• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
I was browsing the eShop thread on CAG and many people were discussing some really great switch games for cheap using nintendo's argentina webstore and I decided to try the method and it worked.

Here are some of the current prices:
Katana Zero ($3)
Hollow Knight ($3)
Stardew Valley ($3)
Celeste ($4)
Wargroove ($4)
Hotline Miami Collection ($5)
Risk of Rain 2 ($8)

You can view the complete list of games in here, from cheapest to most expensive.
Type 479 argentine peso to usd in google to convert it, for example.

I just picked up Katana Zero, Celeste, Risk of Rain 2, and Stardew Valley for $19.14 just now.

How to purchase the games:
Go to nintendo.com signed out.
Click change region and select Argentina.
Click the red button on the top right to register and make a new account (i used the gmail trick to use the same gmail address).
Make sure you select Argentina as country when creating your account.
After making your account go to
Add the games you want to your cart and use your credit card to check out (your credit card must be able to be used internationally)
I used this post on CAG to help with the address
Wait for the email with your digital codes. (mine was instant)
I then redeemed the codes on my main account here in the USA.

Last edited:

Stupid Sexy Flanders

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Doesn't work for me with 2 of my cards. Guessing because I'm in UK or something.

Anyone wanna buy me katana zero and risk of rain for $15?

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
What post did you use from CAG? The link takes me to the last page, nothing specific about an address...

Almyn

Oct 26, 2017
N-Ireland
What post did you use from CAG? The link takes me to the last page, nothing specific about an address...

From the CAG thread...

For those having issues, this is the info you need.

Your name
Your address
Your phone number
Your city

*now here is what you need to change*

State: Buenos Aires
Zip: B1631IUD (I think they have it as cad or something)
ID number: 12345678

Doesn't work for me with a UK debit card.

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't work for me (German credit card) even with the method posted above and usually I can buy stuff internationally.

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
From the CAG thread...

For those having issues, this is the info you need.

Your name
Your address
Your phone number
Your city

*now here is what you need to change*

State: Buenos Aires
Zip: B1631IUD (I think they have it as cad or something)
ID number: 12345678

Doesn't work for me with a UK debit card.
Wow, it worked. Katana Zero and Cuphead for like $13!

edit: U.S., by the way.

Wishbone Ash

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Michigan
If I had to jump through hoops to take advantage of regional pricing meant for people on the other side of the globe in a completely different economy, I probably wouldn't (or shouldn't) be spending my money on video games in the first place.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Alright, everyone. Keep this place quiet and act like it's a secret. I just wanted to know if there is an expiration date for such great deals, or some caveats somewhere...

Atheerios

Oct 27, 2017
I think it may be a pricing error, as the Colombian and Chilean stores are more expansive and between all of them Argentina is the one with most inflation.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to jump through hoops to take advantage of regional pricing meant for people on the other side of the globe in a completely different economy, I probably wouldn't (or shouldn't) be spending my money on video games in the first place.
That's some weird logic. Disregarding people who can afford normal prices and just want to save a few bucks, there's more than enough people who have a slim gaming budget and want to get the most out it. Not having much money doesn't mean that you shouldn't enjoy hobbies like gaming, merely that you have to spend your limited funds wisely.

I generally agree that exploiting regional pricing isn't a cool thing to do, though. What happened to the SA eShop is a good example why. But I can't blame people who don't have much for taking the opportunity.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Don't be hatin dude

BTW I jumped through 5 mins of hoops to save 55 bucks.

unicornKnight

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Athens, Greece
Do we have anyone with a European card that has worked for him? Sounds like the usual policy that eShop on Latin America countries or Mexico accepts US cards but rejects european.

Deleted member 8791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do we have anyone with a European card that has worked for him? Sounds like the usual policy that eShop on Latin America countries or Mexico accepts US cards but rejects european.
Yeah I haven't even tried but I've never been able to use my card outside of Europe on the eShop (except South Africa but it's part of NoE).

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
I've got 2 things in my cart, but when I go to checkout, I've got the following message :

"
Los ajustes de país o región de tu cuenta no concuerdan con la versión de Nintendo.com que estás viendo. Selecciona el país o región correspondiente si deseas adquirir un producto.

Permanecer en la página
Cambiar de país o región"

Is there a way to bypass that easily ?
Go to the account settings for the account you just made and change the country to Argentina. Worked for me after I did that.

Oct 27, 2017
Tried two payment methods and just get:

"There was a problem processing the transaction. Contact your credit card issuer or select another payment method. For help, visit support.nintendo.com."

No joy for me so. If anyone has a solution to buying from the EU then please share.

Last edited:

Piscus

Oct 27, 2017
Worked for me the first time, errored on the payment type when I went back to get a year of NSO. Oh well. I won't push for anymore.

Nelo Ice

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yes thanks OP!. Picked up Risk of Rain 2, Wargroove, Katana Zero, and Hotline MIami for $20!. Sadly I already own the rest of the must haves :(.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Worked! Got Hotline, Katana and Wargroove. Thanks OP you just made my backlog even bigger T_T

Mr G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
I don't wanna complain, but doesn't this help to jack up the prices over there.
The prices are low cause people can't pay the same price as europeans or americans, if we all start shopping over there whats gonna happen to the prices for people that live there.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The prices are low cause people can't pay the same price as europeans or americans, if we all start shopping over there whats gonna happen to the prices for people that live there.

Don't try to give me a guilty conscience!

Reinhard

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, picked up Katana Zero. Didn't abuse it either by just getting 1 purchase and I'm done. I'm sure some people will go crazy with it. Interesting that the digital/indie titles are much cheaper but the AAA Nintendo releases are $57 USD instead of $59.99 so barely lower in cost.

scamander

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah, of course, but what do we care when we can save ourselves a few bucks. /s

Wolf of Yharnam

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It does, in the long run. But people don't care, as long as they bought their games for a few bucks that they had no intention to play anyway and will rot in their backlog for eternity. There's a reason regional pricing exists and should be left to the individual countries

scamander

Oct 27, 2017
And the fucked up thing is, for you guys it's only a few bucks you could easily afford. When they change the pricing in Argentina most people there can't afford to buy these games anymore.
I really hope Nintendo just revokes the licenses from everyone who abuses this system, instead of changing the prices.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great, now we even have people here who are using the low prices there for their own personal gain- without even a slight amount of shame. Morally bankrupt to the core.

Get the fuck out of here dude, I paid $3.23 US Dollars and asked for $6. I'm so morally fucking bankrupt on making a $2.77 profit.

Mr G

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
And the fucked up thing is, for you guys it's only a few bucks you could easily afford. When they change the pricing in Argentina most people there can't afford to buy these games anymore.
I really hope Nintendo just revokes the licenses from everyone who abuses this system, instead of changing the prices.
I didn't want to point that out, people should decide for themselves.
But i hope they realise they are screwing the people who actually live there.

ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
People that take advantage of this financially hurt gamers in these countries because these companies will raise prices to reduce arbitrage.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Picked up Risk of Rain 2, Katana Zero and Celeste. Been wanting to check them out thanks for the heads up!.