• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
I kind of have my doubts it's VR.

I don't think the specs will allow to run VR well and it's hard to imagine bringing a VR headset on the go with its mobility. I am curious what extensions they can go with on this device however.

I do wish for netflix and other useful apps soon. Would compliment the TV connection very well.

Dorfdad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No the switch doesn't need to focus on VR for switch 1. Keep pushing the envelope with quality games and get more third parties involved.

Also get the virtual shop up with n64 and GameCube games supported and ride the wave of money.

At some point introduce the 4K dock. While docked all current games will scale to 4K with some enhancements. All future titles to support 4K as well. No need for handheld specs to change at this time.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
New Super Mario Brothers: Switch is announced. "More ways to have fun!"

This could mean almost literally anything. It's vague to the point that I don't think it's really worth any attention.

Kyzer

Oct 25, 2017
So people know you can do VR with mobile phones already right? It's entirely possible on Switch and there's already a patent

Dragondorf

Oct 30, 2017
He could hint on several things:

- Switch online
- VC launching
- VC Joy-con controllers (NES, SNES, ...)
- VR (which to me is very unlikely)
- new revised hardware maybe (Switch mini, Switch XL, ...)
- more games coming up

EDIT: forgot about Netflix and other apps.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Super dock for 199$ renders all switch games in 4k, gives more stable FPS, built in fan for extra cooling, 500gig built in storage only usable when docked

Edit: also a new switch slim for 300$ but you can buy it with a super dock bundle for 450$

Last edited:

Deleted member 4518

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For me personally I hope this means some media apps like Netflix, YouTube and Twitch. Plus, if we can live stream to YouTube, Twitch, I'd love that!

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
VR seems like a hell of a leap.

Netflix I thought was already rumored/leaked. But I see something more along those lines or classic games in the eshop.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Not sure about new ways but last week I had my first 'this is it' moment.

Took my son to the library and there was loads of kids all playing Roblox (never knew that was so big). Anyway he got chatting to some other kid and asked for my switch. Tabletop mode MK8 Deluxe and suddenly you had numerous kids all taking turns playing 2 player Mario Kart. Was pretty cool.

RobFox64tm

Oct 30, 2017
Aside from Kirby and Yoshi, and I suppose Metroid Prime 4 if you actually expect it next year, 2018 for the Switch seems a little dry as of right now. Of course, I don't actually think Nintendo has nothing lined up, but I think we are due for a Direct packed with new reveals. It will be hard to top this year though, no matter what they announce.

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Pure conjecture (and this is probably not what was meant by "more ways to have fun"), but what about a joycon/addon adding AR capabilities to the Switch?

During Variety's September Entertainment and Tech Summit, Reggie said: "problem with VR is that there aren't a lot of experiences that are truly fun..... snip....We have a lot of experience with AR. The potential for AR is here and now.".

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably just stuff like Netflix/Hulu ect. And you know....continuing to support their platform through the next year after launch which is insanity.

Tickling

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I was thinking a switch pure home console so they can increase the footprint of switches at reduced cost

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
This is a long way from the 'Iwata Asks' days have having a public face you can relate to at the top of the corporation. I miss that guy, who deserves more credit for Switch's success now.

AaronB

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as it doesn't involve shoe-horning more waggle and motion controls into your Flagship titles...

Lyrick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably media Apps and other software

Obviously video streaming stuff will make it at some point (Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc)

Given the timing I'm guessing this is referring to more recent stuff like the Korg Gadget.

El Sabroso

Oct 25, 2017
Monterrey, MX
I am sure VC is the new way because will have VC online, not sure if they gonna just link consoles online with existing game modes or gonna implement something based on those games in a sort of NES Remix format

Still no clue if we are just gonna have apps or any sort of integration of them with games

Comet

Oct 27, 2017
A comment like this doesn't deserve multiple pages of discussion, yet here I am posting!

Deleted member 7572

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Given the timing I'm guessing this is referring to more recent stuff like the Korg Gadget.
Every Nintendo handheld has had a pretty full suite of creation tools. (Colors, Art Academy, Rytmik, Korg, Petit Computer, etc.) I doubt he's talking about a continuation of what every other Nintendo handheld has played host to.

If Vern is saying maybe VR, I'm inclined to believe it's maybe VR.