• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017

There was that rumor of a 3DS remake of VB Wario Land being developed by Skip. The same rumor also mentioned a 3DS WarioWare game which got confirmed, so you never know, maybe there's some truth to those rumors after all.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Wario Land? Oh man that would be cool

Wario Land 4 is one of my favorite all time games. I'll even take a simple collection.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
3DS means life.

Never touched the franchise before, are any of those Wario games, really good?

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Wario Land VBR was one of those things that always seemed really obvious for the 3DS that we never ended up getting so I guess it would fit in with Nintendo's current line of support for the system to do it now.

Mysterio79

Oct 25, 2017
They applied for Wario Land, 1080 Snowboarding and Wave Race in the last couple years.

It could mean these games are coming or they are renewing the copyright. Hard to tell.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
It's funny how a 3DS Virtual Boy Wario Land remake in 2018/2019 sounds completely reasonable.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
me.gif

deacd39b-ed76-4224-a9zeslt.gif

Seriously though. I want a new Wario Land so bad, but I also want a COLOR remake of Awazon on 3DS. The 3DS has the same 15:9 aspect as the 3DS so it would be a PERFECT experince!

Argot

Oct 29, 2017
Wasn't that Skip-developed Wario Land "rumor" just part of another 4chan direct "leak" that didn't come to pass.

Oct 25, 2017
USA, Sol 3, Universe 1
/v/ does get real leaks from time to time, and it's fun to look back. Mario Odyssey was the best one. /v/ is also a great place to post leaks in complete anonymity, he'll even Ive posted some EA leaks last decade, again completely anonymously, when I had connections.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Prepare for raging people when they find out it's another 3DS exclusive game.
A remake of VB Wario Land would make perfect sense as a 3DS game though, since the whole game is designed around the background-foreground effect (which went on to inspire Mutant Mudds).

I'm kind of annoyed about the 3DS still getting support but I'd totally be down for this, lol. It would be a shame for that game to never be rereleased and sit trapped on a failed console. Why they never just released VB games on the Virtual Console in grayscale or something is beyond me.

Mega Man Zero

Oct 27, 2017
I would love a game in the style of Wario Land 4, with HD & 16:9 graphics in the style of Wario Land Shake It for Wii.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
This is interesting because all of the other trademarks renewed recently were games that are already announced, so it's definitely likely there is a new WL coming.

Or they just renewed Wario Ware and were like fuck it might as well renew this too.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is Retro's new game.

That LinkdIn dev said he was working on innovative new ways to tell a story

he wrote the whole script in farts

Tamath

Oct 31, 2017
Vienna, Austria
Played every Wario Land game bar the Virtual Boy one and I'd be so hype for a new one. I actually considered writing "Retro makes new Wario Land" in the "left-field but plausible E3 announcements" thread but now it doesn't seem so left-field any more!

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
A remake of VB Wario Land would make perfect sense as a 3DS game though, since the whole game is designed around the background-foreground effect (which went on to inspire Mutant Mudds).

It would have made sense five years ago, it doesn't make a ton of sense now that the 2DS is their focus and they barely include stereoscopic 3D in their own games anymore.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
It would have made sense five years ago, it doesn't make a ton of sense now that the 2DS is their focus and they barely include stereoscopic 3D in their own games anymore.
Yeah, pretty funny how Nintendo just gave up on the gimmicks of both of their most recent hardware before the Switch.

Barely any unique GamePad functionality on the Wii U at all, barely any special 3D stuff on the 3DS in the latter part of it's life

Deleted member 19702

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope they finally make a playable Waluigi for the first time. Please, no 3DS, this will be very disappointing and probably it won't sell as much on it as it would be on Switch.

robjoh

Oct 31, 2017

True. 3DS is selling well in the west and it makes sense to keep it alive, but it is not 3DS that is selling it is 2DS and 2DS xl. Those two systems stands for a clear majority of the sales.