• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
So it only works on old games and Mario Maker? That seems like....a terrible deal. If I could use the vouchers on MM and AC or FE then it might be a deal. But you can find almost any old Nintendo game for under $40 if you have your eye on it.
There will probably be more, but games like Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem aren't available to pre-order yet in the eShop.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Will do this for mario maker, Luigi's Mansion, animal crossing, and Pokemon assuming they give us dates for everything at e3

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
It's cheaper to get the games at retail in Australia than the $135 asking price. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017
no Mario Party and Tenis? jesus nintendo!

edit: they are on the "sale"! i was just dumb enough to no click the link

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
It's cheaper to get the games at retail in Australia than the $135 asking price. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
But does that count for digital copies as well? Games like Animal Crossing are games that you play almost every single day. Games like that greatly benefit from having a digital copy since you won't have to swap out cartridges everytime you want to play 20 minutes of AC to do the daily stuff and then return to your other, bigger game. I'm someone who still buys pretty much every game physical, but I really want games like Mario Maker 2 and Animal Crossing digital for the reason I described above. And no way am I going to find digital codes for that price online or at retail.

Oct 25, 2017

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Great deal. I hope that they consistently offer their new games as a part of this program. At least the first party games.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, so I checked and you do indeed get MyNIntendo Gold coins when you buy the voucher meaning you get 5% off that purchase.
So if you buy it you'll actually save $25, spending $94.99 on a $120 value.

If you manage to find discounted eshop cards like a 10% card, you can save $35, spending $84.99 on a $120 value.
This is kind of crazy.
Wheres a good place you can find discounted eshop cards on a somewhat regular basis?

I got one for 20$ off before but it was only on black friday

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
But does that count for digital copies as well? Games like Animal Crossing are games that you play almost every single day. Games like that greatly benefit from having a digital copy since you won't have to swap out cartridges everytime you want to play 20 minutes of AC to do the daily stuff and then return to your other, bigger game. I'm someone who still buys pretty much every game physical, but I really want games like Mario Maker 2 and Animal Crossing digital for the reason I described above. And no way am I going to find digital codes for that price online.
I've stuck to retail on Switch because it's cheaper and so other Switches in the household can play the games I buy, but I'm already frustrated by having to change carts all the damn time.

I really hope there's some sort of family sharing deal for digital titles on their next system so I can go all digital and not have those games be locked to my account on my Switch. Also, in hindsight, the Xbox One's original vision where buying a retail game would give you digital access is a great idea for something like the Switch.

MattD

Nov 4, 2017
I'll be using one pair for Mario Maker and Marvel. If I can afford a second pair, I'll use that for Astral Chain and a future game. I really hope they extend the deal or bring it back later.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just bought one pair, for Mario Maker and Yoshi. Then I see Marvel on the list, so that's a second pair on the cards off the bat.

kittens

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
damn as I read the thread title there was a split second I thought the Switch Mini was finally being announced

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just got an email this voucher this is only for a limited time, can't buy them anymore after July 31st didn't notice that

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just making sure does everyone realize these vouchers won't be available to purchase anymore after July 31st? This isn't a permanent thing

It's in the OP, and I just got the info in an email

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Now here's the conundrum. What if FE and the like have premium editions? Surely you can't use the voucher for those. So you're taking a bit of a gamble there.

Oct 25, 2017
Holy hell. Solid deal. After GCU died I don't see any better way to get new Nintendo first party games at a discount.

Just jumped on SMM2 with the voucher, I have most of the other games so I'm going to patiently wait and see if FE turns out to be great. If not I'm sure something else will catch my eye in the next year that I have to use this thing.

Radline

Oct 28, 2017
GCU died on me, so this mixed with Microsoft Rewards will be decent enough for me. Just have to remember to get it before July 31.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
It's a pretty good deal when combined with discounts on eShop credit.

Definitely going for Mario Maker 2. Not sure about the second game though. Do we have to choose the second game right away or do we have the full year to wait and see?

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Wheres a good place you can find discounted eshop cards on a somewhat regular basis?

I got one for 20$ off before but it was only on black friday

If you're in the US and have an Amazon Prime Credit Card you get 5% credit back on any Amazon purchase so I buy E-Shop gift cards from Amazon if there's no better deal. Of course you don't get the money right away (you get the credit after you pay your credit card bill) but hey it's better than nothing.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
eshop Card sale plus this plus you get coins right?

Not bad with a little work if used on high value games like Mario Maker 2 and.....?

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Not a bad deal. I was planning on buying Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Animal Crossing digitally anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Do we know if animal crossing, link's Awakening, or Luigi's Mansion will apply? If you can only buy them through July 31st, they might just limit it to summer titles.

KamiCrit

Oct 27, 2017
Western Canada
Should prolly pickup two pairs of those passes. Might have to get a few more after E3. Smart timing on Nintendo's part.

SMM2, FE Three Houses, LoZ Link's Awakening, Animal Crossing.