• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully I remember about this after E3. This deal is perfect for Pokemon/AC which will never drop in price.

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
People always complain you can never get Nintendo tittle on discount, so here's a way to get that discount. It's a savings that no one else is offering, hell this works great because I don't have Best Buy's program anymore and Amazon got rid of their preorder discount.
Works out at £42 for each game in the UK. Not really much of a deal to be honest.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
Just an FYI (if it wasn't already known) you can buy as many of these vouchers as you like, I just tested it. This year of 1st party output may end up rivalling 2017 for me.

Yoshi's Crafted World
Super Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Astral Chain
Animal Crossing
Links Awakening
Luigis Mansion 3
Pokemon

With maybe 1 or 2 more to be announced at E3. Almost makes up for how barren last year was from them.

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Hmmm factoring in the extra gold points you get for buying digital that might be interesting. I'll certainly crunch the numbers to see if it's worth getting Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Astral Chain this way.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
I fail to see how that is supposed to be a good deal.

Because you're saving £10 of a £50 game.

£84 for the 2 vouchers and £4.20 back in gold coins. For people like me who much prefers digital so I can always have my games with me on trips, this saving brings pricing in line with what you can get for buying physical.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
This would be better if there were two AAA releases on Switch anywhere near eachother. It's only a deal because they're so stubborn about dropping the prices of their 1st party stuff.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda tempted to do this for Maker 2, but to be honest there is nothing else currently revealed or released that I'd buy for 50 Euros as opposed to 60. We'll see at E3 if there's anything worthy, because I ain't putting down an extra 40 Euros "blindly" in the hopes of a good enough day 1 release in the next 12 months.

Oct 30, 2017
this does look great for japan particularly with pricing for stuff like astral chain and fire emblem, but y'all should note that the japanese SKUs for those two games don't have any other language options. i'd have ended up buying them at $60 from the US store anyway.

still a good deal to save 3000 yen on two regular first-party titles, though.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
Also keep watch of any potential 2x gold coin pre-orders. I can see those still happening.

That's really the only information I need.
I'm going to wait a little closer to the release of MM2 to be sure.

I don't remember if the 2x Gold Coins were announced immediately at the start of preorder for the other games.

In any case: thanks Amazon and Twitch for the free NSO!

Deleted member 50761

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 11, 2018
As much as I love digital games the prices of physical games make me scream internally that I decided to go digital this time.

Wijuci

Jan 16, 2018
What? You can buy first party games for 45€ on Amazon.

This is a terrible deal.

I just checked to be sure.
Mario Maker is 49,99€ here on Amazon, so two games would be 1 cent less.
Except I prefer digital games AND you get 4,95€ in Gold Points. So I get 4,96€ and two digital games. That's not great, but it seems like a deal in my favor.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
With my GCU expiring in July, this seems like a great deal to preorder Pokemon Sword & Shield and or other games releasing this Fall.

I just don't think it's a good value for older game's as you can find a lot of these game's discounted for $40 or a little bit less on occasion.
Unless you want digital, you can preorder them online and still get the discount on release. Plus the $10 in rewards.

Droyd

Mar 1, 2018
I fail to see how that is supposed to be a good deal.

Say I buy 4 vouchers. That's £168 for 4 game's priced £50 each. I also get 1000 gold points (£10 cashback).

So £158. I'll save £42.

Or I can think of it as new games costing me £40 at launch.

It's not great but as someone who has gone all digital I'll take whatever discount I can get.

The deal improves if Nintendo release any of their future first party games for £59.99. (Only Zelda and smash so far).

Mark1

Oct 30, 2017
Just an FYI (if it wasn't already known) you can buy as many of these vouchers as you like, I just tested it. This year of 1st party output may end up rivalling 2017 for me.

Yoshi's Crafted World
Super Mario Maker 2
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Astral Chain
Animal Crossing
Links Awakening
Luigis Mansion 3
Pokemon

With maybe 1 or 2 more to be announced at E3. Almost makes up for how barren last year was from them.
This is a good point actually. The timing of this announcement before E3 is quite clever, especially with upcoming games like Animal Crossing and Pokemon, which can be more convenient to have installed on your system.

Not sure if I will get one of these vouchers yet though. I like my physical purchases and some companies tend to offer these games at a cheaper price than Nintendo themselves.

deejay

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if this has been answered yet (currently at work) but if you have an EU Online subscription does the deal still apply (is Online region locked?)?

Ac30

Oct 30, 2017
London
Not sure if this has been answered yet (currently at work) but if you have an EU Online subscription does the deal still apply (is Online region locked?)?

You can get it for €99 which with our inflated shop pricing works out to -40% in some cases.

You can also try switching regions and see if buying it in SEK/NOK/AUD lowers it further...

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't the greatest deal but it allows me to get Mario Maker 2 and MUA3 digitally for about what it would cost physical day 1 and that's good enough for me I guess.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I think for gift cards in the US there's a 5-year minimum, but I'm not sure of all the details.

For this, if you just lose the $40 if you don't redeem the second one in time, it's pretty sketchy, even if you have a year. The difference from something like bonus gold coins expiring (i.e. promo credit) is that you pay $100 upfront. Worst case they should just credit that $40 you spent back in eshop credit. You don't lose what you paid, you just lose the $20 discount.

That would be an ideal situation but the idea is probably for you to spend more on games. The idea is to encourage you to pick up more games per transaction.

The best thing for me would be to lengthen the expiration date. I'll probably find 2 games to buy within a year.

oneils

Oct 25, 2017
Ottawa Canada
Seems a bit goofy to me. Why not just give NSO subscribers discounts on games like Xbox live gold, and PS Plus?
Having to fork over cash before a discount is just weird.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Paid online required? Digital only?

Hard pass. Just wait for a sale or BST/eBay.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Since the vouchers can only be purchased until July 31, I'm guessing more games won't be added in the future? If so I'll end up with Mario maker, marvel, fire emblem and astral.

Oct 25, 2017
£84, phew. I have everything I want upcoming from Nintendo preordered on shopto for £37 a pop so that feels rough hah. If you're already buying this stuff digitally and you're subbed up though, why not.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure the short expiration date on those vouchers is at least a legal grey area in Germany if it isn't outright illegal.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
The thread that will result if Nintendo decides not to add any more titles to the supported list would be absolutely glorious.

I kind of hope they don't, just to witness the overwhelming amount of salt from people assuming (with no confirmation, mind you) that they can get every upcoming title for the next year with these things.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
The big problem of this offer in Spain is that I probably can get 2 nintendo titles for that price or less in their physical form thanks to Media Markt. For example Smash Bros Ultimate in Mediamarkt isntead of 70 euros it was 55 euros on release. All nintendo titles on media markt cost around 10 to 15 euros less than in any other store or the pirce nintendo ask for officialy.

The gold coins and some people enjoying more digital than physcal is the only thing that this offer has in its favor.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Going to do it for Mario maker and Marvel ultimate alliance.

UK people use zoom as well for cheaper eshop credit

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Can you use coins to buy this? I have 1281 coins on hand, it would be great for MK8D or Zelda and then use it toward MUA3.