• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JamesQuall

Oct 27, 2017
Sweet, canceling my Amazon pre-order of SMM 2 and grabbing this. I wanted digital anyway. Will probably pick up Fire Emblem as well!

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
So if you use these on any game that isn't 59.99, you're a nark who gave Nintendo free money?
Given that the lowest priced games are $49.99 (6 of them) and the vouchers are $99.99, you could give Nintendo 3 cents for free if you buy all 6 $49.99 games via vouchers

That would involve buying 1-2-Switch at full price, so I'd recommend just burning a $50 bill to get more enjoyment

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Having an expiration date on something like this is completely ridiculous and should be straight up illegal. It's essentially taking away something that the user bought with real money.

Hell it probably already is in some countries I bet.

Hopefully some jurisdictions notice this and take appropriate action towards Nintendo.

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
This doesn't seem to bad, when you factor in the gold coin thing as well. I plan on getting Fire Emblem, Mario Maker 2 and Animal Crossing. If i could thing of a fourth game i I might do this

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Great deal for me since i don't have BB club anymore and i have fully went digital. Using it to pick up Mario maker 2 +Marvel, Fire Emblem + Astral and BOTW + Hyrule. I sold all my physical games last year and have been itching to replay BOTW.

Joegrine_25

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Trinidad and Tobago
60347223_10158092484651808_7795582525203546112_o.png

Astral Chain artwork is up on E-shop

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
1 year from purchase of the vouchers, which ends July 31st, so max end date is July 31st, 2020

"The selection of eligible software will continue to grow over time."
They said the vouchers need to be redeemed within a year. No way AC is releasing outside of that time frame.
they need to be redeemed before a year after you purchase.
Vouchers are good for 1 year.
Nice. Thanks for the answers all!

I wonder how the vouchers work exactly in terms of redemption. When AC drops, I'll be getting another Switch for my wife. It'd be rad if she could use one of the vouchers for her copy of the game. I have her setup under my Family Account.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
I would do this for Mario Maker and Animal Crossing probably. if the latter gets confirmed I would get it, but I don't see any other games I want at that price right now.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Gonna use this offer at least 3 times this year for:

Mario Maker 2
Astral Chain
Luigi's Mansion 2
Animal Crossing
Link's Awakening
Pokemon

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
I'd jump on this for Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon, but the other games are ones I can wait to go on sale. Is Pokemon just not listed because no release date yet?

Wayoshi

Oct 27, 2017
If you buy a bunch of AAA titles and are fine with digital, this is pretty good, those AAA games become $50.

any of that is not true, then it's eh.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Nice. Thanks for the answers all!

I wonder how the vouchers work exactly in terms of redemption. When AC drops, I'll be getting another Switch for my wife. It'd be rad if she could use one of the vouchers for her copy of the game. I have her setup under my Family Account.
I don't think anyone with a family account that has bought these has reported in yet, but I very, very much doubt it, much like how family accounts do not share eShop balances
I'd just look into setting up game sharing between those two Switches, assuming the constraints work for your and your wife's planned Switch use cases

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Finally a promotion that don't fuck with those who are buying a game day one or the ones buying it digitally.
Now, the 1 hundred dollar question: can i use this with the one month subscription?

Oct 25, 2017
Might consider getting it if Pokemon SwSh wows me at E3. IDK what other game I'd get though, since I don't really want to get SMM2 for full price considering I spent $50 on NSMBU and barely touch it.

SlimeKnight

Jan 2, 2018
Although I've been wanting to go all digital on Switch, my GCU doesn't expire until August so I've just had to buy all the big games physically (saving $12 per game is just too ridiculous to pass up). However this will be perfect for after it expires.

Oct 25, 2017
That's pretty nice. 16.6% discount is pretty nice for games that rarely get discounted.

Been expecting/hoping they'd add stuff like this for Nintendo online

Bowl0l

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a sad idea from NoA when retailers can offer better discounts on digital downloads by a few dollars in the last Mar10 sales without subscription.

Not looking forward to future NoA eshop 1st party game sales for Switch.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'll be buying a load of these in the coming couple of years, great announcement.

Aleh

Oct 27, 2017
Yaaaas. Gonna use it for Animal Crossing and Sword/Shield for sure. They should be eligible.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
This is good and all, but I buy my games physical as often as possible. I won't benefit from this. And besides, I usually buy when Amazon does the 3 games for €100 deal.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
How many of these can I get? I'll probably buy like 3 this year
You can hold up to 8 vouchers/4 pairs at a time
Probably isn't a limit on how many you can buy, as long as you aren't holding onto them/stay under that cap for number held
The last date you can buy them is July 31st (at least in America/NOA territories), they expire 1 year from purchase date

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
my question is it only valid for 59.99 versions? so if i wanted the 69.99 version of MM2 is it not compatible?

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
For buying brand new games (or pre-ordering) this is an absolute steal on Nintendo games. Doubly so if you can get gift cards at a discount - like, if you can get them for 10% off, that's $90 for two games (and $5 back in eShop credit via gold points). If you manage 20%, you're essentially getting them for less than $40 a piece.
Is anyone selling gift cards at a discount at the mo?

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
Once my Best Buy GCU expires, this might be the cheapest way for me to get Switch games. However, I'm pretty committed to going physical with Switch. I hope this promotion comes back around once I'm ready to go all in on digital.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Once my Best Buy GCU expires, this might be the cheapest way for me to get Switch games. However, I'm pretty committed to going digital with Switch. I hope this promotion comes back around once I'm ready to go all in on digital.
This seems indefinite, as it's a promotion only for NSO members and they are promoting more future titles compatible. You can purchase multiple vouchers. The only real restriction is you need to have a subscription and your voucher lasts a year after purchase.

milkyway

One Winged Slayer
May 17, 2018
Well at least I can reclaim the $20 I wasted spent on NSO in the first place lol.

But really this is a fabulous idea, it's a shame it's only for a limited time. Essentially 20% savings on 2 games including the gold coins you get.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
This would be best used for games you plan on getting at launch. In that sense, it's not bad at all.

I agree. Originally I was on the fence before, but thinking about it, this will be great for Mario Maker 2 and Pokemon SS for me. The latter is the only game coming out I'm sure I'll be buying day 1.