• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
It looks like you can use eShop credit to buy these vouchers, so you can combine it with discounted gift cards from places like Raise or PCGameSupply.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Already burned a now expired RZ cert and GCU on physical Mario Maker 2. But if this works on AC switch I'm in and I'll figure out another first party game to buy.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most of those games aren't hard to find on sale for less than $50 pretty regularly though. Nice for digital folks though I guess.

AR Starts

Oct 25, 2017
Hope someone can help me out here:

1. Can we buy more than one pair of vouchers?
2. Can these vouchers be purchased with eShop gift cards/balance? I assume so.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
The page says you can have 8 vouchers at a time, so probably no limit if you're using them up immediately, assuming you really want almost every game in this promotion
Oh, cool. I buy all my Switch games digitally now and I generally get them at launch so this is a great deal for me.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So Nintendo announce a way where you can buy tickets to get discounts on future games for up to a year yet only detail games 6 months in advance... really.

We have no idea what is getting released up to May 2020 yet Nintendo wants you to give them money for nebulous games that you may or may not like
Then only buy it if you know of two games you want to get? and this will still be live after E3 so it's fairly likely we know of more games by then anyway.

Like the hat?

Oct 25, 2017
I'm getting Mario maker digitally for sure. If they announce that animal crossing is going to be included I'll def jump on that.

Since my Target employee discount plus the red card 5% both work on Nintendo eShop credit, I'm even more sold.

Deleted member 51691

Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I don't think that this new deal is going to sway many people who haven't subscribed to NSO yet, but it's a neat bonus for existing subscribers.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
So this is no good if I have NSO through that free 3 months from Twitch I have to have a paid NSO account?

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
I don't do digital so the only time i would use this would be for Animal Crossing because gotta go digital on AC i guess.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Most of those games aren't hard to find on sale for less than $50 pretty regularly though. Nice for digital folks though I guess.
My guess this is aimed for the new release/digital preorder crowd to save money. First party, and switch exclusives seem to fall into this. So if someone wants digital day 1, its a good deal, otherwise, can find cheaper, or just about same price physically elsewhere

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
cool idea, might do this and use one of the vouchers for Mario Maker 2 now and save the second one for Fire Emblem or Marvel

tulpa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lol it's a very meager discount. minimum $100 purchase, many of the titles available cheaper elsewhere, and only available with a paid subscription. classic Nintendo

Oct 27, 2017
Peru
Well, hell. I already have all the digital Nintendo games that I want which are the multiplayer ones.

If only they had another interesting looking one (Not Mario Tennis Aces nor Super Mario Party) I would buy it along with Super Mario Maker 2.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
100% pointless to use on $50 titles and ones that actually go on sale multiple times a year. But great for upcoming day 1 releases plus games that never or very rarely ever go on sale.

Unkindled

Nov 27, 2018
Good for all digital people. They really want to push more people toward's digital games for more profitability.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Oh, cool. I buy all my Switch games digitally now and I generally get them at launch so this is a great deal for me.
Thank you for pointing that out.

Probably going to buy at least 4 vouchers then

ow my budget
Just warning everyone who quoted me/plans to stock up: keep in mind these vouchers expire 1 year from purchase, so don't stock up and have some of them expire

Oct 26, 2017
It's weird. They claim you can't use it on anything less than full priced games... but then include games like Sushi Striker and 1-2-Switch (which was shown!) which in Canada, is literally cheaper bought on their own together than with the vouchers ($129.98 vs $132.99).

Also a big problem if this means no E3 sale where their games have been 30% off. In Canada, the $79.99 games via the vouchers become $66.49, where as 30% off makes then $55.99.

And, you can't seemingly get the bundles with their passes, just the base game which would help a lot.

The only good in this is for pre-orders of anything this holiday that won't go on sale before then. My advice is to wait until E3 and TGA for instance pass and see what sales they may have then. Pokemon and Animal Crossing are likely sticking at full price (for obvious reasons), so go with those.

Also keep watch of any potential 2x gold coin pre-orders. I can see those still happening.

pokéfan

Oct 25, 2017
Any advantage to the UK folks here, the retail games are priced much much lower than the digital prices. I've gotten most of my Switch games for under £40.

Deleted member 4093

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im going to be doing this every time I want to buy a new game and another one coming out within the year. Dont make no sense not to

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Very interested to see if I can buy 4 vouchers, FE MUA MM and AC are all must buy this summer.

Great deal to push digital, can likely get 100 eshop credit for 85 dollars, plus you get the 500 coins back, $40 for new games is the hotness.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
It is but for select titles. It says on the eshop right now that it will work for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Astral Chain.
Welp, that's enough incentive for me -- seriously eyeing MUA3 and Astral Chain, easily, and if other titles get eligible that just makes it easier.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This would be great for SMM2 + Animal Crossing. Those are two games that are going to be better to have digital anyways.

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the main question is Do we expect Sword and Shield to be part of this, or for it to be the special exclusion?

MillionIII

Banned
Sep 11, 2018
Some of those games are mad overpriced, like how arms is still $60? smh
I guess if you buy day 1 you'd might get something out of this, but this is not the discount I wanted.

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So when you add in that you get 500 gold coins it essentially ends up being around 21% off right? that's not bad at all for new games, especially as I'm trying to go all digital.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Bit of a steep up front price for a digital copy if you ask me.

Last edited: