• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it weren't for official key resellers, this would be an okay deal for Swiss users. As it stands, you save at most 10 bucks and only if you get the most expensive games like BotW and Smash Bros. For almost everything else, you're losing money this way.

viskod

Nov 9, 2017
Hey I'll take $10 dollars off. I just don't know what I'd use it on other than Mario Maker 2 and I guess that Persona 5 game whenever its out.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
So.... an opportunity to buy two games at 10.00 off by paying in advance.
No need to pay in advance. You can just as well wait until the games you'd want are out and then buy a voucher and save your 20 bucks.

Hey I'll take $10 dollars off. I just don't know what I'd use it on other than Mario Maker 2 and I guess that Persona 5 game whenever its out.
Yo this is for first party titles. Look at the list.

vinicius

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
savecoins creator posted these on the savecoins discord ... if I am not mistaken, australia still belongs to europe for videogames

sgyIwBQ.png
Strange that he left Japan out. I bought my vouchers there for R$385 (~91 USD), same currency as he is using. From what I could tell, it's the best deal currently.

Oct 25, 2017
So should work for Pokemon Sword and Shield since Let's Go is included?
I guess the issue is that you can only purchase the vouchers up to July and it doesn' seem guranteed they'll support titles much beyond that.
Astral Chain is up there so that's a confirmation that you can get titles past the July 31st date, but it might be a preload?

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Strange that he left Japan out. I bought my vouchers there for R$385 (~91 USD), same currency as he is using. From what I could tell, it's the best deal currently.
I guess it's because many japanese games have their own SKU that only includes japanese, while the rest of the world shares basically the same eShop.

vinicius

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I guess it's because many japanese games have their own SKU that only includes japanese, while the rest of the world shares basically the same eShop.
Oh, didn't know about that. I bought Yoshi and Smash with the vouchers, so it wasn't a problem in this case, but good to know about this difference.

Thanks for the info!

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Check out your local Target. I was there yesterday and had various Nintendo games for $49.99 each.

Nintendo Games for $49.99 each.
MK8D
Smash (website said $59.99 but go there in person, $49.99 on the tag)
BotW
Odyssey
Mario Tennis

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
It's pretty good. Gameplay wise it's a smoother version of Xenoblade 1, story wise I would say it's a step down just because they triple down on the anime tropes and it's not as "deep" philosophy wise like the other games got, so depending on how much you can stomuch those it's an enjoyable ride. Same goes for the designs of the characters so heads up on big tiddy waifus and questionably aged little girls. Save off on getting the expansion for it until the gameplay clicks and you know you're going to finish it and then take advantage of the goodies it gives you.

As for the deal I think it's a pretty sweet deal. Bought a bunch of $35 eshop cards for $24 each and bought four vouchers. Already got MM2 and will get UA3 when that goes up for preorder. Hoping to use the second set on DQB2 when that goes up and if Astral Chain, Animal Crossing, or Zelda don't come with any physical goodies I'll use the fourth one on one of those.
thanks!

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Check out your local Target. I was there yesterday and had various Nintendo games for $49.99 each.

Nintendo Games for $49.99 each.
MK8D
Smash (website said $59.99 but go there in person, $49.99 on the tag)
BotW
Odyssey
Mario Tennis
I'm sure many people here can find cheaper physical games (even if it's not possible in Sweden) and that's all good, but if you want to go digital this is unmatched.

mikeeb13

Dec 6, 2017
Will likely cop this for Mario Maker and Marvel Ultimate Alliance

... and then again for Link's Awakening and Animal Crossing once they (hopefully) announce their inclusion at E3. Interesting program, but however you wanna give me dollars off, I'll take it!

DaveB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
So.... an opportunity to buy two games at 10.00 off by paying in advance.
It's actually a better deal than Best Buy GCU (if yours hasn't run out). You pay $100 and get $5 back in gold coins, making it $12.50 off each game. It's not a dramatic difference, but given that GCU isn't applicable on digital games, it's a great deal for the right games.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
If this was sold on Amazon, my goodness
I need that. $10 off each for 2 full priced digital games, plus gold coins plus points on my Amazon card. Please Nintendo consider 3rd party reseller

Hold the fucking phone, I can get 2 $50 eShop gift cards from Amazon to get amazon. Use them on the vouchers, then redeem the vouchers to get the games and gold coins. That is having my cake and eating it too.

