• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I had purchased $200 in 10% discounted eShop cards from paypal's Offer.
So $200 for $180.

If I buy two vouchers using that credit, I can get 4 $60 games valued at $240 for just $180.
It's $60 in savings.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not the biggest saving ever but it's something.

People always complain you can never get Nintendo tittle on discount, so here's a way to get that discount. It's a savings that no one else is offering, hell this works great because I don't have Best Buy's program anymore and Amazon got rid of their preorder discount.

MattD

Nov 4, 2017
Saving any money on digital day one purchases sounds good to me. I'll probably only be able to buy one pair before the promotion ends though.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any language on what happens if you don't redeem the voucher for the second game within one year? I'm not seeing any.
Surely you don't lose the extra $40 you paid initially completely? It would just go to eshop credit? Otherwise, that runs afoul of gift card laws and gets into class action territory.

Phellps

Oct 25, 2017
Weird. It would be nice if they would just do more sales like a normal company.
They're effectively doing a permanent sale where any game on that list gets 30% off if you buy another game. That includes some pre-orders, as is the case of SMM2.
This on top of the regular sales they have on the eShop.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
As of right now, my currently active GCU is still cheaper than this, but will definitely pick this soon so I can take advantage when that runs out later this year.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
Hopefully Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword and Shield qualify. Will buy those with Mario Maker 2 in a heartbeat.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I like this but if I bought it to find out Luigi's Mansion 3 or animal crossing weren't eligible I'd argue for a refund somehow.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
So i take it fire emblem and Astral chain are unable to be claimed yet? as i see no redeem voucher button on their page

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Damn that's pretty nifty. Too bad I'm not into buying digital games if I can get a physical copy.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
No thanks.

A lot of Nintendo games go for 50 very regulary on Amazon.

MasterChumly

Oct 25, 2017
There are multiple games on the list that are $50standard. Do you get additional discount if you pick those?

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I checked and you do indeed get MyNIntendo Gold coins when you buy the voucher meaning you get 5% off that purchase.
So if you buy it you'll actually save $25, spending $94.99 on a $120 value.

If you manage to find discounted eshop cards like a 10% card, you can save $35, spending $84.99 on a $120 value.
This is kind of crazy.

Zen Hero

Oct 25, 2017
So it's basically $20 off if you were going to buy digital? And NSO itself is $20, right?

It seems like it pays for itself, assuming the use case applies to you.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
definitely want Fire Emblem Three House so I guess I'll pick at least one pair of these up for that and maybe Marvel? I'm not terribly interested in Mario Maker just because I'm not creative in that way so I wouldn't be making my own levels or anything which to me would be the largest appeal

kirbyfan407

Oct 25, 2017
This seems indefinite, as it's a promotion only for NSO members and they are promoting more future titles compatible. You can purchase multiple vouchers. The only real restriction is you need to have a subscription and your voucher lasts a year after purchase.

Yeah, you're right. Sorry, a typo in my post made my intended message unclear. I probably won't be buying digital Nintendo games when there's a physical SKU until Switch 2 is a thing, so I'm hoping Nintendo keeps this idea around for a few more years.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
not much of an discount if the two games you want cost less then 50.
Why on Earth would anyone use this on two games that are under $50 each?

This is grade school level math. My God.

Also, you literally have to use at least one of the vouchers for a game that costs at least $59.99. So your premise doesn't even apply here.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
As someone who recently decided to go all-digital, this is an amazing thing. There are like six upcoming games I was already going to get on Switch this year, so this is perfect for me.

Nintendo really wants these digital sales.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
This actually seems like a great deal for Japan considering Astral Chain is like 8.6k yen there anyways.

Oct 25, 2017
If you have Amazon prime/Twitch Prime, you can currently get 3 months of Nintendo Online for free right now.
In 12 days (June) you can get 6 months.

OnanieBomb

Oct 25, 2017
At first I thought lol fuck off but then I realized GCU expired and this might be the next best thing for day 1 purchases...

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's say I buy the voucher to get Mario maker

Will I be able to save the second voucher to buy astral chain anytime I want to even after it releases or do I have to pre order it before it releases?

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
I bought some discount GameStop gift cards from some gift card reseller sites, bought eShop credit with those gift cards, and threw 'em at these vouchers. Ultimately paid $92.36 for what I would have normally paid $120 for. I also get $5 in eShop credit in the form of coins.

I'm sure it'll work on Animal Crossing or something else that's $60 in the future that I'll want digitally.

Let's say I buy the voucher to get Mario maker

Will I be able to save the second voucher to buy astral chain anytime I want to even after it releases or do I have to pre order it before it releases?

It works with games that are already out, so I imagine you're good.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
So it only works on old games and Mario Maker? That seems like....a terrible deal. If I could use the vouchers on MM and AC or FE then it might be a deal. But you can find almost any old Nintendo game for under $40 if you have your eye on it.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
So it only works on old games and Mario Maker? That seems like....a terrible deal. If I could use the vouchers on MM and AC or FE then it might be a deal. But you can find almost any old Nintendo game for under $40 if you have your eye on it.

You didn't read the OP, did you?

Aurica

音楽オタク - Comics Council 2020
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A mountain in the US
I guess I'll save money on Fire Emblem and Astral Chain, thanks! Especially since Japanese prices are normally terrible.

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Nope. Works with some upcoming games as well. I just wonder if they'll have it for Pokémon Sword and Shield?

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018

The list will add on as the year goes on. All those games you mentioned will very likely be on the list. It's likely only listing games that have known release dates.