• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
That's kind of an understatement. They've done phenomenally on animation budgets of less than 100 mln USD each. The latest minions movie grossed more outside of US than Moana did worldwide. The last Descipable movie and the latest Minions spinoff grossed over a billion each. That doesn't happen that often with animation, even for Disney.

Oh for sure, it's just with the 'even in Japan' aside where I wasn't sure if its performance was equally phenomenal or just pretty good, so I went for a smaller baseline. But yes, they are successful people, they know how to make and market animated features.

Oct 25, 2017
If Nintendo is not actually putting money in the project to improve animation in that studio (and actually hiring people themselve that actually have creativity in their veins) I have zero faith on this. That or Illumination is going to have hard time when Nintendo starts trashing their work as not good enough when the final renders release like its actually happening with Super Nintendo World at Universal this last weeks that have stopped the project.
They specifically mentioned that a large sum of their Seattle Mariners sale profit would be going into their film initiative. So that's a likely scenario.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Could have picked Blue Sky or Dreamworks but i assume because Illumination is part of Universal and Universal is also doing the theme park for Nintendo that they just stuck with it.

meloa

Nov 10, 2017
Illumination's films may be boring but tbh, I think their animation style is pretty clean and Nintendo would rake in a bunch of cash. It's a good business deal

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I want the voice cast to be this.

Charles Martinet - Mario, Luigi, Wario, Waluigi
Samantha Kelly - Peach, Toad, Toadette.
Deanna Mustard - Daisy
Kazumi Totaka - Yoshi
Kenny James - Bowser
Laura Faye Smith - Rosalina
Dolores Rogers - Bowser Jr.
Nintendo Sound Team works on voices of generic Koopas and Goombas.
Nate Bihldorff - Shy Guy

Maybe throw in celebrities for vocal songs?