Last edited:

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I might get my voucher just before MM2 launches.
Still waiting to see if MM2 has single system multiplayer beyond creation.

ShivUK

Nov 2, 2017
I'm in for at least two vouchers, maybe four. The Swedish eshop price works out at £36 per game, plus you get some gold coins towards (probably) an indie title.

For day one digital games that I can game share with my sister (which you can't do with physical), it's a steal. Even with the pound at "historic lows".

Mario maker, animal crossing and links awakening are definite buys - bound to be something else by the end of July 2020.

EDIT: I've done this and picked up BOXBOY+BOXGIRL for less than £1 after applying the gold coins. Awesome.

Last edited:

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
How have the reviews been for Dragon Quest Builders 2 on Switch? It's been out in Japan for a spell already, right?
There's not a ton of reviews since it's still Japan only at the moment, but all impressions I've seen make it out to be the first game but better. And considering DQB1 has an 83 metacritic score, the sequel will likely score about the same or much better since it essentially just took the template from the first and improved combat, building, exploration, and added multiplayer.

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just bought my first pair of vouchers and the gold coins you get with them basically let me get Mario Maker, Marvel Ultimate Alliance and an indie game with gold coins for 95 dollars. As an all digital gamer in Sweden it's like living in heaven. Suddenly I don't need to create eShop accounts to get good deals! And the Nintendo Switch online account finally has value and pays for itself now basically.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question about how this works. Can I use the vouchers for my family to get both Pokemon games and play on 2 different switches (Shield on one, Sword on the other) at the same time? Or will it be registered to one account and have weirdness? Not really sure how account sharing works on Switch.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Just bought one of these today - do we know if new games coming out later this year (AC, LM3, etc.) will be supported?

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bumping to notify Sword and Shield will be redeemable with vouchers:

Used my first voucher on Mario Maker 2. Going to use my second on Sword, now that I know I can do that. I was going to use it on Marvel, but who knows now... Maybe I'll buy another set of vouchers after Nintendo's E3 showing. Or I'll sell my physical copy of Smash Ultimate to someone for $40 and redeem my voucher on that. :)

Deleted member 8791

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have a question about how this works. Can I use the vouchers for my family to get both Pokemon games and play on 2 different switches (Shield on one, Sword on the other) at the same time? Or will it be registered to one account and have weirdness? Not really sure how account sharing works on Switch.
You should be able to account share on two Switches. Don't have a handy guide nearby but I don't see any issues.

Just bought one of these today - do we know if new games coming out later this year (AC, LM3, etc.) will be supported?

Since Sword and Shield is supported it's a safe guess.

Nov 3, 2017
Just wanted to bump this thread to remind Aussie Switchers that Big W has started discounting eShop cards by 10% which makes these Vouchers a really good proposition.

Nov 3, 2017
$100 for $90? I'm not in Australia but that's a great deal. Essentially two games for $45 each at launch

it's a little different here. Big game releases usually cost 60-100 AUD here.

10% off eShop gift cards means that you can buy $135 worth of gift cards for only $121.50 (for clarity the Game Vouchers cost 134.95 AUD).

For example, if I buy high-end games like BotW and Smash Bros Ultimate: both of those games cost $89.95 each for a digital copy on the eShop and by using the vouchers you would only pay $60.75 which means you are effectively saving almost 30 dollars per game!

For reference, 60.75 AUD is approx. 42 USD.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I purchased 2 vouchers and used one for SMM2. I want to save the second one for FETH (not up for pre-purchase yet), but other games are tempting me lol

TheStebe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
London
Do we know if Fire Emblem Three Houses will be redeemable with the vouchers too at some point? Cant preorder digitally yet so not sure if its possible yet