have the Prime Twitch NSO subscription. If I buy even a month subscription, will it consider my service paid or will the 'free' subscription still be the default?

V_ac

Avenger
Jul 2, 2018
I wonder if this can be used on the Mario Maker 2 bundle that comes with a year of NSO? It would be nice to have three years of online for essentially $30.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Gonna grab this, planning to use it for SMM2 + Animal Crossing, two games I definitely want digitally
Voucher page says "The selection of eligible software will continue to grow over time."
I'm assuming Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword/Shield will be added after they get release dates
Worst comes to worst, I'll get Astral Chain with the other voucher, but I need Animal Crossing digitally

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
This feels like a weird way to give a discount rather than just discount digital games during sales like you get on PSN and Xbox and beyond, but seemingly Nintendo digital pricing changes at a glacial pace and doesn't reflect the real market value.

This is like a nifty stop gap and saves people a bit of money, but no doubt even in 4 years from now Mario Odyssey will still be £49.99 or whatever full price on the digital store. Meanwhile equivalent big games on PlayStation will have had numerous price drops to anything as low as £25 or even less. Hmmm. A step in the right direction though for sure.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I wonder if you'll be able to take advantage of this multiple times.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So if I'm following this correctly I can get MUA3 + Astral Chain for £85, with £5 worth of Gold Points. That makes it £40 per game effectively which is about as cheap as they'll be day 1 physically so when put like that it is good I guess.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm expecting Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, etc, to be as well when they come out and I'm guessing this will be usable for them as well.
Honestly don't think AC will be. That game's latest iteration was just €40 and also included in multiple sale incentives. Got mine for free. Fire Emblem, I don't know.

Still, yeah, it can be a nice haul.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
So Nintendo announce a way where you can buy tickets to get discounts on future games for up to a year yet only detail games 6 months in advance... really.

We have no idea what is getting released up to May 2020 yet Nintendo wants you to give them money for nebulous games that you may or may not like

Vamphuntr

Oct 25, 2017
I'm expecting Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, etc, to be as well when they come out and I'm guessing this will be usable for them as well.

When you click on them to buy it shows Astral Chain, Fire Emblem 3 houses and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as the future games elligible. Promo ends July 31th 2019

OP
OP
--R

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that the American page is the only one that mentions a promo date. The European websites and the Japanese site don't mention anything.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Considering I'm digital only, and I usually buy Nintendo games that I want Day 1 anyway (because really...why wait?), this is pretty decent.