• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
This a pretty good deal if you're digital. I know i will use this voucher for Fire Emblem, i just i'm not sure what other game to pair it with. Either MM2 or Astral Chain. Which of those has a chance to get a discount this year. I would bet on Astral Chain getting one since it is not developed in-house, but maybe i'm wrong and Nintendo published titles are handled the same when it comes to discounts, regardless of who developed them.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
People calling this a scam or lackluster are really reaching.

It's a discount on digital, I don't see other platforms or stores offering 20% off new digital titles.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, Nintendo is basically giving our NSO subscription money back, i can't see how this is a bad deal...

twinturbo2

Oct 27, 2017
Jupiter, FL
Guess I'll get a pair of vouchers and use them on Mario Maker 2 and MUA3. $20 savings is $20 savings, and I was interested in both of those games anyways.

daybreak

Feb 28, 2018

It's a discount on digital, I don't see other platforms or stores offering 20% off new digital titles.

In fact, I consistently see people complaining that savings associated with digital games over physical ones aren't passed along the consumer in some way. It's been a very common complaint with this generation.

Now Nintendo actually goes and introduces a trial of the best savings we've seen for new, existing, and pre-order first party games...and people complain. Because of course they do.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017

I read on some forums of my country that basically no one likes this discount. Well, this time I don't agree absolutely with them. I like physical boxes so I won't use these vouchers, but for people who 1) want to buy digital games and 2) want to buy them day-1 (e.g. Fire Emblem and Astral Chain), they are very good. basically it's as if they buy one game at full price, and the other only 40€. It would be impossible to get them digitally at this price (and also physically it is not easy).

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People coming here calling this a scam or a bad deal are hilarious.

Who cares if you can get it cheaper buying physical...this is obviously for people who want digital.

It's a good deal

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
You can buy $50 codes today for $42 via massgenie. Follow slickdeals or Wario64 and you can find 15 -20% e shop cards on an almost weekly basis.
Thanks. That website isn't loading for me, and I suspect it's only for people in NA. I'm in a weird situation where I'm based in the UK but have a US eShop account.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Tbh, I will probably get it for MM2.
50€ for a day 1 digital copy is pretty good.
Do you get coins with it?

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather just buy what I want when I want it instead of plunking down a bunch of money up front with the stipulation that it's only good for a year (why?) and seems limited to select digital titles. Even under the very best circumstances (there are two, full-priced games you want to immediately buy), it's merely an "ok" deal.

Deleted member 9584

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I buy most of my Switch games at retail; however, if Animal Crossing is added to the list, I will buy the vouchers for Mario Maker and Animal Crossing; those games are perfect to have digitally.

rafiii

Feb 7, 2019
With my gold coins I can get Ultimate alliance 3 & Fire emblem for 44€ each (instead of 60€). I'll take it.
The best part : you earn coins when you buy it :)

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
sweet, locks in astral chain and fe3 for me i guess

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'm messing up my math here, but:
With the MyNintendo Gold coins you get with the purchase of the voucher (500 coins/$5) you're essentially paying $94.99 for two $60 games/$120.
That's 21%, which is as good as GCU
Oh! I didn't even think of gold coins! Thanks! I might use this for Astral Chain & Ultimate Marvel Alliance 3 after all.

Oct 25, 2017
It's always pretty weird when Nintendo offers a way to save on brand new digital games people seem to get really angry.

Noticed it with the announcement of gold coins which is 5% back on everything for everyone.
Now 16% off (21% when combined with MyNintendo Gold) is a scam.

Being in the US, I lap these sales up whenever I can and have been waiting for something like it ever since Nintendo mentioned a special offers program.
I only buy eShop credit when it's discounted so I save a ton on eShop games. At least 15% off most of the time. Now I'm getting like 30% off two games I'm getting day 1.

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Cool, I'll get Marvel ultimate Alliance for sure. Also want that new Platnuim games title (Astral). Could settle for the new Fire Emblem tho

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
Is there Confirmation that you can use eshop credit on these? I saw someone say it looks like it but didn't see 100% confirmation

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
I'm all digital, so I appreciate this offer. I think I'll wait for E3 to fully sell me on Fire Emblem, and then I'll use these vouchers to preorder Fire Emblem and Astral Chain.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
It's always pretty weird when Nintendo offers a way to save on brand new digital games people seem to get really angry.

Noticed it with the announcement of gold coins which is 5% back on everything for everyone.
Now 16% off (21% when combined with MyNintendo Gold) is a scam.

Being in the US, I lap these sales up whenever I can and have been waiting for something like it ever since Nintendo mentioned a special offers program.
I only buy eShop credit when it's discounted so I save a ton on eShop games. At least 15% off most of the time. Now I'm getting like 30% off two games I'm getting day 1.

I think it makes some people's choice to go physical more diffuclt or they feel digital is such a good deal they may need a bigger SD card.

Some people are very particular about that and like to juggle their budget and refrigerator in a Specific way.

My issue is the selection is a bit too narrow.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Only here would people complain about saving $20 (technically $25 when you get gold coins) a bad deal/scam.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Does this work on ALL upcoming titles? Like SMM2. The list in the OP is full of old games, there's no way those should still go for 50$ when discounted.

Tempy

Oct 25, 2017
I've been considering this offer - I prefer buying physical, but Super Mario Maker 2 and Animal Crossing seem good to have digitally. Although maybe Animal Crossing will get some nice special edition, and are we sure Animal Crossing will be eligible as it's not listed yet?

Deleted member 2340

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I can basically get Fire Emblem Three Houses and Pokémon Sword for 100$?

I thought this was tied to Mario Maker 2, like I had to use one of the voucher for Mario Maker and the 2nd voucher for whatever.

I'm glad I came into this thread. I may get 200$ worth. 100$ now and 100$ on July 30th.